“hospitality of the people of Mexico”

Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa
Ranked #8 of 124 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
San Diego, California
“hospitality of the people of Mexico”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Great hotel and a wonderful staff Alan Mendieta front desk, Elizabeth ,Audry, and Santiago and other staff members made our trip more comfortable and enjoyable anything we asked for they were there for us . my family felt safe and had lots of fun in puerto vallarta it an amazing trip and made possible by all the people of that town and the great hospitality of the hotel staff my family and I thank you and may god bless you.

Room Tip: all rooms are great and have a great air condition
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
MarriottCasaMagnaPVR, General Manager at Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Dear Mark,

I am very pleased to hear that you had such an amazing time while vacationing with us; it makes me happier to know that part of this great time was the help of our staff, who always take such a good care of our guests.

I will be looking forward to your next visit.

Demetrio Maduro

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (746)
Hillsboro, Oregon
Reviewed 13 July 2014

This was our first vacation to Mexico and we were a little concerned about the safety around the area. This was not a problem - people there could not be any nicer. Everything was clean and reasonably priced. The beach was beautiful and clean and even though there were lots of merchants walking on the beach, they never came into the property and didn't hound anyone. The hotel staff was extremely nice and accommodating. We had a problem with our first room which had too much bug spray or paint smell - we were moved to another room. I would recommend this property to anyone considering an inexpensive, comfortable stay.

Room Tip: Only stayed at 2 rooms and the were exactly the same
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
MarriottCasaMagnaPVR, General Manager at Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear guest,

I am happy to read that your first vacation in Mexico was such an enjoyable one and that you found our staff to be so friendly and helpful, as well as you enjoyed our facilities.

I hope to know you will be coming back for many more visits to Puerto Vallarta and I would love to be your host again.

San Francisco, California
Reviewed 11 July 2014

My boyfriend and I really enjoyed my stay at CasaMagna! We opted for the "Ocean View" hotel room and it was well worth it! The room was spacious and always very clean. The entire staff works so hard, and really aim to make your stay perfect. We really appreciated all the amenities the hotel had, but especially enjoyed laying out by the huge pool! We ate breakfast at the hotel every morning and it was very good. We went downtown a few times during our stay, and it was only about 10 minutes away. We also utilized the marina for shops and restaurants which is in walking distance. I would definitely return the the CasaMagna in Puerto Vallarta.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
MarriottCasaMagnaPVR, Director General at Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Dear Mallory,

Thank you for sharing your opinion regarding your stay at our hotel.

It is truly pleasant to hear about the great time that you and your boyfriend had in Puerto Vallarta, enjoying our facilities and letting yourselves being pampered by our staff that as you correctly appointed work really hard to make sure you are having an awesome stay.

I hope to hear you will be coming back very soon and for your next visit I want to recommend you to try our romantic private dinner for you and your boyfriend to spend a lovely night, under a star-filled sky, personalize attention and having delicious food.

San Francisco
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

Amazingly low rate of $104/night but you'll spend the money in food and drink!

Pros:
Friendly and available staff
Big pool with waterfall, in-pool bar, volleyball, poolside service
Daily water aerobics with fun instructors
Updated rooms with housekeeping 2-3x/day

Cons:
Brown ocean water!
Breakfast buffet is $27/person
20-min bus ride or 10-min taxi from downtown (ie authentic food)
4 hotel restaurants with meals ranging from $12-30/meal, $4 beer and $10 wine
Pool is dirty (old tiles, bugs, ...)

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Rachel M
Dear Rachel,

Thank you so much for sharing with us your opinion regarding your vacation at our property.

I am happy to know that you found our staff to be really friendly and helpful, we are very proud of their daily job; it is also great that you had the opportunity to participate with us in our daily aquaerobics class and I hope you also had the chance to enjoy the other fun activities we have for you like the Salsa Dance lessons, Spanish lessons, horseshoes game and many other options.

I am sorry to hear that you did not found the sea at its better condition; however this occurs only during rainy season in which the rain comes down the Sierra Madre Mountains through the river, mixing the freshwater with the salt water causing this color, while at the same time helps the amazing biodiversity that makes of Puerto Vallarta such a unique Mexican destination.

I hope to see you back very soon.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 8 July 2014

This was our second visit to the Marriott CasaMagna. It had been about six years since our last visit, but the resort did not disappoint. The staff was just as we remembered, friendly, courteous, and going out of their way to make sure we enjoyed our stay. It rained a little each day or night since this is the rainy season, but not enough to interfere with enjoying the beach or the pool. We did miss out on a sunset cruise due to the weather, but saw an awesome sunset several evenings during our stay. The Ohtli Spa was awesome. Try the 80 minute Fire Opal Hot stone massage. It was fantastic. Now I must mention the wait staff at Las Casitas. Victor, Carlos, and Mauricio just to name a few treated us like royalty. Mikado Restaurant was also wonderful; the Lobster Tepanyaki was to die for. The room was a little snug, but very clean and there were fresh towels sometimes twice a day. It was definitely the relaxation vacation we were hoping for. Thanks Marriott staff. We appreciate you all.

Room Tip: Ocean View is best. Unless you can afford Ocean Front
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Joyce H
Dear Joyce,

Thank you for such a kind message expressing your gratitude to our staff for the relaxing vacation that you had and were waiting for.

I am very pleased to know that you enjoyed our service and facilities, as well that you had the opportunity to visit Ohtli Spa and Mikado restaurant, for which I hope you enjoyed the Teppanyaki show as much as you enjoyed the food; the chefs there rehearse a lot to master the ability of doing the ritual with the spatulas and specially to be able to break an egg in the air, is something really amuse to watch.

I will look forward for your third visit, hoping it comes very soon.

Dumfries, Virginia, United States
Reviewed 5 July 2014

To be very honest, I'm a Ritz Carlton kind of girl. I do like a Marriott, but I would choose a Ritz Carlton first. However, this Marriott and the service provided made me forget all about the Ritz. The hotel was extremely clean in ALL areas to include my room, the restaurants, and the public restrooms. I dined at La Estancia for breakfast and the food was amazing. My only complaint at La Estancia is not at the fault of the hotel or the hotel staff, it's a complaint of parents who allow their children to freely roam buffets and put their fingers in food. Or worse, adults who do the same. Seriously? But I digress. I had dinner at both Las Casitas and Mikado. I enjoyed both, although I enjoyed Las Casitas more. The rib eye at Las Casitas was on par with a Ruth's Chris or Capital Grille. I was pleasantly surprised. I was also pleasantly surprised that all of the staff (even some of the housekeepers) spoke English.

The Ohtli Spa was awesome. Great option of services and great customer service overall. Prices were decent as well.

My issue was not at all with the hotel, it was with the beach and the weather. So apparently I picked the rainy season to visit PV. Completely my fault. I was told the rainy season extends until September. It rained every day. Every. Day. The beach water in front of the Marriott was literally brown, brown like Virginia Beach brown. I was not impressed. It didn't look anything like the pictures I had seen when doing research of PV. Also the people selling items on the beach get to be a little much. You are literally saying "No thank you" every 10 minutes. I get it, but it affects the relaxation factor.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank Bridget D
MarriottCasaMagnaPVR, Director General at Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Dear Bridget,

I am sincerely pleased to know that you found our service and hotel beyond the expectations that you had and to know that we were able to help you have a wonderful vacation in Puerto Vallarta. I will make sure to complement the staff for the excellent service they provided.

I am sorry to hear that during your time here you did not have the best weather as it was rainy season like you correctly appointed; however I truly hope that you had the opportunity to be amazed by the beautiful green color that the Sierra Madre Mountains have due to the rain and that give to Puerto Vallarta a unique landscape.

I would love to know that you will be coming back to our property very soon, the staff and I will be happy to host you once more.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Situated just south of the airport this location is perfect to enjoy the entire area from Punta Mita to the boardwalk downtown. Hotel is a little older but well maintained. We had the Ambassador suite and if the views get any better I would be amazed.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Dear guest,

Thank you for the kind recommendation you are given for our hotel through TripAdvisor; it pleases me a lot to know that you truly enjoyed your stay while visiting Punta Mita and Downtown area.

It is great that you had stayed in our Ambassador suite, this is one of the favorite suites of our guests for the private terrace with Jacuzzi, a perfect place to watch one of Puerto Vallarta’s beautiful sunsets.

I look forward to hearing about you coming back.