Sheraton Buganvilias Resort & Convention Center
US$338
Bookit.com
Sunset Plaza Beach Resort & Spa(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
US$312
US$212
Bookit.com
Villa Premiere Boutique Hotel & Romantic Getaway(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
US$288
US$276
US$472
US$251
  • Pool
Now Amber Puerto Vallarta(Puerto Vallarta)
US$631
US$308
Hotels.com
  • Beachfront
Barcelo Puerto Vallarta(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
US$398
US$197
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Mousai(Puerto Vallarta)
US$408
US$370
  • Pool
Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
US$195
Casa Velas(Puerto Vallarta)
US$536
US$487
3,987 results
All reviewstime shareclub levellobby barvacation clubocean viewclose to downtownall inclusive packagemexican fiestaconcierge desktimeshare presentationbuffet restaurantpool sidefood and drinksnice resortspent a weeka la carte restaurantslounge chairs
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 May 2009

My fiancee and I spent there 5 fabulous days. The hotel is very close to town, we walked there every single day. Our room was very spacious and was overlooking the ocean, we could see the whole bay. They had an amazing buffet every morning. The staff was very attentive and nice, particularly that waiter by the pool area, I think his name was Roberto... We are ready to go back... as a matter of fact we learned today that we are going back in November as our good friends are getting married there. Can't wait.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank suntan1044
Reviewed 5 May 2009

Room : I had booked an ocean king room but on checking in, was shown to a room on the club lounge level with an outdoor terrace. Naturally I did not complain, just assumed the hotel had given me an upgrade. When I saw the other rooms in this hotel, they were all very old and dated. The lower the floors, the worst it became. When I checked out, to my surprise they wanted to charge me double of what my reservation was confirmed for!! When I complained, the lady from the reservation took my confirmed reservation (make sure you always have that handy with this hotel) and went to check. She came back and explained it was a "mistake" that I was put in the "wrong" room and that she would charge me the cheaper rate. Well you would have thought that was a given for any international hotel chain.

Service - generally OK, but most of the time you have to work very hard at attracting waiters for service. I had tipped about 10% at restaurants since the receipt you sign has an empty space for gratuity, but imagine on checking out, there is a mandatory service charge already per night based on your room rate!! I was never told about this, so it was a bit cheap of the hotel to do that.

Business Centre : The people running the business centre certainly held their hands out for tips!! My photocopying cost 15 pesos and I gave him 20 pesos and he told me he had no change and that is was only 5 pesos, not much money at all. If it is not much money, then why keep it as his tip?

If it were not for the convention that was being held at the hotel, I would not come. It's not really a resort you can relax, it's mostly a convention hotel.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank lovetotravelhk
Reviewed 29 April 2009

I liked this hotel. We stayed at the "Condo" side of it because I own a timeshare. Our room had a great view of the ocean (the resort is right on the beach - albeit the "rockier" portion of the beach, but nice nonetheless). It's within walking distance to downtown, and if you don't want to walk you can take the bus (the bus stop is right outside) for about 50 cents (5.5 pesos to be exact).

The pool area was nice - there are two pool areas. The "condo" side had a middle island where the hot tub (largest hot tub I've ever seen) is located. The cool thing is that there are iguanas living on that little island so you can view some wildlife while you're at the pool. My friend said she saw two of them actually swimming in the pool at one point. The hot tub was super large, but it wasn't necessarily hot or bubbly - it was nice though. The drinks at the pool were strong and they have a drink that's called the "Coco Loco" which is some type of super strong rum drink inside of a coconut. The prices were about the average resort price - about 4 or 5 bucks for a drink.

The maid staff at the hotel were good, although since they have a lot of area to clean in the condo side they kind of take a while. I called down for more towels instead of getting maid service one day because I was hanging out in the room, and they came up right away and instead of just handing me towels at the door they came in and put the towels where they needed to be and emptied our trash while they were at it.

The room was nice - it was a one bedroom condo room. The couches in the living room are somewhat hard, but not bad. The bed was super comfortable - it was a normal length but wider than normal, so that was good for stretching out in. The lighting could use a little updating, but it was okay.

If you aren't interested in sitting through a 90 minute presentation about "fractional ownerships" or timeshares or anything of that nature, try not to talk too much to the people at the tables at check in. After checking in they will guide you over to a person at a table and they will start going over the map of the resort and stuff like that. They'll then ask you if you want to join them for a free breakfast, lunch or dinner. This is where they try to sign you up for a presentation. Just say you don't want to sign up for anything right now, give some type of excuse, and get outta there and go to your hotel room. Otherwise they'll pressure you into signing up for it. But, if you do want to sit through the presentation they do give you pretty good deals on stuff like snorkeling and the Mexican Fiesta party. It's your choice.

Overall I'd stay there again. Everyone was friendly and the resort was kept up nice. If you go to a hotel farther into downtown they get kind of crummy.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with friends
2  Thank LfromVegas
Reviewed 29 April 2009

Room not clean. Ordinary but expensive food. Front desk and so-called manager/concierge indifferent. Waiters indifferent. No beach. Pool water way too hot. Complaint sent to hotel as well as headquarters: no response from either. Conclusion? We'll avoid Sheratons for the rest of our lives.

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled on business
2  Thank SandraQuebec
Reviewed 24 February 2009

Stayed on 21st floor in Club Level with great view of ocean and pools below. Room was clean and attractive, bed comfortable. Nice, comfortable public spaces.

However, there were too many serious negatives. Every day from 9 am until late in the evening we had to keep our windows closed because the techno music blared from the huge pool deck below. It was sad to have a beautiful oceanfront room without the sounds of the sea because our windows had to remain closed. And from our ocean view room we were distressed to see the scummy water ringing the beaches; consequently very few guests went into the ocean; we had to be content with swimming in the pools. Those that did go to the beach had to constantly rebuff assertive vendors who often made unkind remarks in Spanish after being politely told, "no thanks". The Club level rooms offered a breakfast bar that was very skimpy and not worth the extra cost. And finally, the time share salespeople were set up in the hotel lobby right outside the bank of elevators; they were extremely aggressive and it was a hassle trying to avoid them each time you left your room. I must admit, though, that I did spend some time at the open bar next to time share desk and it was quite fascinating to see the salespeople pounce on newly arrived guests.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with friends