Everything here is solid! I would say the jewel of this property is the amazing people that work there - everyone is helpful, friendly and kind. The property itself is beautiful with an abundance of mature palm trees, beautiful lawns and plantings and all well maintained. I honestly thought the hotel needs a bit of a facelift including the pool. The rooms (club level) are very nice with amenities and decor.
My big beef is that the room had two twin beds. Somehow, when we booked this trip, that detail evaded me or I would have never booked. We are a family of three, my teenage daughter who still (for a limited time) thinks its cool to travel with us, but my husband and I are not comfortable in a twin bed. Honestly, I think it is not to Westin standards to only offer rooms with a king size or two twin beds. This is not luxury. When I travel, I have the expectation that the hotel is going to be at the standard of my home or better. It's a major issue to me. Just be aware and manage your expectations accordingly. The view from our hotel was so good and that honestly made up for the size of the beds. Our balcony with seating area was well used and I recommend a room as high as you can go - the view of the whole bay is really beautiful.
We did an all inclusive package and found the Club amenities including private lounge to be a plus, again traveling with a teenager - they eat all day long, which adds up. We loved the swim up bar and made use of it each day.
This was our second year in a row of going to PV. Last year we stayed at an incredible property in the Riviera Naryit area and I have to say, the beach area at the Weston was better. We loved the water even in the evenings, the sunsets are ridiculously amazing. The vendors on the beach though are unrelenting - be aware. We also enjoyed the cabanas and lounge beds next to the beach with excellent pool side service.
Our meals were very good and again the service was excellent. We appreciated the wide range of offerings that were included in the inclusive plan and the drink selection as well. This included all of the restaurants on property as well as room service - all were very good.
We had massages everyday of vacation, starting with the couple giving foot massages out on the beach in front of the hotel. We also checked out two places in the Maria area right across the street from the hotel. All were amazing value. We splurged one day and had massages at the hotel - for me, it was the best massage of the trip. I highly recommend Raul!
All in all, I thought this was a great vacation for our family, we felt very welcome and were well taken care of by everyone at the Westin.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the charm of a vibrant Mexican city from accommodations at The Westin Resort & Spa, Puerto Vallarta. Our beachside resort in Puerto Vallarta sits just 15 minutes from downtown, where you'll find quaint cobblestone streets, lively shops, excellent dining, and a pulsating nightlife. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Westin Resort & Spa, Puerto Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Resort And Spa Puerto Vallarta
- Westin Resort & Spa Puerto Vallarta Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Westin Puerto Vallarta
- Westin Regina Puerto Vallarta
- Puerto Vallarta Westin
- Westin Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Westin Resort Puerto Vallarta