Everyone who writes reviews is either one extreme or the other. People get crazy with their reviews and just complain. I stayed here for one week August 18-25th for $80/night and enjoyed my room and stay in 1722. The room was clean, had a comfortable bed and a gorgeous view. One only thing that bothered us was that the ac motor was loud but we called and they came right away to fix it. Something that annoyed me was this timeshare light skinned lady with blond highlighted hair interrupted my purchase of 3 Vallarta adventure trips worth about $400 by constantly interrupting the lady who was helping me. She kept asking the lady that was helping me for coupons, papers, etc for a time share participant. After more than a few times of interruption the lady who was selling me with the adventures finally told fake blondy that I was there first and she thought blondy was going to be quicker, which I appreciated. Other than that I would stay there again. It was in a great location and you could catch the bus right in front of the hotel for 6.5 pesos. It was a 15/20 min walk to the Malecon which was great. It's 5 blocks away from Pepe's if you want a late night meal of tacos. They can store your luggage for you if you need to check out but your flight doesn't leave until later. They also exchange your money for a fair amount(12.6 pesos/$1) for you just show them your passport. Everyone prefers pesos down there and will give you better prices if you have pesos handy. Staff was friendly, just treat people nice and they'll treat you the same way. Another bonus is xxox (convient store) is right across the street if you need snacks or water. You can also take bus to wal mart and buy snacks too. We didn't do all inclusive because I figured there would be restrictions and the food would get tiring. Plus, I wanted to try cheap local places. Sea monkey and cheeky monkey (owed by same person)had $10 breakfast for 2 and $1/$2 drinks. We did eat at La villita once and had hamburgers that were expensive (which we expected but it was raining so we didn't have many options) and not very good, but oh well big deal no harm done and we were starving so we ate the whole thing. I'd advise to take a yellow taxi from airport to hotel. We took a white one (prob airport taxis)for $19 to hotel. From hotel to airport yellow taxi was 80 pesos for about $6. We knew we were paying more, but we didn't know the tricks of the city yet. Find a shuttle or yellow taxi and you'll be better off. Great hotel, beautiful views, great room,great location, helpful staff, accommodating. Would stay again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relish the sun, the ocean, the extended landscaping, the entire exhuberant nature of the tropic from your own Deluxe ocean view room or the unique Ocean Front Shertaon Club Level. A few steps away from traditional downtown and 4 miles from Vallarta's International Airport. Appreciate a peaceful afternoon stroll on renovated Malecon and savor the friendliness of the locals; admire the city's distinctive architecture with red-tiled roofs, lush tropical gardens, cobblestone streets and the Guadalupe church.Enjoy our fine cuisine restaurants and bars, shop a variety of clothing, silver and souvenirs in the boutiques, and relax in the SPA taking an unparalleled massage in our unique cabin's next to the ocean or immersed in lush gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Ebookers, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Sheraton Buganvilias Resort & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Buganvilias Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Sheraton Buganvilias Resort And Convention Center
- Sheraton Puerto Vallarta
- Puerto Vallarta Sheraton