“the real feel of Mexico”

Park Royal Los Tules Resort
Ranked #48 of 123 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Reviewed 27 October 2012

los tules has the largest beach front in PV, plus seven pools and special grounds. it has the true feel of Mexico. the units are all pleasantly large with each having a spacious veranda.

this is not a high rise choked full of people, crowded pools, screaming kids and loud music. if your looking for peace and romance this is your place.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank lulusedona
There are newer reviews for Park Royal Los Tules Resort

Reviewed 26 October 2012

I love Los Tules!! Gardens, brick walkways, 8 pools (a couple are adult only), restaurant with good food, helpful staff, and views of the Bay and City. Close to the Malecon, Groceries and everything else at the mall across the street. Bldg #15, 3rd floor penthouse has a large private deck with a wonderful 180* view of beach and crashing waves. Sunsets cant be beat any where else! Daily maid service, Many of us return to Los Tules yearly, that must tell you something!

Room Tip: Some units do not have ocean frontage
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank jantri
Reviewed 25 September 2012

I read several reviews before visiting in Sept. 2012 but still I had a few surprises. My largest problem was: I had to light the stove with a match ! I was so shaken, it keep blowing out or I turn knob in wrong direction and fire went out several times. Once I got a fire I cooked everything at once and stored in ice box. I usually swim after the sun started to set, I found the pools all had warm water some too warm for swimming. The only spa they had was not working well, I was told they will fix it. I was in the very last building far away from Bldg 6 that others said to stay away from. The Resturant was cheap and the food was good but the Rum forgot to join my drink! The time share people was very nice but like other places the 90 minutes turned in 3 hours or more. What you will do for a free trip! smile. My free trip was suppose to be a tour on a air condition bus; I sit in the lobby, first to arrive then a family of 6 then a family of 4 then a couple. Well I speak English only and when a Tour guild can in the lobby she call off all their name but I didn't hear anything that sound like my name. So I went over to Guest Services and ask was I suppose to following the other people? I was told yes, I let them all know I did not like being over looked, after all I spoke with Guest Service and was told to sit, the tour guild had my name on list but didn't call it. (easy name I should add). The bus was an open air bus, when we stop to go in a Jewelery Store and bathroom stop I ask driver when am I going to get on my Air Condition Bus? The Bus drivers spoke to each other and I was put on the bus I was suppose to be on. Did I mention I go to Mexico for 9 year now so I know what I am suppose to get! Everyone else stayed on that Hot Open Air Bus all day. I know because we made the same stops. LOL The cleaning services was great, I could complant about smaill things but no real need. The Beach is better on either end of property, you can walk off our property on to other and its ok. A wonderful very large Mall right across the street, they want you to walk in and out the main gate but if you are in bulding 20 or so, you can cut right across the parking lot, cross the street and save 15 or 20 mins. walk. I found that out midway my trip, LOL.
They do not take all credit cards! I gave them a Discover Card at check out and after I signed off on the sale. The Reservations Manager Mario Sanchez told me Park Royal does not except Discover Card I ask why he had no good answer even before he came out of his office he made me wait then he spoke with a man for a long time about personal things then the wife came and he spoke with her and another female all while he knen I was waiting to speak to him since the guy helping me did not speak English at all. The front desk was ran by people that spoke no English, I had to look around myself for someone to help me! the worker pass by without an answer to my Good Morning each day! Perhaps they are told not to be friendly because a smile is a smile and it is always a good thing right !
Anyway I meant two wonderful couples and I guy that will be my new emails buddies, the guy now lives in Mexico from the States! Will stay intouch till next I visit !
Could be a Los Tules love connection, smile.
Oh you have to go on the Pirate Ship ,seen the show 9 times and love it each time!
Next year I will return to my time share next door (Sunshine Plaza) the new tall Orange building.
Employee are very funny even the ones that speak no English, make you feel like family. smile

Room Tip: If you want piece of mind Building in high numbers I was in 20. Like noise Unit #6 I was told.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank SadeNY
Reviewed 24 September 2012

My friend and I stayed in a one bedroom condo at Los Tules Resort in December, 2011. It was on the third floor and yes, there are no elevators, so it wouldn't work for small children or handicapped vacationers. However, the condo was beautiful, with french doors that opened all the way around, so you had an open air concept. Nice kitchen, beautiful view and yes, the mattresses are very firm. Alway have been, and always will be, when you're in Mexico. The front desk women are "required" to pitch a presentation, but I just said I was not interested at all, and they did not hound me. The grounds of this resort are beautiful, well manicured and vast. There are many pools, but the water is not heated, so it's nippy. The food at the little poolside restaurant was delicious, and we actually had dinner there 3 different nights. We also loved the "special" margarita's with Grand Marnier. This resort is very quiet and peaceful. There are no activities, music, etc. (one of the waiter's will sing for you, if you'd like!). Just relaxation at it's best, and friendly staff. Also, extremely large and effective fans in the condo, made it cool and comfortable. I would definitely go back, in fact we ARE going back in January 2013. My only issue, was the beach towel office, was ridiculously far away from the beach or pools. Would be nice to open a stand, somewhat closer to them. Oh, also, there is a great grocery store (Solaris) right across the street, to stock up your kitchen.

Room Tip: I booked through Royal Holiday Club
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 September 2012 via mobile

My wife and me were at this property back in August, as part of a timeshare, the experience was good in general, large property with quiet gardens to walk, not so clean swiming pools with cold wather in most of them, avarege staff at front desk, friendly bell boys and waiter at Cafe Chapultepec, good food at this restaurant athough pricey for its value, very good room service but have to pay everything in cash or credit card there is no room charge, our aparment with nice sea view and three bed rooms was dated but well maintained, the bed and pillows were really unconfortable and some pillows were dirty, they recently change common air conditioner for mini splits (nice touch) the cleaning was done daily by a friendly apartment maid; the resting beach place was old and with trash from the day before, the place for beach towels was far from the main places and at the parking lot; the property is near down town and main places for fun and dinner, I recomend this place in the future although they have to make changes.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Leon G
Reviewed 8 September 2012

We were here in August . First as to Puerto Vallarta itself, we were worried about heat, rain and bugs, coming as we were in what we had heard was the hot-rainy-buggy season. While there was some heat, some rain and some bugs it was not nearly as bad as imagined. As to Los Tules, this is a good deal for the price. There is no luxury, however, three of us were in a two story, two bedroom condo with three bathrooms, kitchen, peak-a-boo ocean views and a large balcony ... plenty of space to stretch out. The ocean beach was not much at all, but the grounds and numerous pools were well kept up. I have heard that rooms in one of the buildings get a lot of noise from a nearby disco and late at night I could hear a far away thump thump thump from it, but not loud enough to keep me up. This is not a luxury place, and there is not much to do on the actual premises, but it was a good base camp from which to explore the area. The restaurant by the main pool has a very limited menu, but comes in handy.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank REH999
Reviewed 14 July 2012

Stayed in rooms #1201 and 1203.Pros: Patio twenty yards from ocean. Excellent comarardere with couple we stayed with. Staff very polite and helpfull. Maid repaired airconditioner, see below.Cons: Killed four large cockroaches in two days at night.Had to spray room myself to keep bugs down, even though resort foged outside daily. Iimmediatley reported batroom fan and dinning room light not functional. Never repaired, nor do I think it will be, shower/tub ceiling moldy black and clothes line in tub very black with mold. On our arrival the night of 7/9/12 air conditioner went out a 2:00 a.m. reported first thing in the morning to staff and not fixed until the afternoon by the wonderfull maid who went to town to get new breaker. Used every towel available to seal doors and windows to stop rooms from thorouhly flooding the night of 7/10, Poor lighting through out units. Took one hour to brew a pot of coffee. Overall dirty rooms.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple