Barcelo Puerto Vallarta
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel Yatzil(Puerto Vallarta)
View Hotel
Hacienda Cora Golf & Spa(Puerto Vallarta)
Hotel Mousai(Puerto Vallarta)
  • Pool
Hotel Playa Fiesta(Puerto Vallarta)
Hotelito Mio(Cabo Corrientes)
4,896 results
All reviewsthe cantinala jollaclub premiumspanish restaurantdon quixotebug bitesgrand master suitesnack barpremium roomno see umsfamily suitefeed the animalsbaby tigerssand fleasspecialty restaurantsel edenbring bug spray
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We are at least one couple that can honestly say we have come back 6 times because of the value, treatment, quietness, and cleanliness.
Some of the new additions were a new bridge over the kids pool that makes it easier to walk over and new windows in the buffet to keep the birds out. Now I did like the open air breakfasts in the morning and I feel that some of the old charm has been lost with the windows, but the trade off is air conditioning in the dining area and probably cleaner. Best of all, new entertainment! Over the years it was sort of stagnant but I must say that the new performances were a definite plus.
We did upgrade to Master Suite and were very satisfied. (It was a special year). If you want to spend more, its worth it BUT in the same breath, we will go for a regular room next time because they are super and we found that having free internet on vacation is a bother.
We will be back! Oh, and NEATTRAVEL had the best prices over FUNJET and APPLE and a host of others.

Room Tip: Upgrade ONLY if you need to.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank jlakemonter
PachecoR, Gerente at Barcelo Puerto Vallarta, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Dear Guest,

I acknowledge receipt your comment post on June 5th, 2014.

We thank you very much for choosing Barceló Puerto Vallarta as your home far away from home again. I would like to thank you also for your kind sincerity about your experience with us, this motivate us to continue improving to leave a positive mark on each and every one of our customers.

In Barceló Puerto Vallarta we work with feelings, sensations, experiences for you to have good memories of your trip to México and specialty of Puerto Vallarta.

Thank you for your openness and we hope you give us the pleasure of choosing us as your host to offer new and amazing experiences again.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

This was my sixth trip to Mexico, my third time in Puerto Vallarta. That being said, I have some expectations both negative and positive. This trip added new experiences and I thought I had experienced it all. I'm going to start with the most annoying of them all; mosquitos. It has been 6 months since I returned from this trip and I still have dark spots on my legs from the mosquito bites. And not just a couple bites here and there, my legs were covered. But oh well, summer where I'm from in northern Canada is also abundant in mosquitos so I am used to it. Not the same amount of mosquito bites, but mosquito bites none the less.

Moving on from mosquitos, if you are 30 years old and younger you will hear a HORRIBLE high pitched ringing sound by the pool ALL DAY. I had to stay at the pool closest to the lobby in the shade if I didn't want my ears to bleed. I still don't know what that sound was, what it was meant to deter (not mosquitos), or why it had to be going from 7am-7pm, but it drove me mad. My in laws couldn't hear it, probably because they are in their 50's, but our 31 year old friend could hear it. I will never return to this resort for the sake of my sanity. I also have extremely sensitive hearing and can actually feel pain in my body from certain sounds so please note that I am an extreme case, but if you are sensitive to high pitch noises to avoid this resort.

Another issue I had with this place was that the last bar closed at 12:30am, and you had no access to food or drink other than your mini bar or room service after that time. Not that big of a deal since I usually go to bed around midnight and wake up for 630am, but there was one or two nights where I wanted to stay up and drink a bit since I couldn't do so poolside.

Now for the good things. Let me start with the food. AMAZING! I have never stayed in a resort that even came close to the Barcelo's menu and overall quality of food. Even a riu palace pales in comparison to the Barcelo's food. From the lunch time tacos, to the fabulous red wine poached pears, I was so excited for every meal. Every morning I had a bowl of porridge, an omelet, and fruit. So fresh and all so good. Just writing about their food makes my mouth water. My spouse is a huge seafood fan and raved about the fresh and different selections of fish each and every night. The reservation only restaurants were just as good as the buffet, except for their desserts which were just incredible. Like I said before, red wine poached pears. Amazing. And my new favourite dessert recipe. Food gets a 5/5 hands down.

The next amazing part was the room. It was more room than I could ever need in a hotel, and it was immaculate in cleanliness and modern. The washroom was huge and had plenty of space for my toiletries. There was plenty of closet room, and our balcony was gigantic. We were on the second floor so this meant we had an even larger balcony than any other floor as far as I know.

Overall, this resort was OK but I would never stay there again. Everything was too far away, except the zoo. The food was amazing, but the service was sub par. The rooms were unbelievable, but the pools were cramped and uncomfortable.

Might I just say to the Barcelo that your restaurant hostess who I believe is named Anita was amazing and showed excellent customer service.

Happy travels!

• Stayed: January 2014
4  Thank Komatost
PachecoR, Gerente at Barcelo Puerto Vallarta, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Dear Guest,

I acknowledge receipt your comment posted on June 3rd, 2013.

We appreciate the valuable time you are taking to share with us your comments. For Barceló Puerto Vallarta the main goal is to fulfill the expectations of every single guest we have the pleasure to serve, as we want they back home totally satisfied and with the desire to visit us again.

We trust to have you here again and give us the opportunity to show the true service of Barceló Puerto Vallarta with which we are building our reputation.

We do appreciate your comments this motivate us to continue improving to leave a positive mark on each and every one of our customers and once again we apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 2 June 2014

The Hotel Barceló in Puerto Vallarta Playa Mismaloya is located where the famous film Night of the Iguana was filmed. It is an all inclusive Hotel, however you can buy a day pass for $55 USD to enjoy everything but a Hotel room! The food is excellent...the primary Buffet has many options for Brunch/Lunch. With the day pass bracelet you are free to enjoy/imbibe to your hearts content. The pools are beautiful and drinks or snacks will be delivered poolside. It is a great way to enjoy a little different part of Banderas Bay if you want to get out and about. The bus to Mismaloya leaves from Old Town and will take you there for 60 cents or so...A 20 minute ride. You can also take advantage of the beach activities that will take you to Los Arcos for snorkeling or sightseeing. Take the walk out to the edge of the small inlet to see the location of the film set...

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Eugene S
PachecoR, Gerente at Barcelo Puerto Vallarta, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Dear Guest,

I acknowledge receipt your comment post on June 2nd, 2014.

We thank you very much for your kind comments and also thank you for choosing Barceló Puerto Vallarta as a scape to a welcoming, nice and fun day enjoying our services, this motivate us to continue improving to leave a positive mark on each and every one of our customers.

Our main goal is to give to all our guest and people who come like you for visit and enjoy the day or night with us, the service which we build our reputation and return home with the desire to visit us again and recommend us to their friends and family, this is the best promotion and marketing program that we can have, because we work with feelings, sensations, experiences for you to have good memories of your trip to México and specialty of Barceló.

We hope you give us the pleasure soon of choosing us as your host to offer new and amazing experiences again.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

Was just in PV and stayed at Barceló May 18-24. This is my fifth or sixth stay and I always enjoy myself. The hotel was at about half capacity and that made it very nice. No crowding at the pool and lots of staff to help out. I have seen some of the other recent reviews that said that they front desk staff was rude but I had nothing but pleasant experiences with them. We also booked an outdoor adventure with the concierge and I wish I had remembered his name but he was very helpful and pleasant. The rooms are always very clean and the cleaning staff is very thorough. We always pay for the premium club and while I'm not sure it's worth the money I do enjoy being up on the higher floors and the premium club is a nice touch.

My only complaints were that the food was a bit lacking this time. I usually find the buffet more than adequate but I think it may have been because they hotel was half empty. I know it's hard to judge food amounts when the hotel is half empty. Also the last two days we were there a convention checked in. I have been there when a convention was there before and all the attention turns to the convention. They did aerobics with the music blaring at 7am and they took up half the pool area with an outdoor dinner for the convention. If at all possible check first to see if there is a convention in town and then book around it.

We ate at the buffet and Don Quixote and Los Arcos. The two restaurant were very good and the buffet, while not up to its usual was still good. The service in the buffet was a bit lacking this time.

When I go back to PV I will most definitely stay at Barceló again. I think you need to understand that for the very reasonable price that you are paying to stay there you get an excellent deal and I think it is well worth the money.

Room Tip: I think the Premium Club is worth the little bit extra. It puts you on the higher floor and gives you access to free wifi on unlimited number of devices in your room.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank johninalameda

Dear Guest,

I acknowledge receipt your comment post on May 31st, 2014.

We thank you very much for choosing Barceló Puerto Vallarta as your home far away from home. I would like to thank you also for your kind sincerity about your experience with us, this motivate us to continue improving to leave a positive mark on each and every one of our customers.

Our main goal is to give to all our guest the service which we build our reputation and return home with the desire to visit us again and recommend us to their friends and family, this is the best promotion and marketing program that we can have, because we work with feelings, sensations, experiences for you to have good memories of your trip to México and specialty of Barceló.

Your feelings about the quality of food and other services you receive will be corrected immediately because your comments undoubtedly make us better every day as the standard that Barceló Hotels & Resorts offers are too high

Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

Ordered room service the last night and we both got sick for about 6 hours straight while the front desk and cleaners bugged us to check out.... They actually tried charging us for the late check-out. And the food that made us sick...
The buffet was fine and the shacks on the beach had amazing authentic mexican food.. Also there is a restaurant called "Ramada Miramar" located along the river behind the hotel. These places are not included but you will only need about $15 for 2 people to eat and drink. The prices do not reflect food quality. Some of the best prawns I have ever had. I would go back tomorrow but would highly recommend avoiding the food they make you pay for at the resort.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JD L

Dear Guest,

I acknowledge receipt your comment posted on May 31st, 2013.

First than all I would like to thank you for your kind preference at Barceló Puerto Vallarta. We know that taste is broken into genres, it is a shame we could not accommodate your tastes to enjoy a memorable holiday.

We are very concerned for your comments because we haven’t had any case of illness at the resort, we regret you feelings about the food from room service, we are going to take matter immediately to the process of the food to avoid this type of situations again.

Barceló Puerto Vallarta is a world-class brand that is always on the lookout to improve and maintain the quality standards that characterized us.

I thank you again for your preference.

Best Regards,