“Great location, great experience”
Review of Casa Amorita

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Casa Amorita
Reviewed 2 January 2013

Casa Amorita was the perfect place to be for us, a couple who had never before been out of the country. Rita was a great host - she explained the basic workings of the hotel as soon as we got there, as well as recommending some good restaurants (and taking note of the fact that I was vegetarian, which was very helpful). Our room was fairly small, but considering that we spent most of our time out exploring it was perfect. Very pretty, well decorated, and very airy and open with a nice balcony.

I don't think we could have stayed in a better location - there were at least five delicious restaurants within about a minute walking distance, and many more within less than fifteen. The Malecon was about a five minute walk. The only complaint I could have about the location is the church - it's a beautiful addition to the horizon, but the bells ring at least every half hour. If you're a light sleeper, you may want to take Rita up on the earplugs she offers.

Breakfast was served every morning at 9:30, which was the only requirement of staying at Casa Amorita. I'm glad it was though - everything was delicious! Rita and the staff served a mixture of traditional Mexican dishes and some of a more American variety, but everything was very artfully prepared and tasted great.

As far as trips go, you can have Rita book them or do it yourself, depending on the complexity. We booked our own with a company that Rita doesn't often work with, and everything turned out fine, but you may want to leave some of the bookings - especially if you don't speak Spanish - to Rita and her staff. Worked out great as long as we let her know a few days in advance!

Overall, highly recommended, and I hope we can come back! Thanks for everything Rita!

Room Tip: All the rooms are unique - I believe the room on the main floor is bigger, as the one family that wa...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rij9204

Reviewed 2 January 2013

We have traveled to Mexico at least 5-6 times; Cancun, Cabo, Manzanillo, Matzatlan,etc. and PV is THE best ever!! In our opinion it ranks highest in scenery, sights, weather, shopping, dining, etc. and the Casa Amorita is one of the best places we've experienced. Each AM we dined like royalty with new friends from all over the USA. Our wonderful hostess was Rita Love a very classy woman who knew everything there was to do and the best restaurants to visit in PV. She designed a magnificent home in the heart of the city,which would rival Frank Lloyd Wright and made sure we felt at home. We spent one PM on top of the rooftop terrace taking in the view of the city and bay. Wow!! One last thing,if you stay here be sure to take in a massage. Aaahhh

Room Tip: Each of the rooms are uniquely designed. I'm sure any would please. If you had a preference...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jcnmac
Reviewed 4 December 2012

We, as usual, were able to find a small, intimate place with the charm of old Mexico far from the tourist bustle, high on a hill from where the fabulous views of the Baha' de Banderas Bay and the old town with the majestic Cathedral de Guadalupe were wide open to our eyes. And the name of this cute B&B is so romantic - Casa Amorita.

Casa Amorita is such a beautiful building and decorated in a combination of Mexican, Moorish, Aztec, and Spanish styles accented with ceramics and hand painted tiles. Amazing! Along the entire front of the property is a cobalt blue, venetian tile pool that goes right into the living room. So beautiful! There is also a cool bar/terrace on the roof where I got a tan during some mornings. Casa Amorita has only five bedrooms. Our room was too cute with private balcony. Cosy and clean.

To wake up in this hotel would be a real pleasure, if not for one thing - the cathedral a hundred meters from the hotel. A huge bell hits a few times at 6:30 am, and then at 7 am, 7:30 am, at 8 am ... etc. Unfortunately, breakfast wasn't served at the hotel until 9:30 am (in my opinion that's too late for breakfast.) But breakfasts from our hostess Rita were superb. We didn't want to eat all day after her breakfasts. If we decide to have a snack during our day, it was because we wanted to try something tasty in a particular restaurant. And there are so many amazing restaurants next to Casa Amorita! Basically location of the hotel is the best! If you are ok with the bell in the early morning, you will love this charming place!

More photos are here:

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NadyasSideOfTheRoad
Reviewed 29 November 2012

First trip into Puerto Vallarta and staying at Casa Amorita made it an excellent one! There's wonderful rooms and a beautiful lounge area that's fit for all. Rita and her staff were absolutely accommodating to my Gluten allergy and prepared fabulous dishes for us. Rita showed us around town and suggested wonderful restaurants. I am for sure planning a trip back sometime soon!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 November 2012

Casa Amorita is by far one of my favorite places ever. Rita Love and her staff were so far over and above what my wife and I were expecting that I do not know where to begin. The facility is beautiful, pool, garden, birds, rooms, beds, everything was great- even the near by church bells! Read Rita's comments about the bells if you go- very funny. Please go and visit if you are in the area and looking for romantic charm with unbelievable hospitality. Not to mention the best breakfast in town!! Also note that Rita has the inside scoop on all the best restaurants, galleries, and things to do. She will honestly tell you something is too touristy and not to waist your time and money. Just show up, make a list from her advise, and enjoy this little slice of heaven. I will always stay here when in PVA.

Room Tip: all are great some with view some not. we had a view of church and bay- just perfect.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 September 2012

So, the place is nice, but the lack of air conditioning meant that for me it didn't quite live up to its supposed charm. The breakfasts were copious but evidently not fresh. I saw a lot of bags of salsa in the freezer. I also (maybe it's because I'm an Englishman) was rather annoyed that we were told how much tip we had to leave. When we are at a previous place, we left a generous tip because the staff utterly deserved it and they were telling us it was too much - here the 'required' amount exceeded that! I'm not sure that this place really did it for me and I have had better value elsewhere. Also, I did not miss the church bells which rang 3 or 4 times an hour and through the night - that was a nightmare

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank JulianHeathcote
Rita L, Owner at Casa Amorita, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2012

The comment from this guest that our breakfasts are not made from fresh ingredients is simply not true! All of our Mexican salsas, and in fact, all of our breakfasts are made from scratch. We don’t even use canned tomatoes! For Huevos Mexicano, we hand peel fresh tomatoes, tomatillos, chilies, onions, and garlic. We take a lot of pride in the fact that our breakfasts are homemade in our kitchen by me and my staff!

As far as tipping goes, as a world traveler I am often confused by the tipping policies specific to each country. To assist my guests at check out, I give them a suggested tip amount that is appropriate for services rendered in Mexico. By giving them this guideline, they are comfortable that they are not under or over tipping. This makes checkout smooth and easy.

AC is necessary in the summer months. He was correct in saying that his room did not have a functioning AC unit. It is our pledge that all of the rooms rented during our Summer Season will have functioning AC, mini-splits systems.

During High Season, November to April, it can be a bit chilly at night and we actually have quilts on the beds. AC is not required during these months and very often we don’t even use ceiling fans.

I hope that this clears up the comments made in this review and that you will not hesitate to enjoy the wonderful class of service, beautiful surroundings and exquisite beauty of Puerto Vallarta and Casa Amorita.

Reviewed 19 June 2012

Rita and her staff made our stay so easy and fun. She has great reccomendations for places to eat and adventures. She and her staff are so warm and friendly, you instantly feel at home. The house is centrally located making it easy to walk everywhere. The rooms and pool are beautiful. Can't wait for our next stay

• Stayed: May 2012