We recently spent five nights at this resort. Very helpful bellman helped us into the lobby which is open and has a nice feel to it. Check in was smooth and pleasant, though we were told we had been upgraded because we were SPG Platinum - however, the junior suite was what I had paid for. I requested another upgrade and was told the hotel was full. However when checking on-line later on, saw that there were other suites available. The walk from the lobby to the far end elevators is a fair distance, through a somewhat "concrete looking structure" - surely something more can be done to enhance this corridor? At the time we were there, the large water feature, was empty - an accident waiting to happen if one wasn't paying attention - as it is an in ground feature. A bench was placed at either side of this open area about three days into our stay,
The room itself was lovely, though could do with a bit of updating. King bed, wall mounted TV, sofa and one chair with coffee table. Balcony had two loungers and jacuzzi tub, with an incredible view of the ocean - really great to wake up to! Large bathroom with two basins, tub, and separate shower and toilet. A bit dark though. Closet was in the bathroom, which doesn't appeal to me. Entrance with desk and chair. Really can't complain about the room.
As far as fitness centers go - this is one of the nicest ones I have been to in a long time. Lots of machines and weights - iced towels and ice water available as well.
We went to the pool every day, and this area is very nice. However the pool always had bits of grass and leaves floating in it, - and the human effort to remove this was mediocre to say the least (we watched them). Didn't enjoy the pool food, and the service was always slow, so we tried the restaurant, but this was not our favorite either. So we resorted to going to the marina later in the day and getting lunch there.
The staff were always friendly, with a lovely greeting no matter which part of the hotel we went to. Kudos to the bellman and the assistant in the club lounge for being most helpful and cheerful!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Starwood, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Westin Resort & Spa, Puerto Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Resort And Spa Puerto Vallarta
- Westin Resort & Spa Puerto Vallarta Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Westin Puerto Vallarta
- Westin Regina Puerto Vallarta
- Puerto Vallarta Westin
- Westin Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Westin Resort Puerto Vallarta