I stayed at the CasaMagna Marriott in Puerto Vallarta. I haven't been there in 25 years, the city has grown by leaps and bounds since I last stayed there. I was grateful to get away from the cold we had in Tennessee, weather here was perfection, every single day with a warm breeze all the time.
Hotel had my room keys to me as soon as I drove up in our taxi from the airport which is only about 2 miles from there, they brought us straight to the room from the car,,,,,NO checkin required for us as we are Elite members. WORD of WARNING, do not fall for the taxis at the airport that everyone is trying to push you to use when you get your bags, they will charge you 20 bucks to go to this hotel, the real city cabs are out the door and to the left and will be yellow and usually Toyota Carollas, fare is only $6, or 80 pesos. Negotiate the price before you get in.
Hotel was clean, well managed, spa was beautiful and the employees there are always ready to help you with a smile. Our room faced the ocean, as does every room in the hotel, so there is no need to get an "oceanfront" room as all the balconies are angled to the ocean wherever you are. We had breakfast included in the price of our room each morning and the buffet at this hotel is truely amazing, any and everything you could want. Staff at the El Patio restaurant as well as the food was wonderful. The only problem we had was with the Champions restaurant, nobody would ever acknowledge that we were there or seat us and there were only 2 other parties in the restaurant. Atmosphere not that great there, so we left and went to the Japanese restaurant there and it was OK, food not as good as I would have hoped based on my experience with these hibachi restarants at home.,,,,otherwise everything else was perfection. Pillows at this hotel if you need featherless bedding are horrible. Marriott you need Latex foam pillows, not pillows stuffed with foam pieces,,,,,highly uncomfortable.
Hotel is within walking distance of more then we realized until the last day there. I would recommend you go to town first thing to get more acquianted with the city, there are alot of restuarants and places to shop. Try going to the marina and go to Baschas for some good quac mixed fresh from the avacado right at your table, margaritas are to die for, there is a Mall on the other side of the marnia that we didn't know about until the last night we were there. Thank you all for a wonderful stay Marriott.
Date Stayed: February 2014
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Condé Nast Traveler named Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa one of the top 10 Pacific Riviera hotels. Experience gorgeously appointed accommodations here at our hotel in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico offering relaxed and family-friendly luxury in the Marina Vallarta near top shopping, entertainment, golf and beaches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Marriott, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casamagna Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Casamagna Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort And Spa
- Marriott Puerto Vallarta
- Puerto Vallarta Marriott