2,571 results
All reviewssnack barcoco barocean viewbeds were harda la carte restaurantkids poolair transatspring breakclose to downtownoceanview roomspanish coffeehot dogsstar resortsmaller resortactivities staffpirate shipnightly shows
Reviewed 20 February 2013

After reading some reviews I was a little worried.
If your looking for a good time at a great price this is the place. First Ricardo at the front desk met every one of our needs and never make us feel like we were a bother. (Thank you so much Ricardo)
I will also say that Manuel (mannie) and David are the hardest working bartenders I have ever seen. If you go to this hotel just because it is an all inclusive please take care of your servers.
We had an ocean view room on the 4th floor and the only noise we could hear was the ocean at night.
I thought the food was adequate and I found many items different each day. The people who complain about the food need to upgrade hotels because it was more than I expected for the price. My only complaint “no guacamole“. Really guys its Mexico break out the avocados.
Every staff member was friendly but one and her attitude will not ruin your stay if your unlucky to run into her.
The bell men were always helpful.
I could go on and on.
I will defiantly stay at Las Palmas again
I thank you for showing us such a great time.

Room Tip: Up grade to ocean view. basic Rooms on north side of property are loud because of disco next door they are ope until 5 am
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Richard A
Reviewed 14 February 2013

the room was ready after 15:00 hours, this issue make me take the decision to not come back again. The service averall was average but the reception was poor. The food and beverages were average. You must do something for the comfort of your regular costumers.

• Stayed: February 2013
6  Thank metalgallo
Reviewed 12 February 2013

This Resort was Beautiful!The view and beach was awesome! The Staff were very friendly! The resort was very clean and had excellent food and entertainment! I def recommend this place!! I will be returning for a second time :)

Room Tip: The Ocean View i would highly recommend!
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank mandi b
Reviewed 10 February 2013

We did a last minute trip via Travel Best Bets/Canjet/Nolitours. (second trip to PV, different hotel)
Bad parts;
Got to the airport 3 hrs early as requested, but the plane was 2 1/2 hrs late leaving as, A: one of the flight attendants was late, B: The captain called in sick & they had to find a replacement pilot.
Be careful after arriving /clearing Mexican customs at the airport, as there is a "white zone" that looks like an Apple store, they all try to get you to take a cab/time share, bypass it ASAP!
Your tour/hotel rep will be just outside the "Apple store" with signs and will direct you to your transfer buses.
Our room was 2xx, ocean view, overlooking the adult pool, backed by the canal.
It was great until later that Saturday evening, then a disco down the canal/road started up, like boom car in your driveway!! We went to the concierge & asked for a different room. He said we could have 4xx (same area but higher- we checked it out..no noise) and told us we should have our bags packed at 1PM tomorrow, and they would move our bags for us.
At 12:30 (after wasting 1/2 day around the hotel) we went to the concierge (a different older guy/manager/Jose-?) and said we were ready to move to room 4xx.
He said "no!". We asked why. He kind of looked around a bit while trying to come up with an excuse and eventually said that the people staying in that room had all of a sudden decided to stay longer (BS!).
He had a bellboy show us 2 other rooms by the family/ kiddy pool (no thanks! - noise all day long).
We decided to stick with the room we had. So every Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights we heard the boom-boom from the disco! (was so loud that it was actually rattling the bathroom mirror and we had to keep the bathroom door closed- until 4-5AM) Solution?: Drink lots before retiring!
Lots of "Time Share" (err, "points" now?) hawkers everywhere, but not as bad as a few years ago.
Good parts;
The rest of the staff were very friendly & courteous.
I absolutely loved the Mexican food - different stuff every day, but a few others we had met only ate the "American" food & didn't seem happy with it. ..Well, when in Rome! Duh!
The bar staff were excellent. Mixed drinks were inconsistent..killer strong one time, a bit thin the next, but all in all, I really couldn't complain.
Lots of Nationals staying there..they are all very friendly - don't forget your Spanish-English translation app on your phone ;-)
Always tipped 20 pesos or a buck after meals or every few drinks or so & 50 pesos on our last day.
Left a buck every day on the pillow for housekeeping, although the towels arrived spontaneously, like 1-3 every hour..was entertaining! ;-)
Free wifi in the lobby, but a few pesos to use their PC. Mostly WEP around the hotels, so if you're a Linux user.. ;-)
Bus is only 6.5 pesos, and they give change; Take "Centro" to downtown, and catch the "Wal Mart" on Juarez to come back.
We avoided the Cuale market (tired of the hawkers), but the little shops downtown, artists zone (Guadalupe Sánchez) & south of the Cuale (Central Market) were pretty cool - lots of picture taking opportunities.
Wear sturdy shoes!
Mega and Soriana stores are within walking distance of the hotel.
Watch the local Oxxo, they don't seem give back the correct change (nor receipt) - local farmacias are pretty good for almost the same stuff.
Costco is almost an exact US clone (boring- no Mexican made stuff), Walmart, is well, Walmart.
The Galerias Vallarta Mall (next to Walmart) is a high-end mall for the cruise ships/well heeled locals..bought some very nice locally made stuff there.
Would I stay again? Definately! - provided I had an ocean view room on the 3rd or 4th floor, overlooking the adult pool.
Stayed for a week Jan 2013

Room Tip: Try to get an ocean view room overlooking the adult pool, as high as possible 3/4th flr.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Tatyadog
Reviewed 8 February 2013 via mobile

Resort was very clean. Food was good and staff was excellent! It is right on the ocean which is always a plus. Lots of walking attractions nearby. Some locals on weekends but mostly Canadians. All great guests. The hot tub (aka bath tub) was one thing you couldn't get into and quite frankly didn't want to. Locals love the hot tub and sit in there for hours! But that was no biggie for all the other perks. Well worth the money.

• Stayed: January 2013