2,594 results
All reviews snack bar coco bar ocean view beds were hard a la carte restaurant kids pool air transat spring break close to downtown oceanview room spanish coffee hot dogs star resort smaller resort pirate ship entertainment staff nightly shows
Reviewed 28 February 2013

I want to start with the compliments. The staff is great. We greatly appreciated David and Carmen at the sea side bar! Their service was nothing short of great, and they were certainly kept busy till it closed at 11. Yolanda and Hipolito in the buffet had the best service for the food side. All these people were greeting us by name :).

The hotel falls short with the beds being so hard. We found out nearer to the end of the trip that a memory foam topper is available... if one is free. The showers in the room were 4' square which is awesome, but the water damage above the sink really takes away from it. The vent in the shower is open to the walkway, at night we needed to close the bathroom door to keep the noise of the nearby dance club out. (it goes to 5 am on weekends by the way). The balcony door does little to silence the pool/bar/court yard noises. We didn't find the room a very quiet place (of course tile floors in mexico do little to keep things quiet. We had a different room the first night (mix up in booking.com and the hotel as we wanted a king bed (not two doubles). The first room didn't have functioning AC.

There is bacon available in the buffet for breakfast (instead of french fries, and mini hot dogs (they may be a Mexican staple, but I do not know)) but you need to ask for it. The buffet seems to cater more to the mexican taste than American/Canadian, which may be what you like, but I really like my bacon and eggs. The plus is that the buffet definitely had some of the freshest fruit I've seen.

The crew that organizes the beach volley ball seem to find a way to make a team win, and then all that's left is the hotel staff because everyone has left because they loose all the time and leave.

We were told repeatedly that the 'default' wifi in the lobby was free, but when we asked the front desk staff, we were told it was not free.

If you're getting this resort on discount you'll likely be happy. We rated this poor, but would have set it poor-average, its just falling a bit short on the little things. Too much nickel and diming.

Room Tip: Lower floor, away from disco club (higher numbered rooms). Ask for a foamy if your bed is hard. be sure to ask for what you want.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Kadam m
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Me and 27 friends just got back and it is a great place for the price. Alex, Pamela, Christian, Luis, and the rest of the entertainment crew do a great job of making you feel like you belong. Great bartenders. Do yourself a favour and get a tequila popper from Celso, so much fun. Don't have one complaint.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
7  Thank Danny L
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Was at las palmas in december.never stayed there before and would stay again.great place for anyone and the staff are fantastic.too many reviews on many hotels are a bunch of complainers.leave your stress and your crappy attitudes at home.pv is a fun place if you let your hair down.thanks to all at las palmas,you people do a great job.

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank sdjz
Reviewed 20 February 2013

After reading some reviews I was a little worried.
If your looking for a good time at a great price this is the place. First Ricardo at the front desk met every one of our needs and never make us feel like we were a bother. (Thank you so much Ricardo)
I will also say that Manuel (mannie) and David are the hardest working bartenders I have ever seen. If you go to this hotel just because it is an all inclusive please take care of your servers.
We had an ocean view room on the 4th floor and the only noise we could hear was the ocean at night.
I thought the food was adequate and I found many items different each day. The people who complain about the food need to upgrade hotels because it was more than I expected for the price. My only complaint “no guacamole“. Really guys its Mexico break out the avocados.
Every staff member was friendly but one and her attitude will not ruin your stay if your unlucky to run into her.
The bell men were always helpful.
I could go on and on.
I will defiantly stay at Las Palmas again
I thank you for showing us such a great time.

Room Tip: Up grade to ocean view. basic Rooms on north side of property are loud because of disco next door they are ope until 5 am
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Richard A
Reviewed 14 February 2013

the room was ready after 15:00 hours, this issue make me take the decision to not come back again. The service averall was average but the reception was poor. The food and beverages were average. You must do something for the comfort of your regular costumers.

• Stayed: February 2013