Hilton Puerto Vallarta Resort(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
US$357
US$218
  • Breakfast included
Villa Premiere Boutique Hotel & Romantic Getaway(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
US$288
US$241
Bookit.com
Garza Blanca Preserve, Resort & Spa(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
US$516
US$196
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$222/night.

Barcelo Puerto Vallarta(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
US$239
US$191
  • Breakfast included
Now Amber Puerto Vallarta(Puerto Vallarta)
Free cancellation until 25/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$406
US$331
  • Beachfront
Canto Del Sol Plaza Vallarta(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
US$207
US$168
Priceline
  • Pool
Grand Miramar All Luxury Suites & Residences(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
US$212
US$143
Official Hotel
Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 21/07
US$571
US$459
Cancelon
2,422 results
All reviewssnack barcoco barocean viewbeds were harda la carte restaurantkids poolair transatspring breakclose to downtownspanish coffeeoceanview roomhot dogssmaller resortstar resorttortillasactivities staffnightly shows
Reviewed 28 March 2013

The food and drinks were so-so, and the hotel is small. The activities crew made up for all of the rest. Sofie,Christian and Luis were awesome and entertained us all day!!! They made us forget those things and we has the time of our lives! I would go back just because of them!

Room Tip: We like 051 ground level however you can hear the disco at night.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 March 2013

We were at the resort for 2 weeks. We had an ocean view with a balcony and watched some spectacular sunsets .Our room was modern and remade every day, we could however smell cigarette smoke which I have no idea where it was coming from.The food on the buffet had little variety but tasted ok. We went to the side stations almost every meal and had something made up fresh which was good. The waiters in the restaurant were super and were quite helpful in teaching us a new word in spanish every day. The waiters at the bar were sometimes so busy it took a bit to get a beverage. The only complaint was some of the other guests who had no consideration for other guests. I will say that when they started playing soccer along the outside hall at 3:30 AM security did shut them down quickly. There was a party just outside our window on the beach that kept us awake for most of the night. We were there the week before spring break so a lot of the party goers were just arriving. Would we go back? Ya probably but not near spring break.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DLW127
Reviewed 24 March 2013

This was my first time to the resort.The resort was very good and the food was alright. The activity team was awesome especially Sofia who was newly hired and had a very friendly and outgoing personality that made the activities much more fun. The price was right and i would go there again A.S.A.P.

Room Tip: Higher floors and away from the club Strana as you can hear the music every night
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Jim_F_142
Reviewed 22 March 2013

My quick summary? Great hotel with superior value. Our view was fantastic, the staff is friendly and helpful, the rooms respectably clean and up to date (each with a balcony!).

As for food, my pro tip is to skip the hotel restaurants and walk south on the main Boulevard to the cheap taco stands. We went crazy and spent all of $10 (USD) for two people. More authentic in my opinion anyway. Pools we nice too, separated into an "Adult" pool and "Kids" pool, where the former is more for relaxing and the latter more for horseplay.

Access to the beach was a main point for us. It does not disappoint! If you're considering staying at a hotel that advertises "just 1 block away from the beach", stay away. Yes, you are 1 block away... technically. Actually, no. You would have to access the beach through one of the non-hotel based access points. So if you stayed at a hotel across from another hotel that had access to the beach, you can't just walk through (they use wristbands), you'll have to walk a good few more blocks to get there. Not convenient. Pay up and get access to the beach. The view makes it more than worth it.

I do agree with some comments made by other reviewers. Here are some of them and my points of contention:

1) Yes, the hotel may need some upkeep in some areas. - I personally thought our room was fantastic. It's important to remember that if you're planning on spending that much time in the hotel just to watch TV and sleep anyway, then you really shouldn't be coming to Mexico. Save your money and go to a hotel down the street. Also, remember that you're in a developing country and that that can sometimes be reflected in the quality of the hotel. Finally, as in life, everything is variable. If you're willing to pay for it, you'll get a nicer room.

2) The staff isn't particularly fluent in English. - In fact, I think that if I couldn't speak Spanish, communication would/could be a serious issue. Depends on your patience level though and how willing you are to articulate. If you're looking for intense detailed descriptions about parts of the city, then it'll fall short. If you're ordering a drink, English will do just fine.

3) The hotel isn't walking distance from downtown. - I mean, it is. You could technically walk from Wisconsin to California. I wouldn't recommend it though. But seriously, we're young and walk to class every day and the walk was still pretty far. It's about 2 - 3 miles to downtown. It's not a big deal, but we went downtown every day. I wouldn't walk to take a vacation to walk 6 miles a day.

Our solution? Take the bus! It's 13 pesos for two people. That's about a dollar one way. Save a money and don't take a cab. The bus is an experience you won't want to miss. Make sure you take a bus labeled "Centro" if you're heading to downtown and a bus labeled "Hoteles" if you're trying to get back to - you guessed it - the hotels.

Well, that's my review! I have no doubt that no matter where you stay in PV, you'll have a great time. Try to watch the sunset on the Malecon. It's to die for! If you're around that area too, at around 10 PM - 11 PM every night, there are fireworks from the Pirate Cruise. Also, don't to the cruises. We got much feedback from tourists during our time there who said skip it. The snorkeling, the beach, the ziplining. Just skip it. Immerse yourself in the culture, by some tamales on the Malecon, sip Margaritas on the beach for just a few dollars.

Have fun!

Room Tip: Try to get a side with an oceanview. Likely you'll pay up for it and you may face the noisier portion of the hotel, but waking up and falling asleep to the sound of ocean surf is more than worth it.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank AnthonyMN
Reviewed 16 March 2013

Most of my negative feelings stem from my experience with the front desk. I feel that there was a lack of English speaking help there.The rest of the staff was fantastic. I knew this hotel was only rated a 2 when I booked it and I didn't expect to be overwhelmed with luxury.with that in mind I think there were some small things that could have been done to make it a better place to stay. I would not return to this hotel again.

• Stayed: February 2013