“Great Service”

Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa
Ranked #9 of 123 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Celebrated our 1st wedding anniversary. Elizabeth Magallon really helped us to enjoy our stay. She found out it was our anniversary and prevented us from going on a high pressure time share presentation. She had the concierge Stephanie send a nice surprise to our room. Julio the manager gave us very personalized service on dinner arrangements. The customer service was top of the line. They were all very helpful and worked together to ensure our stay was great. Elizabeth went above and beyond to create an atmosphere of joy and delight during our stay. Audrey in the Champion Sport Resturant was very attentive and sent a anniversary desert.

Our entire stay was very enjoyable and the staff provided excellent customer service. I would recommend it to anyone for a nice vacation.

Room Tip: Most rooms seemed to have a good view of the Ocean and swim pool. I wouldn't recommend to pay ex...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
MarriottCasaMagnaPVR, General Manager at Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear Frank,

I was thrilled to know you were spending a few days with us celebrating such a special occasion.

We are always very happy to celebrate with our guests as it makes us feel part of their families, as we believe you are part of ours.

I will gladly share your comment with the staff, especially with the members you kindly mentioned, to let them know your gratitude for their attentions during your time here.

We hope to host you once more and keep celebrating with you special moments.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

This was our second stay at the Casa Magna. Only minutes from the airport and worlds away from the hustle and bustle of our everyday life. On some levels it was improved, especially the overall property maintenance and the beautiful gardens. On some levels it gratefully stayed the same: friendly attentive staff, clean rooms, good exercise room & Spa and a great breakfast buffet. The hanging out by the beach is great and really why we came.

The staff at the resort are all first class, however we met two folks who were outstanding. Thank you Grace at the front desk for your persistence in finding us the ocean front view. Also kudos to Oscar in the breakfast room for your great friendly service with a smile.

We took the local Marina Vallarta bus into Puerto Vallarta a few nights for walking, shopping, and dining. The bus will stop at the end of the driveway into the resort. There are also shops, services and restaurants at the nearby Marina which is only a short walk.

The resort bar has good live music on the weekends and during this stay there were some group functions on the plaza by the pool with live entertainment.
I only rated the resort a four for some arbitrary reasons, some in Marriott's control and some not: The internet worked well, however on check out day our access was denied which was a problem that didn't get resolved. So if you need to communicate with the outside world or check on your flights prior to your departure, I would recommend getting that done the night before you leave. The high rise condos that have gone up to the south of the property block the view towards town and subsequently block the nightly fireworks display shot off from the pirate ship. All that said, we will be back to roast our winter skin and enjoy the great hospitality of the Casa Magna.

Room Tip: We like the upper rooms in the main building. The elevators are across from the front desk. Logist...

Dear Jay,

I want to thank you for taking the time to let us know how your vacation was, which I am happy to hear was such a great experience.

Thank you as well for your kind mention of our staff members Grace and Oscar, I will make sure to pass your message to them and let them know what an awesome job they are doing.

I will be looking forward to hear you are coming back for your third visit to our hotel.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed here just one night while our villa was rental was being prepped. The location, being a very short walking distance from the marina, was great. The rooms at the resort are spacious, typical of Marriott. Even the garden view rooms provided a nice gaze out of the sliding glass doors. The grounds were photo-shoot worthy- well manicured lawns with statues. The exercise room was well equipped. I was unaware that there was an all inclusive option available- but If was to stay for 3 nights or more it would be a definite must. Even with out it, we were well fed, and not over priced. In fact, I was surprised by the modest pricing.

This is an excellent spot for a corporate group, or a large family, or a traveler that wants peaceful luxury, but will seek entertainment of premises.

Dear Derrick,

I was very happy reading through your review and knowing that even you only had the opportunity to spend one night with us; you had such a great time.

Thank you for your kind recommendation and we hope as well to see you back soon to spend more days with us.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Our stay here for was just one night as we had to fly into PVR earlier than planned. This hotel is conveniently close to the airport and the marina is a short taxi ride away.

The check-in was quick and we were welcomed as Marriott Rewards members.

The bar consisted of a good variety of "top shelf" brands.

The maintenance of the common areas was beautiful. We even saw touch ups being completed during our short stay.

The room was a lot larger than your standard Marriott room in the US or Canada.

The food in the restaurant and room service were definitely up to Marriott standards and was comparable in cost to the prices at home in the hotel.

This is a great choice for families used to the Marriott brand but would love to be by the beach.

The only thing that made me uncomfortable was the family in the pool wearing their underwear. They may have been on a day pass. Not 100%. Other than that, I would recommend this location for those not looking for the all-inclusive experience.

Room Tip: The garden rooms are a great choice is you like the privacy on your balcony.

Dear Shalene,

I appreciate you have shared your observations regarding your vacation at our hotel. I am happy to hear that you truly enjoyed our facilities, service and food.

I will be glad to know that you are returning for a longer stay at our hotel, where we will be more than pleased to receive you again.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I was traveling with a group of nine friends and family (all within the ages of 27-32), and we were staying in a private house in El Centro (the beautiful Casa de la Torres), but we were all eager for a spa day after days of zip lining, beach fun, and (lots of) drinking. I had visited the Ohtli Spa the year before with my boyfriend for a couples massage, and the experience was fantastic and the spa itself is incredible, so I reached out to the spa director, Paty Quintana, about what could be done for a group our size.

Everything, apparently. We did go in May, which is a bit off-season, but they did everything but roll out a red carpet for us. Paty helped us buy (discounted, I believe) day passes to the resort so we could all lounge poolside before our treatments (they reserved a spot for all of us that overlooked the beach); the food and drinks were great. About a half hour before our treatments, we went to the spa itself, which is sex segregated (i.e., who needs clothes?). The spa lounge area--an hour service grants you all-day access--is remarkable. And big. Several showers, a steam room, a dry sauna, three small pools (cold, hot, and jacuzzi), and a lounge area with water, snacks, and tea await you. The four other guys I was with were the only people there (probably not as popular among men), and we made sure to try absolutely every part of this. Staff is always available but the experience is still very private-seeming. I got a massage, which was just as good as I remembered, but others received facials and pedicures and raved about those, as well. But the lounge amenities may be the best part. Because this is a resort, the price is a bit more expensive than all the smaller spas you'd find throughout downtown PV, but the overall experience is definitely worth it.

Really, though, any opportunity you have to work with Paty you should take--she couldn't have made our day any more relaxing or special, and only had about two days advanced notice (though I would try to give her more time if you're going in the busy season). Such a wonderful experience--can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Danny M

Dear Danny,

Thank you for telling us about your experience at our Ohtli Spa; it is great to hear that you and your friends enjoyed a day to simply relax and pamper yourselves, while enjoying our wellness areas with whirlpool, sauna, steam room and showers.

I would love to hear you are coming back to our Spa, but I would love even more to have the opportunity of receiving you as our guests.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

During recent trip in May, my wife became ill with the flu. Since I previously had the flu I knew the meds she needed. I contacted the conierge and she contacted the house doctor and i got the medicine.

Room Tip: I upgraded to the pool view and it is worth the money. Great view of the shore line, water and the...

Dear Ron,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your ratings about your stay with us. I am sorry to hear that your wife had the flu during your vacation and I am glad to know that our Concierge helped you with the medicines.

I hope the rest of your trip was great and to hear you will be coming back.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I expected glitches considering we were visiting at the height of the Spring season. The only glitch we had was the obnoxious American at the lobby bar! Our room was cleaned everyday with turn down service. We had a beautiful view of the ocean. The breeze in the afternoon came up and kept us cool while we sipped a local drink. We ate in each restaurant except the Japanese Steak house. The food was excellent. Breakfast was the best too. There were several ponds near the lobby area that seemed to be undergoing repainting but other than wondering where the turtles went, I wasn't bothered.
Check in was prepared for us and got us upstairs quickly. We were on the beach in no time. Yes, it's Puerto Vallarta so you do have to put up with the hawkers but a simple no does the trick. There really are very "bargains" to be found in the area at this time of year, so I chose to do my shopping in town along the boardwalk.
The pool area was excellent! I had expressed concern to the manager about previous Trip Advisor complaints involving "saving chairs." The manager assured me it was not a problem. Yes, it was a problem. I finally got to the point that I sat wherever I wanted and just moved their towels. No one said a word to us.
My experience with the resort and with Puerto Vallarta in general was that the local people work very hard. They take pride in their jobs. They seem to know that money from tourists is critical to their welfare. And you should hear the locals gabbing when TWO Princess ships pull into port!
Put aside some extra money and treat yourself to a day at the Ohtli Spa. Beautiful. Full menu. Expensive. Peaceful. Worth every penny.
My hat is off to the entire staff of the Casa Magna for a wonderful stay. Thank you. We will be back. My husband has promised me that. And it was his first trip to Mexico with lots of trepidation! Not any longer. He loved it! Now, if there was just something that we could do about obnoxious American tourists who drink too much and get way to mouthy.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a view!
2  Thank JulesfromIowa

Dear Jules,

I want to express my gratitude to you for sharing us your comments about your latest stay at our property.

It is great to know that your husband’s first trip to Mexico went so well and that he had loved it.

Thank you as well for your kind comments about our staff; I agree with you, they work very hard every day, showing passion for what they do and always making sure that our guests are having the best time.

We hope to hear about your next trip very soon.