“All needs are met”
Review of Casa Amorita

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Casa Amorita
Columbus, Ohio
“All needs are met”
Reviewed 16 February 2012

I chose Casa Amorita because of its location in Old Puerto Vallarta, in a Mexican neighborhood and near restaurants, galleries, and the Malecon. We were rewarded with an extraordinary view, comfortable surroundings, and a congenial hostess. Be prepared for climbing steps and 24/7 cathedral bells. We slept well. Rita and her efficient staff prepare lovely breakfasts. They are helpful in every way, making arrangements, giving advice, and introducing you to the city and neighborhood. We plan to return!

Room Tip: Rooms are similar. One has a large terrace, but no ocean view. We had the room on the second floor...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bdhunter

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Vancouver, B.C. , Canada
Reviewed 13 February 2012

My husband and I have just returned from Puerta Vallarta. We went to celebrate my birthday and I wanted an exotic place (but a quick flight from Vancouver). We are so happy to have chosen Puerta Vallarta and especially our choice of staying at Casa Amorita. Before we even departed, I got a good feeling for Rita as she was so warm and informative in answering all my questions before we left Vancovuer. We are not sun-bathers so we wanted a more urban experience (art galleries, shopping, eco tours, fine dining) and P.V. certainly provided us with wonderful opportunities for exploring several Art Walk districts.
We arrived quite late and Rita had all kinds of candles lit for our arrival - it was like stepping into a magical world. My husband is an architect and is not usually impressed but he thought Rita did a wonderful job creating her B&B. We had the large room with king sized bed - this is the room to be in, even though it doesn't have a sea view as it has its own private patio and we sleep better in a larger bed. Yes, the bells do ring, but we both found that comforting rather than annoying.
I was a little nervous about Maya the dog before we actually got there but I assure you, she is the most lovely, docile, and very well-behaved dog - sure changed my opinion of rotweillers!
Although breakfast is at 9:30, Rita does put coffee and tea out at 8:00. What beautiful and delcious breakfasts they were!! We took our camera to take photos of the creations. What impressed me is that Rita is so accommodating and went out of her way to help with dietary requirements (not for us, but for others).
It rained lightly one day and Rita felt a little badly (it doesn't usually rain at this time of year) so she made incredible mango (from her own tree) margaritas for all of us before we all headed for dinner.
Speaking of dinner - other than our time touring Burgundy, we have never dined as well as we did in Puerta Vallarta - and Rita has a binder with all the best restaurants. We had excellent meals from the spectacular at Cafe de Artistes (go Sunday or Monday for the 3 course special that at $28.00 USD is an incredible bargain) to simple, yet great ones like the Tapas restaurant just a block up the hill from Casa Amorita (we ate there twice - have the white gazpacho to start). Rita really helps one avoid the usual tourist "traps" - there are many along the Malecon but Vitea is on the beach and very good. She or her staff are very helpful getting cabs if you need them.
We wanted to go on a whale watching tour and she knew exactly which one would be good for us- as she described the Eco Tour group, "Not a booze cruise", but one with a real scientist as a guide - we were absolutely thrilled by our experience. I suffer from neck and back probllems and Rita arranged for a massage therapists to come and treat me - the best massage I've ever had and much of the pain went away. Even if you don't have pain, consider treating yourself - a real deal at $45.00 USD!!
We cannot belileve that after 17 years Rita is still so passionate about her B&B and particularly about P.V.!!
I have to add - we did not have a single concern about safety in P.V. - we were worried when we were in Naples or in Rome (my husband got robbed in Rome). The Mexicans there are so warm and accommodating - we experienced no "attitude" from any of the servers that one sometimes gets in some restaurants.
My husband was very reluctant to go to P.V. as he wondered what we would as we don't swim or sunbathe but he was very delighted with the experience. It was good as he had to get up to go to work this morning and there was not the usual jetlag to contend with - I, on the other hand still have the time to write this review. (I only write one if I am very pleased or disappointed with a restaurant or hotel.
Both my husband and I were impressed with the opportunity that Rita provides for her young employees - she is truly committed to helping them make their way in the world - as she says, "I am like their aunt".
I have stayed in one other B&B (Edinburgh) on my own which was on par with Casa Amorita, but this is the first that we, as a couple, have enjoyed so much. You can't beat the beautiful setting, especially at sunset with the lovely cathedral in the background, the proximity to everything - we walked everywhere - even to the Red Cabbage restaurant and despite the apparent poverty, we felt very safe. It was wonderful to experience some of the street life in authentic Mexican neighbourhoods.
I haven't downloaded my photos yet and I wish I could attach them at this time.
I only wish Air Canada flew more than once a week as this would be the perfect place to spend a long weekend!
Thank you again, Rita, for helping to make my birthday get-away so special!

Room Tip: Ask for room 4 or the other room on the main floor -off the living room (with the mango tree) as it...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank natalie43
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 February 2012

We stayed here for our honeymoon in 2008 and Rita made us both feel very welcome and we totally enjoyed ourselves relaxing in the pool, chatting to the staff (in Spanish) and touring the area - it was amazing.

We will definitely be back soon!!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Compdpp
Toronto
Reviewed 29 January 2012

Our family of five with daughters aged 15, 18 and 21 stayed at Casa Amorita for three days right after Christmas 2011. We loved the accomodation, the rooms were wonderful, the location absolutely perfect and our gracious host Rita Love provided us with the best recommendations for terrific restaurants, massage and great beach spots. Rita's breakfasts were incredible - delicious, varied and presented so beautifully. Both she and her staff were delightful, the house was beautifully appointed and we would return in a heartbeat. Just loved it!

Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 29 January 2012

We were not suspecting to have found such a gem our first time in Puerto Vallarta, but every time we drove by the huge, generic hotels we were so grateful to be staying at the lovely Casa Amorita. Rita is a true master of hospitality and you can come here without having booked any excursions or adventures. She does it all. Not only do you wake up to some of the best food in town (see pictures of delicious breakfasts), but she has professional masseuses, pedicures and manicures all available in her beautiful home. Her philosophy is you don't just rent a room, you rent a house. This house comes equipped with a beautiful pool, fountain and lounge area, private gardens and a romantic roof area. The rooms are very private and beautifully decorated and super clean. Rita gives great advice on restaurants as well as calls taxis and gets you going in the right direction each morning. We will definitely be back and we will bring our friends with us. Casa Amorita was an integral part of our spectacular vacation to Mexico.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 27 January 2012

The Casa Amorita fulfilled all our expectations. Located in the wonderful historical area of PV, it was easy to walk to all the restaurants, beaches, the malecon, art galleries, shops, etc. Our room was sophisticated, immaculate with its own small terrace and access to the very pleasant pool with a wonderful view on the Guadalupe Cathedral. The breakfasts are scrumptious and different every morning. The best feature of the Casa Amorita is its gracious and elegant hostess, Rita Love who have been helpful in every way: finding a hairdresser, boutiques, suggesting us restaurants, helping with bus reservations, etc. She even surprised my twin sister and I by presenting us a small birthday cake on the morning our birthday. Her staff is absolutely charming, discreet, efficient and gorgeous. I DO recommend this gem to everyone.

Room Tip: The room downstairs has a small terrace and direct access to the small but very pleasant pool.
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 26 January 2012

This was our first stay at Casa Amorita and we loved it! Rita has thought of every detail to make your stay a great one. The B&B is centrally located near beaches, restaurants, shops, and a great little yoga studio down the street. Considering the size of the property it offers lots of privacy, and spectacular views. Staying here felt very comfortable. Breakfasts were spectacular, and the place was immaculately clean. And, most of all, Rita's hospitality was truly heart warming. If we get down to Puerto Vallarta again, we'll be sure to go back.
Lastly, the wifi was great! I often find this a problem when travelling and it certainly wasn't here. I was able to enjoy my holiday more because it was easy to communicate with my business back home.
thank you Rita!