“Fabulous!”
Review of Casa Amorita

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Casa Amorita
Reviewed 21 March 2014

This is truly a gem! Small, intimate, great place to relax. Location is wonderful!! Quick walk down to the Malecon and restaurants/beach. Rita is wonderful. She offers a full "concierge" service which we found very helpful given it was our first trip to PV. She made our dinner reservations, palapa beach reservations, cab rides etc.....She also treated us to a killer mango margarita made from the giant mango tree in the front. Breakfasts were delicious and filling! My favorite was the spanish tortilla - love, love the garlic sauce! But all the breakfasts were what you would expect at a high end breakfast place. She was great in accomodating food preference/allergies ie decaf, gluten free, vegetarian etc. You felt right at home in using the fridge, water, ice, glasses etc. We watched the sunset from the rooftop terrace every night! Even saw a whale from there one night! The staff is wonderful. The place is immaculately clean! The beds are extremely comfortable-with soft sheets that you hardly wanted to leave in the morning. Beautiful pool! Every room has an "outdoor" space. We loved our walled garden! The hot water supply and water pressure were great also! We will be back!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 8 February 2014

I know it's been a while (Christmas week 2013) but I just can't stop thinking about our wonderful experience with Rita and Geraldo and the rest of the staff at Casa Amorita. I have finally, somewhat, duplicated Rita's Huevos Divorciados but can't quite get the beans right. This was our first breakfast experience, cooked by Rita herself, and it was spectacular - as were all her breakfasts. Our room on the second floor was charming and so comfortable with a view of the cathedral and the bay. Her recommendations for restaurants were always flawless. She knows PV and has so many friends in the hospitality industry - without exception we were welcomed with open arms if we had a reservation made through her or told the waiter we were sent by "Rita Love". The common areas of her B&B were lovely - small pool and gardens, eating and sitting areas. Fellow guests were friendly and fun. Would return in a minute.

Room Tip: It took me a night or 2 to get used to the cathedral bells, (husband didn't notice) you may want...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 January 2014

You can not ask for a better hostess, Rita. She's from New Jersey, speaks Spanish fluently, she designed her home, she runs it, and her staff loves her and has been with her for years, (that speaks volumes to me) and she sometimes cooks the morning breakfast all by herself :). I can't say enough about her character, integrity, helpfulness and her bubbly personality,(so now you know why I say a star in PV).
This b&b has good beds! This is so important, if you've ever stayed in Mexico then you will KNOW that their beds are hard as rocks - but not here. These mattresses are from Germany and are NOT HARD. Before coming to Casa Amorita, we had just been at 4 star timeshare hotel for a week with a hard bed, so you can imagine how we felt when we stayed here, ( 4 nights) it was like heaven on earth..
We inquired about a tour we had heard about, and she not only looked it up for us, but had a staff member walk down into town and pick up our tickets for us.
And regarding reservations for restaurants, ALL OF THEM WERE MADE BY RITA, she would ask us what restaurants we would like to go to, (and make suggestions for others) then she would make the reservations, and write each one down on a piece of paper with the name of the restaurant, date & time on it and stick it under our door. Why does she do this, you might ask yourself? BECAUSE SHE WANTS HER GUESTS TO DO AS LITTLE AS POSSIBLE, and relax, because they are ON VACATION!!!! She also keeps an eye on your flight home for you too.
You have heard about the view, breakfast, staff and location, so the only other thing that I can mention are their birds. Yes she has 4 parakeets, and in the morning, my first sounds to hear when I wake up were the birds chirping and the fountain gurgling, (I almost was going to go home and buy some birds, when I remembered, oh yes were gone a lot, and I DO NOT HAVE HELP, so that idea was short lived, ha ha). I must say one more thing, the roof top was another great space to escape to and lounge around. Lastly, FREE WIFI, (and free bottled water - no limit, but tap water was fine too) (we were paying $10.00 a day at the hotel). OUR STAY WAS EXCELLENT!

Room Tip: We had the room with a king size bed and a patio, it was worth it!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 December 2013

I spent 3 days at "Casa Amorita" the 2nd week of December. I could not have been luckier to have chosen this small B&B, owned and operated by Rita Love- it felt like a home away from home.
It has the best location in Puerto Vallarta with the beautiful tower of the Cathedral against the backdrop of the sea, right in your view- it's magical!
Rita and the staff of this beautifully styled B&B are just super- breakfast was a different treat every day. I would not consider staying in any other place in Puerto Vallarta.

Room Tip: rooms with view of the cathedral and sea from your own balcony
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Christiana3102013
Reviewed 4 December 2013

I booked here because I was photographing a wedding nearby and the bride recommended it. Beverley and her staff were amazing and very sweet. The breakfast was amazing each morning. We stayed from Thursday until Sunday and had an amazing time. There are so many places to walk to from the hotel. The staff is so friendly and willing to do so much to help your stay that more enjoyable. I got the massage while there and it was great! I wish I could have met Rita but she was visiting relatives. Bev was amazing and so kind and knowledgable. She made us feel at ease every minute we were in her presence. This is the only place I will stay when I visit next time.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 November 2013

It was wonderful being back in Puerto Vallarta; and again spending time at the beautiful Casa Amorita.. It is so relaxing; and the care that Rita takes with her guests really make it a special place to stay. I had raved to my friends from Atlanta and was lucky that they were able to join me at Casa Amorita. It was a reunion with them after 15 years and they really enjoyed Rita's hospitality. The great breakfast; the views, and Rita's great recommendations made they're first trip to P.V. special. Thanks again to Rita and her amazing staff !

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 November 2013

but we have now returned for the 4th...or is it the 5th time? Needless to say, this place is consistently wonderful and truly a tranquil oasis in PV. Our hostess Rita was a whirlwind of energy and enthusiasm anticipating our every need and we appreciated the updated air conditioners and decor. In our book, there is no other place we would rather stay!

Room Tip: I prefer a balcony with a view so we always reserve one of the 2nd story rooms in the front of the h...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple