All reviewsrooftop poolromantic zoneliving roombig balconyplace to staypenthousechristiancondomicrowavepvtubsvallartaprivacyaccommodationsocean
Reviewed 25 September 2010

I stayed at Andales on the Bay in the Romantic Zone area of Puerto Vallarta, for 6 glorious nights.........and all I can say is........WOW!

The hotel/condo is located on Olas Altas Street which is the epicenter of the Romantic Zone area, complete with bars, restaurants and shopping. I found it to be the absolute most convenient location compared to any of the other areas I have stayed in PV. It is possible to walk everywhere, however there are always taxis present and the bus lines run within a few blocks. Oh, and the beach is a very short two blocks away!

The condos are huge! Very well designed and roomy.....nice to be able to stretch out and not feel cramped in any way. I stayed in a one bedroom, 2 bath unit that was so lovely. Very pretty, and conveniently furnished with everything you would ever need. The beds are very comfortable and I found the entire bedroom charming and well appointed.... the condo was quiet, for a great nights sleep, which doesn't always happen in Mexico!

The pool area, with a drop dead view of the bay, was perfect! I especially loved swimming at night. The entire staff was well informed, friendly and beyond helpful with recommendations for dining, sightseeing and transportation needs....

I would highly recommend this hotel/condo to anyone......and I am looking forward to my next visit to Puerto Vallarta with a stay at Andales on the Bay.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo
5  Thank mickey052
Reviewed 10 September 2010

I arrived to Andales on the Bay on Monday morning and stayed there till Friday afternoon. I was shocked to see how big the one bedroom condo was and it had everything I needed. The condo is fully furnished with a kitchen, living room, and two full bathrooms! I enjoyed the very spacious bedroom (comfortable beds by the way). I think that one fits 4 people comfortably because the living room sofa turns into a bed. There was also a lot of storage space to store clothes, goods, etc. The showers were very wide and spacious as well. I cannot say anything bad about the condo and location. Near by all the good restaurants, clubs, bars, etc.

I also utilized the balcony space that faced the street and I went to the rooftop to check out the AMAZING VIEW! You can see all the mountains and the town. Beach view is also visible from the very top. The pool was refreshing and there was even a grill outside to use for bbq-ing. I also took a peek inside the PENTHOUSE CONDOS and they are even more amazing and can accommodate a bigger group. Each bedroom had a jacuzzi and a lot of space for storage.

The owner, Gary, is an amazing guy and made my stay as comfortable as possible. Great guy!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo
5  Thank omarvilla1639
Reviewed 3 August 2010

Gary, the owner of penthouse 7 and 8 made sure that we had an enjoyable stay even though we were only there for three nights. We stayed in PH #7 and it was very big, nicely furnished and had all of the amenities you could ask for. It is located in Old Town so there are many good restaurants close by and one oif the best is La Palapa just a short walk down to the beach. The only drawback is the master bedroom is on the street side and it can be a little loud. I always travel with ear plugs so no big deal. You have a special key for the elevator that takes you directly to the PH and no one else has access except the staff. It is very safe and you will enjoy the luxury of staying at Andales On The Bay.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank wileyman27
Reviewed 27 July 2010

My family of eight adults and four kids recently rented the two three bedroom units at Andales (units 7 and 8). Both were identical 3 br/4bath with full kitchen, dining room and family room and two balconies each. We were pleasantly surprised not only by the size of each unit, but by the quality of the furnishings and fixtures throughout.

The units were huge...each bedroom was it's own suite with a large sleeping area, high end bathroom with jacuzzi tub and shower and walk in closets that were big enough for a family.

The kitchens had high end appliances, were completely outfitted with everything your could ask for and even had a separate walk-in pantry.

Wireless internet (even at the pool), flat screens, DVD/CD and separate AC units in each room.

The maid service was OUTSTANDING.

The roof top pool is fabulous with granite topped pallapa bar and 360 degree views of the bay and mountains.

The location could not be better......out of the touristy Malecon area, but with restaurants, shops, and convenience stores in abundance. Only a ten minute walk to the town center. The beach is a half a block away with dozens of resaurants and beach chair side service.

We found the prices locally to be great and much lower than in the city center.

This is a four/five star experience, much better than what we expected in Mexico which shows that the owner has great taste and is not afraid to spend the extra money to make his guests comfortable.

We would definately go back. This is one place where what was delivered was MORE than what was promised.

They have large one bedroom units as well.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank sackirby
Reviewed 22 March 2010

I stayed in the penthouse suite with a buddy on the 4th floor (5th floor is roof top bar and pool). It was amazing! Three full bedrooms with jacuzzi baths, full showers, king size beds and beautiful marble floors! My room faced the ocean and had huge windows with a great view and balcony!

It's my second time at Andales on the Bay, but first time in the penthouse! Normal rooms and super great but penthouse is AMAZING!

The housekeeping ladies were super sweet and did a phenomenal job! I was drying a pair of jeans on the balcony chair one day and I noticed that they had turned them over while I was out so they would dry faster :) Hard to get that level of service even in America or Europe!

The owner/manager, Gary, is super cool and will be your best tour guide to Puerto Vallarta. He hooked us up with some sweet deals and really told when and where to go to have a good time!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends