“Relaxing, Beautiful, Loved It”
Review of Casa Amorita

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Casa Amorita
“Relaxing, Beautiful, Loved It”
Reviewed 10 April 2014

We couldn't have been happier. Casa Amorita was such a gem to find in Puerto Vallarta. The price was incredibly reasonable, and the views! So awesome. We had been thinking about staying in the much more expensive Hacienda San Angel, but as soon as we got to Casa Amorita we were relieved we'd decided to stay here instead. It's relaxed, beautiful, and just a great little spot. The roof top terrace is awesome. The pool is stunning. The location peaceful. The beds comfortable. Everything was provided for us: clean water to drink, towels, soap, books, even a telephone to make calls to the States for free! The best part was our host, Rita Love. She is considerate and knowledgeable about PV. Anyone who stays at Casa Amorita will be lucky. Can't go wrong staying here.

1 Thank Melina M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Golden, Colorado
Reviewed 31 March 2014

The purpose of our stay in PV was for my older children to attend an intensive Spanish class for a week...while I relaxed ;^> We stayed there for the entire week, I can not imagine a better place to stay, or hostess to spend time with. Rita you are wonderful! The atmosphere was just what all of us needed.

The B&B was immaculate and the decor just works and the breakfasts were delicious and presentation - beautiful. The staff kept everything running like clockwork; they handled all of our reservations and requests...everything is so well organized, you can tell Rita has been doing this for a long time.

The views are spectacular, the church and the ocean come to mind. We spent alot of time on the front porch/pool area and roof top lounge just watching the world go by (sunsets a 7:15 every night was a must). You will hear the church bells and some street noise from a forward facing room (you are just above downtown after all, that is what makes the location great), I would suggest ear plugs at night if you are sensitive to that. The neighborhood is safe and inviting; by the end of the week we knew all the back ways to restaurants and shops, all very close.

I am already making plans to stay there again.

Room Tip: How to choose a room...I do not think there is a bad one, I looked at them all. My room (#4 I beli...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Hackettstown, New Jersey
Reviewed 28 March 2014

This was our second vacation visiting Casa Amorita. Another glorious 2 weeks at the most stunningly beautiful place in Mexico! A true delight for all of the senses! Will want our same room next year ....missy

Room Tip: All of the rooms are gorgeous
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 27 March 2014

I cannot say enough great things about Casa Amorita. Rita and her staff are amazing. The property is immaculate and the breakfasts are sensational. Comfortable rooms with great views. Perfect location for exploring PV. Thank you for such a memorable and relaxing stay.

(p.s. I don't know why people have complained about the church bells. We hardly noticed them and when we did, they were lovely.)

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 21 March 2014

This is truly a gem! Small, intimate, great place to relax. Location is wonderful!! Quick walk down to the Malecon and restaurants/beach. Rita is wonderful. She offers a full "concierge" service which we found very helpful given it was our first trip to PV. She made our dinner reservations, palapa beach reservations, cab rides etc.....She also treated us to a killer mango margarita made from the giant mango tree in the front. Breakfasts were delicious and filling! My favorite was the spanish tortilla - love, love the garlic sauce! But all the breakfasts were what you would expect at a high end breakfast place. She was great in accomodating food preference/allergies ie decaf, gluten free, vegetarian etc. You felt right at home in using the fridge, water, ice, glasses etc. We watched the sunset from the rooftop terrace every night! Even saw a whale from there one night! The staff is wonderful. The place is immaculately clean! The beds are extremely comfortable-with soft sheets that you hardly wanted to leave in the morning. Beautiful pool! Every room has an "outdoor" space. We loved our walled garden! The hot water supply and water pressure were great also! We will be back!!

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 8 February 2014

I know it's been a while (Christmas week 2013) but I just can't stop thinking about our wonderful experience with Rita and Geraldo and the rest of the staff at Casa Amorita. I have finally, somewhat, duplicated Rita's Huevos Divorciados but can't quite get the beans right. This was our first breakfast experience, cooked by Rita herself, and it was spectacular - as were all her breakfasts. Our room on the second floor was charming and so comfortable with a view of the cathedral and the bay. Her recommendations for restaurants were always flawless. She knows PV and has so many friends in the hospitality industry - without exception we were welcomed with open arms if we had a reservation made through her or told the waiter we were sent by "Rita Love". The common areas of her B&B were lovely - small pool and gardens, eating and sitting areas. Fellow guests were friendly and fun. Would return in a minute.

Room Tip: It took me a night or 2 to get used to the cathedral bells, (husband didn't notice) you may want...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Gresham, Oregon
Reviewed 10 January 2014

You can not ask for a better hostess, Rita. She's from New Jersey, speaks Spanish fluently, she designed her home, she runs it, and her staff loves her and has been with her for years, (that speaks volumes to me) and she sometimes cooks the morning breakfast all by herself :). I can't say enough about her character, integrity, helpfulness and her bubbly personality,(so now you know why I say a star in PV).
This b&b has good beds! This is so important, if you've ever stayed in Mexico then you will KNOW that their beds are hard as rocks - but not here. These mattresses are from Germany and are NOT HARD. Before coming to Casa Amorita, we had just been at 4 star timeshare hotel for a week with a hard bed, so you can imagine how we felt when we stayed here, ( 4 nights) it was like heaven on earth..
We inquired about a tour we had heard about, and she not only looked it up for us, but had a staff member walk down into town and pick up our tickets for us.
And regarding reservations for restaurants, ALL OF THEM WERE MADE BY RITA, she would ask us what restaurants we would like to go to, (and make suggestions for others) then she would make the reservations, and write each one down on a piece of paper with the name of the restaurant, date & time on it and stick it under our door. Why does she do this, you might ask yourself? BECAUSE SHE WANTS HER GUESTS TO DO AS LITTLE AS POSSIBLE, and relax, because they are ON VACATION!!!! She also keeps an eye on your flight home for you too.
You have heard about the view, breakfast, staff and location, so the only other thing that I can mention are their birds. Yes she has 4 parakeets, and in the morning, my first sounds to hear when I wake up were the birds chirping and the fountain gurgling, (I almost was going to go home and buy some birds, when I remembered, oh yes were gone a lot, and I DO NOT HAVE HELP, so that idea was short lived, ha ha). I must say one more thing, the roof top was another great space to escape to and lounge around. Lastly, FREE WIFI, (and free bottled water - no limit, but tap water was fine too) (we were paying $10.00 a day at the hotel). OUR STAY WAS EXCELLENT!

Room Tip: We had the room with a king size bed and a patio, it was worth it!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple