“Clean Friendly and a great value”
Review of Hotel Mercurio

Hotel Mercurio
Ranked #59 of 123 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I was worried about booking the hotel based on some of the reviews. Granted the hotel has some outdated parts, however this is what allows the rates to be so competitive! Ultimatly the two most important points are:

1. AMAZING Staff
2. Very clean rooms and common areas

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

I just stayed here over the 4th of July weekend. The rooms were very modest, and comfortable enough. I read some of the negative reviews and I never felt scammed like other reviews noted. My room was on the 2nd floor overlooking the pool. It was clean but dated....but I was there to have fun so I didn't hang in the room much. I do wish I had a king size bed. Location was great to the bars and restaurants and to blue chairs beach...10 min walk either direction. Staff at the hotel were great! Very nice! And it was a huge plus to have a bar on site. I'd for sure stay here again! I'd stay in rooms 101,102,or 103....poolside rooms.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank jeffjnok
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Awesome service. Fun Sunday pool party. Jorge the bartender was fantastic and a lot of fun!! The hot breakfast was more than I expected. The rooms are definitely due for updating, but the location and price more than make up for it.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Its been almost 3 years since the last time I stayed at the Mercurio and I can honestly say I had a great time. The hotel is slap bang in the centre of Zona Romantica, close to the beach and bars of PV. The Mercurio offers great value and excellent service.

The rooms are a little small and dated but are clean, beds are very comfortable and serve there purpose.

The pool area and bar are great, happy hour is good fun and although finished for the summer Burgers Beers and Boyz was a lot of fun. Non-guests are welcome to come to the bar so there does be a great buzz early in the evening.

The staff were amazing, always smiling and willing to help you out. I had a problem with my mobile phone and Alex was able to direct me to a place that fixed phones. But to be honest ALL the staff, Gabriel and Paul deserve a mention because from the moment I checked in to the moment I checked out I was made to feel welcome.

I cant wait to go back both to PV and the Mercurio

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We just came back from PV and were staying at Mercurio for five days. Hotel was very clean and everything worked just fine - shower, toilet, AC and refrigerator. Staff was very friendly and helpful. It is a short walk to the gay beach and closed to all the good places in town (clubs, bars, restaurants, etc...) We had a great time there and would definitely come back and stay again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bayareaasian
Reviewed 6 May 2014

At first we were skeptical about staying in a gay hotel in PV. but after some many reviews and the location my partner and I decided to give it a try.
the Staff at this small hotel were very helpful and accommodating, we enjoyed our stay. we had couple of concerns, it seems that there have not been any upgrades to the property for while, and the condition of the furniture seemed old worn. bed was in the hard side and some detail cleaning needs to be done. however the stay was pleasant and we found it very close to everything in zona romantica; restaurants, clubs and beach. Our experience was good and the hotel is not expensive.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Fervijeeo
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Our 5th time staying at Mercurio and still love it. Again its the staff and location that puts it above the rest! 10 day visit and felt like home after 30 minutes. Gabriel and rest of staff greeted us with hugs when we arrived! We got our 3rd floor king room, great space and clean. Room was cleaned every day, and we had no problems..little advice...TIP!!! The wages in Mexico are low and 50 peso's is a lot to workers there. They were updating the patio furniture while we were there, and doing an excellent job at it. Yes it's a little rough around the edges, but we stay there because we always meet and become friends with other travelers staying there. And coffee was out by 7:30 and a GREAT breakfast by 8:30 at the latest. The owner is a wonderful man who is trying his best, and we in the gay community need to help him. Its not like he isn't putting money into the Hotel, but has to delegate where it goes,,infrastructure 1st. We will ALWAYS stay there when we are in PV, and are so glad we stayed there many years ago! They are friends and make us always feel welcome and safe! We have never had noise issues in the 5 times we have stayed there.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple