“Great location and staff”

Sheraton Buganvilias Resort & Convention Center
Ranked #32 of 121 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 29 May 2012

Close to town or a quick cab ride away, you are close to many restaurants and shopping. I loved the location - 40 peso cab ride to town. We stayed on the ninth floor in a one bedroom condo in the time-share section of the hotel. A beautiful view of the city, malecon and ocean. The unit consisted of a king size bed in the separate bedroom and two concrete sofas with cushions on top (this is the accomodations for a unit that sleeps up to four). The sofas were pretty uncomfortable and are not great for adult sleeping. There was a split bath from the bedroom and hallway, which was convenient. A small kitchen with two burner stovetop (no oven), full size refrigerator, microwave and the usual kitchenware are included. The maid service was great and the unit was always very clean. We loved the quiet room. The pools are clean with plenty of seating around them. I sat at the beach a few times (it was rocky but I was there for the view and enjoyment of the ocean) and there were not many people at the beach. This may be because it is May and the high season is starting to slow down with less people. Other trips we've made in May have been a little cooler and of course it was very humid because of Hurricane Bud out in the Pacific and we had a lot of rain one evening. Time share selling was going on but we chose not to participate in the presentation and they were ok about this. Everyone from the bellmen, front desk personnel, towel person, to the wait staff were all very nice. I would definitely recommend this resort. I missed having a patio but the view was wonderful.

Room Tip: The higher floors have the best view of the ocean.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
buganviliasrp, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Buganvilias Resort & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2012

Dear guest from Wisconsin:

Thank you for sharing your sentiment about your stay in our beautiful Vallarta.

The statement of your experience will provide to our future travelers a clear idea of the benefits and advantages they will find in our resort including the warmth service of our staff.

We will post your insight to our staff to compliment their daily task to deliver the best Sheraton experience in Mexico.

Warm regards

Write a ReviewReviews (3,863)

Reviewed 28 May 2012

Overall, it is a nice place. The only disappointing thing is that the beach is very stony and is unswimmable most of the time due to undertow.

The resort has 2 good sized pools and a couple of decent restaurants. It's only a 20 min walk to the town centre and is a 15 min cab ride to the airport.

I rated the rooms average - while they we very nice, the TV lost signal once in a while and the air conditioning new cooled the room enough (this was similar to other guest rooms and smaller meeting rooms in the hotel).

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 May 2012 via mobile

Excelent resort and a very good option yo stay. The service is good, the location is excelent.

• Stayed: January 2012
buganviliasrp, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Buganvilias Resort & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2012

Dear Guest :

We appreciate your recognition for our hotel staff service and for highlighting the strengths of our facilities to fully comply with our guest expectations. Our staff will be satisfied to know your kind consideration for a job well done.

We welcome your feedback which benefits our impulse to increment and maintain our ambition to achieve top quality service levels, guest experience and staff performance.

We appreciate your patronage and hope to provide you again the best Sheraton experience on your next trip to Puerto Vallarta.

Reviewed 18 May 2012

An older but very well maintained resort. My main reason for selecting this resort, even though I had never stayed there, was the close proximity to town. Didn't have to use a taxi or bus, could easily walk. The room, I had what they call a "presidential suite", was more than I really needed and very clean. I never got around to seeing their "boutique" stores as any shopping I wanted/needed was within walking distance. There was a convenient MEGA store down the street that had everything you would need from clothing, sundries and a large assortment of food. I did use the bus once as I wanted to go to the far end of Old Town and for 65 cents it was well worth the exciting ride. My only disappointment at the resort was one of the employees in the mini-mart that was less than friendly and helpful, never went back in. The grounds were impeccable, the pool always cleaned and not very crowded during the week I was there the first full week of May 2012. All the staff were very helpful and friendly, except the one mentioned, I would certainly entertain staying there again. Although I don't have kids, there were many families that did and I saw the resort as very family friendly with activities scheduled during the day for the kids.

Room Tip: The rooms facing directly out to the ocean have a great view. Because my room was so high, the 22nd...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Javastreet
buganviliasrp, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Buganvilias Resort & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2012

Dear guest from California:

Thank you for sharing your high satisfaction for our resort after your recent visit to the Sheraton Buganvilias Resort & Convention Center.

We appreciate your recognition for our staff's guest relations, room comfort and for highlighting the strengths of our facilities to fully comply with our guest expectations. Our staff will be satisfied to know your kind consideration for a job well done. We apologize for the unfriendly service you felt from the mini mart staff, thank you for your honest response.

We appreciate your giving us the opportunity to host you again on your next trip to Puerto Vallarta and provide you with the best Sheraton experience.

Reviewed 15 May 2012

At Buganvilias they really know customer service. I was treated like a king the entire time and the staff was especially amazing for my special day. They made sure everything went perfect and truly cared that my wedding went perfectly between decorations, colors, food, location, music, everything. The planner I worked with was very understanding was able to make every single little detail work.

The hotel itself is also absolutely beautiful and very well-kept. We were there for a full week and the menus at all of their places to eat are very good. My entire family was very impressed with our selection on where to have the wedding. After shopping around, I could have easily spent twice as much on a reception and dinner at another location with comparable quality. I give Sheraton Buglanvilias 5 stars.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Thriller-Miller

Dear Eugene:

It was a real pleasure to read your enthusiastic commentary and your feelings after your wedding in our beautiful paradise named Puerto Vallarta.

We are proud you gave us the opportunity to partake in the success of this special and unique moment of your lives, in which you shared among family and close friends the happinness of a promising future.

We celebrate the sun, the ocean, the vast landscape and the natural environment of the scene were the perfect location to meet your destiny,

Congratulations to both of you!

Reviewed 4 May 2012

We stayed here in May for a convention.

We had problems each morning with hot water - I guess everyone else attending the convention was trying to shower at the same time. I did complain to the front desk one afternoon and they immediately sent someone up to the room, but by that time, we had hot water again.

The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. We had a nice view of the bay and the pool.

The pools were very nice as was the hot tub. The staff did a great job of keeping the grounds clean.

The breakfast buffet in the morning had a lot of options, but many of the hot items were barely warm. A big disappointment and overpriced.

Also, the ice machine on our floor was not only on the opposite end of our floor, but it was also broken, so you had to walk through several hallways, then take an elevator to the 22nd floor.

There is a bus stop as well as an Oxxo covenience store in front of the hotel which is convenient.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank plcitv
buganviliasrp, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Buganvilias Resort & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2012

Dear guest from Atlanta:

Thank you for sharing your opinion on your experience in our resort in Puerto Vallarta.

We appreciate your recognition for our staff services, room comfort and for highlighting the strengths of our facilities to fully comply with our guest expectations. Our staff will be satisfied to know your kind consideration for a job well done. We respect your insight about our food options and will increase the variety of international food.

Your feedback is highly welcome as it benefits our impulse to increment and maintain our ambition to achieve top quality service levels, guest experience and staff performance.

Reviewed 29 April 2012

Upon my arrival at The Sheraton, we were greeted with kind faces and then led into our club level room by an informative bell boy; however, this great beginning quickly turned horrible by night. When I went to wash my face in preparation for sleep, I was HORRIFIED to find a very evident BLOOD STAIN. Needless to say, I was absolutely horrified and am currently still struggling in my attempt to rid my memory of this unhygienic nightmare. Worse of all, when I called into the service desk to request for a new towel I was asked "Do you want the new towel tonight or tomorrow?".....what? Although she was friendly, it was nevertheless a response that has left me discouraged to ever come here again and encouraged to check every single towel until the day I leave this hotel, which, will be in three days. Until then, I really hope management will be able to fix this issue before more people wipe their face with a blood stained towel.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Famevei
buganviliasrp, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Buganvilias Resort & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2012

Dear guest from Vancouver:

We are glad you were still in the hotel at the time you reported your dissatisfaction for the stain on the towel in your room. We appreciate your giving us in person the opportunity to amend our flaw and for accepting the satisfaction of our services.

We should also recognize your responsiveness for the affective expressions to our staff who made you feel confortable and well taken care of for the remaining of your sejourn.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

Warm regards