“La Estancia buffett”

Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa
Ranked #9 of 122 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Although the buffet isn't filled with the variety of foods one would normally find at a buffet, it is still pretty good. The thing that makes this restaurant stand out from the rest is the service. Each morning, my husband and I had breakfast at La Estancia and were waited on by Reyna Radilla. She is by far, the best waitress we have ever encountered. She makes you feel welcomed in the same way your mom or grandma would if they hadn't seen you in a while. She remembered what we ordered each day and we never had to ask for anything. Reyna Radilla is great at what she does. We look forward to coming back to this hotel just to see her again.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank MelissaPadgett
MarriottCasaMagnaPVR, General Manager at Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Dear Melissa,

I appreciate you had let us know your comments about the Breakfast Buffet at La Estancia; we love that our guests take the time to come and enjoy this breakfast.

I will be more than happy to share your comments with Reyna; we are very happy to have her on board and we are very proud of her for the great service she provides while always making our guests feel so welcome.

We are as well looking forward to your next visit, which we hope comes very soon.

Demetrio Maduro

Write a ReviewReviews (3,395)

Reviewed 13 June 2014

The CasaMagna Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort and Spa was a lovely, clean and friendly spot. The service was incredible and the rooms were very clean. The food was out of this world. This is one of my new favourites in Mexico. Also I can't say enough about Puerto Vallarta. It was a surprise and a treat!

My full review is on my family travel blog.

Room Tip: Ocean View rooms are worth it and such a stunning view. The higher the better.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank paula s

Dear Paula,

Thank you so much for your kind review on TripAdvisor as well for your post in your blog, I have read both and I have to say I truly enjoyed reading about you and your daughter’s vacation with us.

It makes me very happy to know that you had the chance to try almost all of our restaurants and that you liked the food, service and facilities we have to offer.

We will be waiting for your next visit, for which we hope you can take a visit to our Ohtli Spa and relax with one of our special treatments, we would also love that you could come during Turtle Release season for your daughter to experience the feeling of helping a baby turtle to start its long way into the sea.

I will be looking forward to being your host again.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

I have never been treated so well at any Marriott. The staff at any Marriott resort are great but I never felt the management gave a rip if I was a returning customer or not until this resort. Housekeeping, restaurant, bar, concierge, management, and all, are very accommodating, friendly and caring. The rooms are great, food is good (although I wish they had more traditional Mexican choices and less fish at dinner) and the water is 100% safe to drink. No problem in the four times we've stayed. I can't wait to go back again!

Room Tip: Facing the pool or ocean are of course the best but any room is good because the resort as a whole i...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Donna,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share such kind words with us regarding your stay; I am very pleased to know that our staff made this great impression on you, I am indeed very proud of the service they provide and the passion they show when attending our guests.

We very much love to see loyal guests like you coming back and we hope to have you here many more times.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Great rooms, friendly service from all staff. When we arrived there was a leak from the sprinkler. I called the concierge and we were upgraded to an once an view room within 5 minutes. Just wished pool would be open later than 9pm.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Nicole,

Thank you for letting us know your comments about your vacation with us.

I am sincerely happy to know that you found the service from our staff really friendly, we are proud of the great job they do.

I would love to see you back very soon.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

We loved spending our week here, though a little out of the town, it is so easy to catch the local bus into Puerto Vallarta. The rooms are excellent big and plenty of room, we were on the 7th floor overlooking the Bay of Banderas - it is close to the Marina and all the restaurants there -
can highly recommend this hotel. Staff friendly and helpful both at the front desk and round the pool area.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear guest,

Thank you for your recommendation on TripAdvisor.

I am happy to know that you spend a very nice week in Puerto Vallarta and that you also visited the downtown area, as you right mentioned we have a great location in the Marina area, 5 minutes from the Airport and just 15 minutes from downtown.

I will be looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

Just came back last week after staying 6 nights at Casa Magna with my wife and 3 children (10, 8, and 5.) When we arrived we took the upgrade that was offered and thoroughly enjoyed our 6th floor room overlooking beautiful Bay of Banderas. We ate breakfast most days at La Estancia (mostly buffet) One of my children has a dairy and peanut allergy which all restaurants at Casa Magna were able to accommodate without any problem. We enjoyed the Japanese restaurant Mikado. We ate a couple times at Las Casitas and thoroughly enjoyed that as well. Good burgers and wings at Champs. The pool is quite large and we spent a lot of time there making friends with Victor and Raul keeping us well fed and watered! All of the staff at Casa Magna were friendly and eager to please. I would recommend this place to anyone staying in PV. Can it use some upgrades? Yes, as has been noted in other reviews. But, overall I was happy with the price compared to value.

Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Vacation5-11
MarriottCasaMagnaPVR, Director General at Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Dear guest,

I was very happy reading about the wonderful vacation you and your family had in our resort.

I really appreciate your kind comments about the service provided by our staff and I will make sure to give your message to Victor and Raul for the wonderful time taking care of you by the pool.

The staff and I will be truly pleased to know you are coming back.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

This hotel is in a great location. Close to the marina, great food, and a short taxi drive to downtown. The pool was beautiful and was basically on the beach. We rented a cabana each day and it was well worth the cost of 350 pesos per day. My sister in law had her 1 year old and it was a great place for her to be able to take a nap as well as the rest of us too!
We ate at all 4 restaurants and were pleased with the quality at each of them. The one by the ocean was a great first impression and a wonderful view.
We did have a few issues but feel the staff responded promptly and made acceptable accommodations.

My only reason for not giving this hotel 5 stars is because the beds, although very comfortable, are just too small. I think all hotels should move up to a minimum of a queen in the rooms. I realize this would be difficult however I would have much rather had less room to be able to move in the bed. This is no fault of the hotel since when I purchased I knew it was 2 doubles, I just had forgotten how small they really are!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank tsjrivas
MarriottCasaMagnaPVR, General Manager at Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for your kind comment about your family vacation in our hotel, I am glad to know that all of you enjoyed a very relaxing and happy time with us.

I am pleased to see that you tried all of our restaurants and that Las Casitas was your favorite, we agree with you regarding the view of this place, it is absolutely amazing to see the sunset while enjoying a delicious dinner.

I hope to hear back from you very soon and to receive you again as our guests.