Hotel Mercurio
Flamingo Vallarta Hotel & Marina(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
US$98
US$56
US$338
US$241
US$211
Barcelo Puerto Vallarta(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
US$315
US$228
  • Breakfast included
Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
US$139
US$133
  • Beachfront
Velas Vallarta(Puerto Vallarta)
US$521
US$330
  • Breakfast included
The Westin Resort & Spa, Puerto Vallarta(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
US$131
  • Beachfront
Hotel Mousai(Puerto Vallarta)
US$436
US$370
  • Pool
Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
US$195
US$173
US$238
US$232
All reviewsgay beachgay hotelblue chairszona romanticaevery morningpool areayogurtrooms are basicplenty of hot waterking roomsmall hotelromantic zonelocation is greatceiling fansmall poolfirst floorpoolside bar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 May 2013

THis was our 4th time at Mercurio, and was as GREAT as ever!! Just off season but very nice crowd. On Friday evening, we met and talked with a couple from Guadalajara, and 2 single guys from SF and Mexico City. We had a great time and were chatting away even though we didnt all speak the same language. We helped each other understand. This is why we stay here. If your looking for fun and meeting new people...this is it!! And thanks again to the whole staff, who ALWAYS make us feel like we have a 2nd home with them!!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mike44126
Mercuriostaff, Owner at Hotel Mercurio, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2013

Thanks for the kind and generous comments! We are, I believe, very fortunate to have the best staff any hospitality business could want. Most of our team have been with us for many years...several from our beginning in 2002. Because we are a family (a family who has chosen to be family...the most powerful kind of family!), our guests feel like family while visiting. That, for us, is of the greatest importance.

I also appreciate your mention of the friendly ambience at Mercurio. The opportunity to meet new people, find new friends, and share experiences with people from different cultures and backgrounds is what travel is all about. It is an opportunity that seems not so common for those who choose large, impersonal, cookie-cutter resorts. Those who opt for vacation condo rentals miss out the most in this regard, because condo-renters tend to cocoon. They eat at local restaurants less frequently, they interact with local people and fellow-travelers less, and thus have a far less rewarding travel experience. Hotel Mercurio will always proudly remain an intimate gathering place that brings people from all walks of life together!

Reviewed 13 April 2013 via mobile

I stayed a full two weeks. The rooms were more than adequate. The location was perfect. Close to the beach, restaurants and bar. Happy hour was a blast. I will definatrly stay there again. Love you guys

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank Sokoloski
Reviewed 25 March 2013

This is probably my 5th time here and as always everything was awesome. Everyone including Gabriel were awesome. The complimentary breakfast is a nice touch and free wireless thruout the building perfect. I did have to phone back to the states so the free use of the phone was perfect. Cant wait to return.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank windycityguy
Reviewed 20 March 2013

I stayed at the Mercurio for a few nights after my long-term rental on a nearby condo expired and my travel companions returned to the US before me. The Mercurio is a perfect place to spend these gaps at the beginning or end of a vacation because it is so social. Although the decor was rather plain, my room was private, safe and quiet. I slept really well. The real strength of the Mercurio is not in its bedrooms but in the public spaces. I always want to spend my waking hours around the pool or out on the town anyway, so I don't worry about the bedroom as much. The pool area, the heart of the complex, is a very inviting place to hang out midday. I had the space almost entirely to myself one afternoon and it felt super indulgent. I met lots of great guys at happy hours and the breakfasts are a real strong suit here. Although I would not choose Mercurio for an extended stay due to the per-night cost, I am pleased to return periodically for these shorter stays. I recognized several repeat customers from past years; I certainly understand the attraction. As is my usual experience at Mercurio, I got excellent service from the entire staff.

Room Tip: I strongly prefer the street side rooms because they get better light and offer more privacy, but the pool facing rooms are clearly more social, You will certainly feel more connected to all the action if you get a pool facing room. I leave it to you to decide if that's your thing.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 March 2013 via mobile

Gay Fortune 500 US Consultant Here. This Place Saved Our Vacation After 2 Nights At Playa Los Arcos (Aka Playa Los Chit House) Mercurio Gets 5 Stars In My Book. Modern Room, Nice Bar And Pool. Amazing Staff.

• Stayed: March 2013