“A GEM from Mark in Chicago”
Review of Hotel Mercurio

Hotel Mercurio
Ranked #61 of 122 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Reviewed 25 February 2013

i go to Puerto Vallarta about 5 times a year and always stay at Hotel Mercuio. The staff is out of this world English and Spanish spoken..I would never stay anywhere else......I just returned again from 13 days staying at Mercurio and i want to thank them for making me feel right at home. I have to be honest and did not want to write a review because i wanted Hotel Mercurio all to myself.......

Most hotels at homophobic such as Los Arcos and you can not even bring an American Friend to your room EVER unless they are staying there.

Room Tip: pool is great, if you want really quiet request the king room facing the street.
1  Thank Mark F

Reviewed 14 February 2013

I just returned from a short stay at Mercurio in PV. The hotel is a pleasant place to stay. It's location is great. The staff are very helpful. Breakfasts are great and very social. Alex at the front desk is a bit cool but not pretentious. The manager is always around and helpful. You gotta like a hotel that has a board posted for all employees with an organization goal and specific steps to achieve that goal outlined. The rooms are plain but comfortable. They are very clean. The bathroom is the most outdated part of the room but it is maintained and clean. The management readily admits in their in-room guide that they are pouring profits into renovating the hotel and you definitely see evidence of that. Hopefully, bathrooms is high on the list. Unfortunately, I had to leave early because I injured myself on one of the gay day cruises (it should have never gone out knowing how bad the ocean was and I will review it separately). Back to Mercurio - they understood my situation - and allowed me to check out early without charging for the time I originally booked. I've stayed at other hotels that wouldn't be so considerate. For this reason alone, I rate them excellent. Excellent in customer service. I would recommend Mercurio to anyone.

Room Tip: Only drawback: although staying around the pool keeps out street noise, there is a happy hour every...
1  Thank SanFranciscoKaycey
Reviewed 14 February 2013

It was my first time in Mexico, I spoke no Spanish, and knew no one in Puerto Vallarta. The staff and guests at the Hotel Mercurio help make my stay fun, adventurous, and very safe. I read all the reviews, and still everything exceeded my expectations.

Every guest I met at the Mercurio had been there before and were planning to come back. I'm going back.

Reviewed 9 February 2013

I come to PV fairly often and usually with friends. We always stay here due to location and the amazing staff.The rooms are just average, it really is all about their amazing staff and the great location. I recommend this hotel to everyone, just keep in mind, this is not a 5 star hotel, accommodation wise, but is 5 star thanks to the staff.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 February 2013

My partner and I stayed just completed our 2nd stay at HM and we have already booked our rom for next year. The HM is conveniently located, it is always very clean and the staff is so wonderful. They are friendly and attentive. We enjoy the morning breakfast and the community feel that is present among the guests. We know there are other choices, but we keep going back to HM for the things I have said above.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 January 2013

Staying at Hotel Mercurio is one of the things that helps make my trips to PVR so special. It's a beach side hotel that's about a thousand years old, and it reminds me of summers at the family cottage. The AMAZING staff helps perpetuate the family atmosphere as they do an excellent job maintaining the aging property and providing excellent customer service. I just don't know how you can beat it for the price...

Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 January 2013

My Partner and I stayed again in January..Again I will say a great staff that always is helpful and friendly. Rooms that are clean and comfortable. Great pool area to sit and meet other guest staying at the hotel.Age range while we where there was 20's to 60's. Most very nice but a few that didn't want to talk but thats ok too. Morning breakfast always good with selection of fresh fruit, bread and coffee cakes, fresh coffee with dulce, ALWAYS fresh eggs and an accompanying dish. What's NOT to love with Jorge in the afternoon at Happy hour. And as always, LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION!!!I agree its not the freshest hotel or most modern, but we ALWAYS are treated with respect and consider MANY of the staff friends!! And Gabriel, expect a call...we WILL be coming back!!!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple