Vamar Vallarta All Inclusive Marina and Beach Resort
  • Beachfront
  • Breakfast included
  • Beachfront
  • Pool
Club Regina Puerto Vallarta(Puerto Vallarta)
Casa Velas(Puerto Vallarta)
1,693 results
All reviewsocean sideshrimp burgeritalian restaurantsuperior roomheated poolstar resortfamily vacationswim up bargreat vacationalfredomanuelhuberpoolspesosfranciscobellboyliquor
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 October 2013

If you are looking for an inexpensive but nice hotel to stay while in Puerto Vallarta this hotel is fantastic! I travel to Puerto Vallarta 3 to 4 times a year and this past September was the first time I stood at this hotel. The Vamar is located at the Marina. I was a little apprehensive staying at this hotel because it is located across the street from the beach so there are no ocean view rooms. However, the hotel has beach front property right across the street. Easy walking distance with easy access to the beach/ocean and two additional swimming pools that back up to the ocean. I decided to try this hotel out because I was not planning on spending much time in my room this trip and you could not beat the price. I went the last week of September and the cost was 2/3 less than what I usually pay for a beach front hotel room. I had a balcony suite room located on the 6th floor which overlooked the main swimming pool and Marina. Also had great views of the mountains surrounding Puerto Vallarta. My room was huge and had a full kitchen. I even had a full size refrigerator in my room.

The location of the hotel is perfect! You can walk around the Marina which is full of shops, bars and restaurants. The beach is a short walk across the street. To get to downtown Puerto Vallarta you can either take a 10 min taxi ride for about $10.00 or for about .40 cents you can take the bus which is always a fun experience.

The hotel is by far not a 5-star resort but it is a nice clean hotel, perfectly located, fantastic staff, and for the price you can not beat it!!!! While I will not stay here every time I visit PV because sometimes you want the 5-star experience, but if you are on a budget or just do not want to spend all of your vacation money on your hotel room this hotel is perfect!

Room Tip: If you go to bed early you may want to ask for a room as far away from the lobby as possible. There is a bar located in the lobby area which nightly parties with loud music way into the night! Otherwise if you like to party you are good to go!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank lramirez23
Reviewed 30 October 2013

we went at Vamar Vallarta mid oct (low season) as soon as we arrive the hotel we were assisted right away and brought to our room with 2 double bed.. that 's ok eventhough we were familiy of 3..
the room was clean and spacious, and we had a very nice view of the pool and the marina. the food is good.. but my only complaint is all the crowe and pigeons are eating at the same time on the marina area..
the server are awesome very nice specially our server named Abel..
the bar at the pool was great as we have a great server as well named Pedro.. he was the nicest and greatest bar tender that we me and my husband met... very very nice i would give 5 star for him...
the resort overall is good 3 star..
but my only complaint is there was tiny tiny ants in the room and in the morning we all have bites in our legs specially my daughter and we are not sure if from ants or bed bugs..

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 24 September 2013

When we first arrived at our hotel we were greeted right away. The receptionist and hotel staff were very accommodating. The views of the marina and beach are gorgeous and breathtaking. However, be weary of the timeshare people who prey on Americans in the hotel lobby, they offer people all types of deals in order to get people to go watch a 75 minute timeshare presentation, this was a major inconvenience for us, because we wasted time and energy but never received what was promised to us. The superior suite we stayed in was nice, we didn't use the kitchen and the maid service was nice and efficient. The food was okay and the drinks were the same. Bees are in the outside area by the bar and lunch areas so be aware. Although most of the hotel patrons were mostly Spanish, we expected to see more American tourist like we usually see while on vacation. Would we come back to Puerto Vallarta? Yes. Would we stay at hotel Vamar? It's not likely.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bunnycookies
Reviewed 26 August 2013

I bought this trip on groupon for my best friend & I for a summer vaca at the end of June 2013. We had a great time even though the weather wasn't the best. The staff was amazing, very helpful & informative. The food was what you would expect at an all inclusive. The restaurant was the best food & I highly recommend eating there. The drinks weren't that strong, so you had to order them that way. Strawberry margaritas were very popular & they were often out of the mix. Every room has a balcony facing the pool/marina & I very much enjoyed sitting there at night enjoying a drink & the view. Thanks again!

Room Tip: All the rooms have the same view. The do not have block out shades. Tile floor.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Calisungirl2
Reviewed 21 August 2013

My best friend and I came to this resort to celebrate her 21st birthday and most of our vacation was great. the people seemed friendly and the exterior of the hotel was nice. We were happy with our room, however, housekeeping walks into your room whether you tell them to or not, which we found out the hard way one morning while we were sleeping. The woman knocked a couple of times and even though I told her to hold on because I was going to open the door, she barged right in anyway. Also there was no phone, the tv picture was static on every channel, and there is definitely a bug problem. I was lying in bed on my iPad and a cockroach crawled right up next to me. There is also and extensive ant problem in the rooms and throughout the rest of the hotel. Despite these issues, we were enjoying ourselves. However, it all came crumbling down the night before our last full day here when $160 was stolen from us in the safety deposit box in our room. The room did not seem to be broken into while we weren't there and the safety deposit box did not seem to be broken into. The only time we would leave it unlocked was when we were in the room. Because of that, I believe someone robbed us while we were sleeping, which is ABSOLUTELY UNACCEPTABLE! When the situation was brought to the managers attention, he had nothing but stories that simply DID NOT make sense. A great vacation gone EXTREMELY wrong. We would NEVER come back and don't recommend anyone else to.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends