2,564 results
All reviewssnack barcoco barocean viewbeds were harda la carte restaurantkids poolair transatspring breakclose to downtownoceanview roomspanish coffeehot dogsstar resortsmaller resortactivities staffpirate shipnightly shows
Reviewed 16 March 2013

Most of my negative feelings stem from my experience with the front desk. I feel that there was a lack of English speaking help there.The rest of the staff was fantastic. I knew this hotel was only rated a 2 when I booked it and I didn't expect to be overwhelmed with luxury.with that in mind I think there were some small things that could have been done to make it a better place to stay. I would not return to this hotel again.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank wad62
Reviewed 15 March 2013

I have been twice in "Hotel Las Palmas" with my friends and we really had a good time!. Our room had a beautiful sight, the meals was good and all the facilities were comfortable. The staff is really kind and always trying to help you and making you feeling great. 100% recommended for a family and friend vacations.

Room Tip: Higher rooms have a great view.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 February 2013

I want to start with the compliments. The staff is great. We greatly appreciated David and Carmen at the sea side bar! Their service was nothing short of great, and they were certainly kept busy till it closed at 11. Yolanda and Hipolito in the buffet had the best service for the food side. All these people were greeting us by name :).

The hotel falls short with the beds being so hard. We found out nearer to the end of the trip that a memory foam topper is available... if one is free. The showers in the room were 4' square which is awesome, but the water damage above the sink really takes away from it. The vent in the shower is open to the walkway, at night we needed to close the bathroom door to keep the noise of the nearby dance club out. (it goes to 5 am on weekends by the way). The balcony door does little to silence the pool/bar/court yard noises. We didn't find the room a very quiet place (of course tile floors in mexico do little to keep things quiet. We had a different room the first night (mix up in booking.com and the hotel as we wanted a king bed (not two doubles). The first room didn't have functioning AC.

There is bacon available in the buffet for breakfast (instead of french fries, and mini hot dogs (they may be a Mexican staple, but I do not know)) but you need to ask for it. The buffet seems to cater more to the mexican taste than American/Canadian, which may be what you like, but I really like my bacon and eggs. The plus is that the buffet definitely had some of the freshest fruit I've seen.

The crew that organizes the beach volley ball seem to find a way to make a team win, and then all that's left is the hotel staff because everyone has left because they loose all the time and leave.

We were told repeatedly that the 'default' wifi in the lobby was free, but when we asked the front desk staff, we were told it was not free.

If you're getting this resort on discount you'll likely be happy. We rated this poor, but would have set it poor-average, its just falling a bit short on the little things. Too much nickel and diming.

Room Tip: Lower floor, away from disco club (higher numbered rooms). Ask for a foamy if your bed is hard. be sure to ask for what you want.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Kadam m
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Me and 27 friends just got back and it is a great place for the price. Alex, Pamela, Christian, Luis, and the rest of the entertainment crew do a great job of making you feel like you belong. Great bartenders. Do yourself a favour and get a tequila popper from Celso, so much fun. Don't have one complaint.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
7  Thank Danny L
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Was at las palmas in december.never stayed there before and would stay again.great place for anyone and the staff are fantastic.too many reviews on many hotels are a bunch of complainers.leave your stress and your crappy attitudes at home.pv is a fun place if you let your hair down.thanks to all at las palmas,you people do a great job.

• Stayed: December 2012