I read several reviews before visiting in Sept. 2012 but still I had a few surprises. My largest problem was: I had to light the stove with a match ! I was so shaken, it keep blowing out or I turn knob in wrong direction and fire went out several times. Once I got a fire I cooked everything at once and stored in ice box. I usually swim after the sun started to set, I found the pools all had warm water some too warm for swimming. The only spa they had was not working well, I was told they will fix it. I was in the very last building far away from Bldg 6 that others said to stay away from. The Resturant was cheap and the food was good but the Rum forgot to join my drink! The time share people was very nice but like other places the 90 minutes turned in 3 hours or more. What you will do for a free trip! smile. My free trip was suppose to be a tour on a air condition bus; I sit in the lobby, first to arrive then a family of 6 then a family of 4 then a couple. Well I speak English only and when a Tour guild can in the lobby she call off all their name but I didn't hear anything that sound like my name. So I went over to Guest Services and ask was I suppose to following the other people? I was told yes, I let them all know I did not like being over looked, after all I spoke with Guest Service and was told to sit, the tour guild had my name on list but didn't call it. (easy name I should add). The bus was an open air bus, when we stop to go in a Jewelery Store and bathroom stop I ask driver when am I going to get on my Air Condition Bus? The Bus drivers spoke to each other and I was put on the bus I was suppose to be on. Did I mention I go to Mexico for 9 year now so I know what I am suppose to get! Everyone else stayed on that Hot Open Air Bus all day. I know because we made the same stops. LOL The cleaning services was great, I could complant about smaill things but no real need. The Beach is better on either end of property, you can walk off our property on to other and its ok. A wonderful very large Mall right across the street, they want you to walk in and out the main gate but if you are in bulding 20 or so, you can cut right across the parking lot, cross the street and save 15 or 20 mins. walk. I found that out midway my trip, LOL.
They do not take all credit cards! I gave them a Discover Card at check out and after I signed off on the sale. The Reservations Manager Mario Sanchez told me Park Royal does not except Discover Card I ask why he had no good answer even before he came out of his office he made me wait then he spoke with a man for a long time about personal things then the wife came and he spoke with her and another female all while he knen I was waiting to speak to him since the guy helping me did not speak English at all. The front desk was ran by people that spoke no English, I had to look around myself for someone to help me! the worker pass by without an answer to my Good Morning each day! Perhaps they are told not to be friendly because a smile is a smile and it is always a good thing right !
Anyway I meant two wonderful couples and I guy that will be my new emails buddies, the guy now lives in Mexico from the States! Will stay intouch till next I visit !
Could be a Los Tules love connection, smile.
Oh you have to go on the Pirate Ship ,seen the show 9 times and love it each time!
Next year I will return to my time share next door (Sunshine Plaza) the new tall Orange building.
Employee are very funny even the ones that speak no English, make you feel like family. smile
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Los Tules Park Royal is located within Los Tules right in the hotel zone in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. An oceanfront condominium-style resort located 2 miles from the airport and 3 mile from downtown Vallarta. Los Tules is nestled on a twenty-acre plantation of coconut palms fronting a half-mile of beautiful sandy Bandera's Bay beach. Stroll along the brick-tile footpaths, through lush tropical gardens to your private colonial Mediterranean style condo. All rooms are designed to be used as separate units with individual entrances but can be combined into a full condominium with interconnecting doors, should the same party book more than one room. You can also enjoy our 7 swimming pools, 4 children pools, poolside restaurant-bar, 5 lighted Tennis courts and if you like golf, Puerto Vallarta's most challenging golf courses are just minutes away! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Otel, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Los Tules Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Los Tules Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Puerto Vallarta Los Tules
- Los Tules Puerto Vallarta