“SUPERBE service...it deserves a "good" but not "very good" because of some minor but important details”

Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa
Ranked #9 of 123 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Reviewed 27 August 2014

Visited and stayed there for 3 days.
The room was nice, and all worked fine. I only wish they cleaned the AC better since it was covered with some rust and mold....of course having alergies that is definetly not a good situation.
On the down side, something very important for a succesfull meeting is communication, an apparently the Marriot team lacks of that, as well as promp reply to any situation.

Although I had no time to jumo into the pool, it looked very nice and big (being a swimmer having a nice big pool is always nice)
The meeting areas, such as buissines center and convention roomas are spacious and can accomodate diferent numbers of guests. The attention of personel was always great, friendly,smiley and generous.
The food is good and the beverages are well prepared.

Congrats to the patissier/chocolatier...all the deserts were FABULOUS! I'm happy to have left otherwise I would just have to roll out if the building....I just could not have enough of those wonderful treats!

Everybody from the Marriot staff was always eager to help and doing so with broad sincere smile on their face.
I remember a few of their names: Elsa from groups and conventions, Claudia and Hugo for group services, Marlene chambermaid , Armando (wonderful waiter at La Estancia), Carlos security and group service,Marina and Juan from reception...all the staff from the buissines center and bellboys!!! THANK YOU for your smiles

Room Tip: Ask for a Pool view....it is great!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank thalia91
MarriottCasaMagnaPVR, General Manager at Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2014

Dear Thalia,

I want to thank you for sharing your comments with us as they help us learn what aspects we need to improve.

Regarding your comments about the room and your experiences with meetings team, I want to inform you that I have already discuss these with the Manager in charge of each area and they will make sure to take the needed measures to avoid these from happening again.

I am very happy that you enjoyed the sweet work of our Pastry Chef, I agree with you it is hard to say no to any of his desserts, you can really taste the passion and love that he adds whenever he cooks.

I also appreciate your kind congratulation words to each member that you mentioned, I will be more than pleased to pass your message to them recognizing their excellent service, we are so proud of this amazing tem.

I hope we get to see you back very soon.

There are newer reviews for Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa

Reviewed 24 August 2014

We stayed in this hotel for 10 days, the hotel is in great location and family friendly, close to the marina and very accessible to public transportation. The service was excellent , all workers went above and beyond of their way to make sure that our stay was relaxing, Alina did a great job in cleaning our room all the time, excellent food, Reina at the buffet was always attentive to our needs and always serving with a smile, Luis in the pool was very committed to the guesses and went out of his way to make sure our staying was as enjoyable as possible, Arturo from champion performed outstanding service; the views from our hotel room were breath-taking. Overall this was a great experience and would recommend to anyone looking for a vacation of fun and tranquility.

Room Tip: Lower level rooms such as 4th floor get free Wi Fi but going up like 9th floor free Wi fi not availa...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Irma329
MarriottCasaMagnaPVR, General Manager at Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Dear Irma,

I can only say thank you for giving us such kind comments about the experience you had while staying with us.

I am always happy to hear that our guests are having the best time and it is even better when I know that main part of this is the service provided by our staff; they are truly committed with our main objective of making sure each one of our guests have the best time and go home totally relaxed.

Please be sure I will extend your congratulations to each one of the members mentioned by you.

The staff and I will be looking forward to seeing you back very soon.

Reviewed 23 August 2014

I first stayed at this hotel 2 years ago and I loved it, so naturally decided to come back again when vacation time rolled around. When we arrived we saw many familar faces and we were extremely surprised that our favorite associates from our last stay actually remembered us this time. They greeted us, names and all, which really blew us away! Victor by the pool waited on us a few times during our last stay and when he saw us this time he was just as friendly and amazing as we remembered. He has such speedy and impeccable service that he was always our favorite by the pool. Each day he would greet us by name and we always tried to sit in his section. Another associate we ecountered this time was Raul. He was equally as amazing. Each time he saw us he would go out of his way to say hello and called us by name. Really awesome service.

Our room was really lovely and had an amazing view. Housekeeping always went above and beyond for us and that really made all the difference. I felt like everytime I would go back to the room, they had been there, either straightening up, replenshing towels, or giving us turndown service; which we didn't know was coming the first night and we were most pleasantly surprised; especially since they were very consistent with the turndown service. The lady who cleaned our room was very friendly even though I only saw her a few times.

We love all of the restaurants on property and having the all inclusive package was great to try and enjoy all of the restaurants. The breakfast at La Estancia was impeccable. Anything that I could have possibly wanted for breakfast was right there and not only that, but they cook it right there for you too. Chilaquiles are my favorite! I loved it and the wait staff was always friendly and always had coffee in hand. The ceviche and the shrimp cocktail at Las Casitas was probably the best that I have had. After having one order of ceviche at dinner, we loved it so much we ordered another. Most likely our favorite restaurant by far, which we always ended up at, is Champions. The food is good, the wings are amazing!! The beer is cold and I love the Corona on tap. What makes Champions our favorite, however, was definitely the workers in there. Hector, Alfredo, and Miguel were always amazing! They remembered us everynight and always asked about our day, what activities we did, where we from and always making conversation with us.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone and we plan to go back the next time we have vacation. If you choose this hotel, just prepare yourself for amazing service, sometimes it can blow you away if you're not used to it, lol. The staff is really what makes this hotel the 5 star place that is.

2  Thank Allison M
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Beautiful setting, great food and drinks, and lovely people! Everyone who worked at the hotel was very friendly and helpful. We went during an off season so the room rates were very reasonable and though it was hot and humid, we enjoyed the early morning ocean walks and afternoons by the pool. Fun to see thunderstorms since we're coming from the drought of CA.
Fernando in the bar, Edgar in Las Casitas, and Elizabeth in services gave us great service and info tips. Good restaurants and comfortable beds! Enjoyed going to downtown PV and eating at picturesque River Cafe, very good!

1  Thank Kelly8124

Dear Kelly,

I sincerely thank you for letting us know your opinion about your stay with us, which I can read it was very enjoyable and relaxing.

It is also great to read that you got the chance to visit the Downtown area of Puerto Vallarta, this is one of the sightseeing you should not miss and it is located only 15 minutes away from the hotel.

Thank you as well for your kind words towards Fernando, Edgar and Elizabeth, they will be excited to know that their job was outstanding, we are so proud to have such an incredible team.

I will be looking forward to seeing you back very soon for another great vacation.

Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

The ocean was little brown related to the river washing into the ocean. The pool and ocean where around the same temperature mid 80 degree but high humidity. The staff was great and alert to our request. The turtle release to sea was memorizing. Easy taxi drive to the boardwalk around $10 each way. The food little price on the resort but the marina near by the food was really cheap compared to. Overall great experience.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank David o L

Dear David,

I appreciate you sharing your review with us; I am glad you had an excellent time in our hotel, enjoying the facilities, the food and the amazing service from our staff.

It is also great that you were able to join us for the turtle release program, we are certain this is a lifetime memory and we always love to see our guests participating on it.

I will be looking forward to a future visit.

Reviewed 22 August 2014

Such a Beautiful hotel, the pool and swim up bar is speechless! All workers are out going and always on the run to satisfy us on our food & drinks, especially Luis the waiter outside serving drinks, EXCELLENT service throughout the hotel! You get what you pay for & this is a Typical, 4 star hotel with the BEST quality! Enjoyed every bit of this vacation with the family! Thank you Marriott Familia, Overall best hotel in Vallarta!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Dear guest,

I want to let you know that I truly appreciate your kind words regarding your visit to our hotel; it is always a delight to know that our guests are having so much fun and that our team members are doing a great job taking the best care of you.

I would love to see you coming back very soon to your home away from home.

Reviewed 21 August 2014

Excellent stay and Francisco led the way amazing service. Every amenity we needed. The pool is wonderful and decadent with a great swim-up bar. Food is spectacular and there is no need to leave the property to get a great meal. Ohtli Spa is not to be missed.

Room Tip: Bay and Swimming pool view was magnificent.

Dear Ted,

I am very pleased to know about the great stay you had while vacationing with us. I will be more than happy to congratulate Francisco for his great service.

It is also great to know that you had the opportunity to spend some time relaxing at Ohtli Spa, which has been awarded as one of the best Spas is Puerto Vallarta, I hope you had enjoyed our special treatments and our wellness areas with sauna, steam room, hot and cold plunges and Jacuzzi.

I hope to hear you are returning very soon.