Vamar Vallarta All Inclusive Marina and Beach Resort
Ranked #40 of 123 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Reviewed 10 June 2014

So much fun the staff was amazing and really helpful the rooms were nice and it was a grest deal the all inclusive was worth it especially if you drink danny boy the activities guy is super cool i would for sure come back again best trip EVER!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Ground floor is awesome
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Megan R
Vamar V, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Vamar Vallarta All Inclusive Marina and Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear Megan,

It is motivating to know that your stay in Vamar Vallarta was really pleasant and look forward to being your host in a near future.

Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

We just spent the week here at Vamar Vallarta and had the most amazing time! The pool and bars were awesome, the food was great and the staff was wonderful! They had activities all throughout the day so there was always something to do. The activity coordinators, Alejandro and Daniel were amazing! They essentially were in charge of making sure everyone had a great time and they did their job fantastically! I definitely recommend it and I will definitely be back!

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank KatieRose12

Thank you very much for choosing Vamar Vallarta.

It is a pleasure to know that your stay was satisfactory and that our facilities, food and service of our staff were excellent.

Thanks again and hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again in a near future and again serve you as you deserve.

Cordially yours,

Reviewed 6 June 2014

We got back recently from a 7-night stay at Vamar Vallarta, purchased through a Groupon. Overall, the trip was great -- any vacation experience is not determined just on the resort where you're staying. We made many trips out into town (Malecon/Boardwalk, Playa de los Muertos, Buceria, etc.) If you want to truly experience Vallarta -- you have to leave the resort!

As for the resort itself -- very mediocre. Check in was a breeze. We arrived on a Saturday. Let me say, the weekend atmosphere is completely opposite of weekday. A lot of local Mexicans bring their families to Vamar Vallarta for a day-pass, for the weekend, so the population is probably 20x busier on the weekend. Personally, we prefer a quieter atmosphere, so we appreciated the weekdays best.

The buffet is what makes this resort so mediocre. Since they limit the number of reservations at their a la carte restaurants (Seafood and Italian), you're limited to the buffet. The food is so bland and the meat very chewy. The Seafood restaurant is great, as is the Italian. I'd recommend the ceviche from Seafood and broccoli lasagna or pork stew from the Italian restaurant.

As many people have said, the staff is what makes this place enjoyable. Front Desk did not impress me at all. They did the bare minimum always. However, their other staff is great. Manuel at the main pool bar is friendly and always serves with a smile! Danny in activities knows how to host a great time and is always willing to chat. He speaks English fluently as well. Miguel the bell hop is also very happy and always friendly.

Will we return again? No. Did we have a great trip? Yes. You have a large, clean, cool room to sleep in at the resort. But, I'd recommend spending more time out in the city. Puerto Vallarta really has a lot to offer!

3  Thank Anna L

Dear Anna, thank you for sharing your comments.

We appreciate your positive comments about our specialties restaurantes and our staff.

On the other hand, we regret not having met your expectations and we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back and show you our improvements.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 24 May 2014

We booked this trip using a Living Social Deal. When we got to the property, the gentleman had difficulty finding our reservation. Once it was located, we were taken up to our room by a bell man. He brought in our bags and turned on the air conditioning. We went downstairs and asked for a "reservation" to the seafood restaurant as this was the only restaurant that was open for lunch. We were told that there were no more spots available for lunch even though there were only four people sitting in the place. We were then directed to the "buffet" for lunch. The buffet consisted of cold salads that didn't look like they were being held at the right temp. There was watery queso dip with nothing in it, just cheese sauce. We didn't eat anything and went over to a local restaurant for lunch. When we returned to the room after several hours, the hotel room was sweltering hot and the air conditioning wasn't working properly. We complained to management and they agreed to move us from the 7th floor to the 2nd in the hopes that it would be cooler. We moved into this room with high hopes but it remained hot. We had dinner in the Italian restaurant for dinner and it was okay. Nothing spectacular but we realized we couldn't be picky. We went across the street to the "beach party" only to realize that it was a pool party as the only part of the beach that was accessible was very rocky and not really suitable for swimming. We suffered through two nights before giving up and moving to another resort. Amazingly, when I got online to book another resort, I noticed that Vamar was being offered for $60 per night ("all-inclusive"). The staff were nice but it wasn't enough to make up for all of the other things that were wrong. Do yourself a favor and stay away!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Christina F
Vamar V, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Vamar Vallarta All Inclusive Marina and Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Thank you for your comments about our staff that is very motivating to know it and I apologize for the inconvenience on our services and be assure that we are working on improving every day to achieve the satisfaction of all our guest.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

First and foremost Puerto Vallarta was such a breathtaking place to vacation in. Vamar Vallarta was beautiful!! Check in was at 3pm, but they were able to check us in as soon as we arrived a little after 11a. Words cannot describe how friendly and welcoming people were as soon as we stepped out of the cab before check-in. We met Danny on our first day who was in charge of activities and he was so pleasant and lots of fun!!! All in all my boyfriend and I will definitely come back next year.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

We appreciate your comments and we are glad to know that you had an enjoyable holiday, which motivates us to keep improving day by day and meet the expectations of all our guest.

We look forward to welcoming you in a near future and do not hesitate to contact us to serve you as you deserve.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

I saw the Groupon for this Hotel and did a ton of research before I bought.
I purchased the Groupon in late December 2013. I
immediately e mailed the hotel to make my reservation.When I e
mailed, I made sure my chosen dates were not in any black out times
and booked the trip over may 17 through 20th. I immediately received
a response back from the hotel saying that all of these dates were
booked and they were unable to accommodate me. I emailed back
right away to say that I had already purchased airline tickets for those
dates and that I would not be willing to change my travel time.
Having booked 6 months in advance I figured I was safe for those
dates. The hotel staff reluctantly agreed to allow me to keep my
originally booked days.
A week before my scheduled travel I emailed to confirm
transportation to and from the hotel and they told me that it was not
included in the Groupon and I needed to acquire my own ride. Ok.
Their website for the hotel says the ride is included but whatever. It
was a 5 minute cab ride.
Upon arrival at the hotel the clerks at the front desk promptly ignored
us for about 35 minutes while they chatted with a family of 8 about
their pool usage. Apparently at Hotel vamar you can purchase a day
pass to use t heir facilities if you are a local resident. They gave
people wrist bands that we had to wear for the duration of our stay
and could not have access to anything without it. Different wrist
bands were for different people. Day pass bands were a different color.
This was a little upsetting for me because the pools were filled with
local children wearing underwear and cut off shorts as swim attire.
Not the most sanitary conditions. So they gave us our room keys and
no direction what so ever about how to get there. We found our room
which had a balcony that overlooked the pool, the room itself was
very dirty. it had a weird kitchen area that had no real purpose and
The air conditioning didn't work and when we walked outside our
door our view was a pile of old dirty mattresses, a partially
dilapidated building and an old shack with graffiti all over it. This is
on the the north west side of the main building. The alley beyond that
was an entrance to an apartment building. I tried to dial zero to ask for
a different room but the phone didn't work. We went down stairs and
they told us they would be glad to put us in a standard room for the
night and switch us the next day as the hotel was full. Ok. The
standard room was a lot cleaner and much quieter. So we took it and
went to the buffet. Disgusting. Flies on everything, nothing was
covered, no attempt to keep things sanitary and there was one buffet
table of hot food all geared toward children and one of salad items
like jello, pudding, donuts and a little fruit. The food was disgusting.
Virtually inedible. Breakfast was the only decent meal and it was
because they were making omelets however the eggs and toppings
were not covered or cooled properly. Clearly the food service
regulations are very different there. The bar was no cleaner. Fruit flies
everywhere, everything was sticky and nothing was chilled properly.
All the bottles behind the bar were open with no lids or caps. Very
gross.
The next day we were moved from our standard room to a villa. The
villa side is across the street and much much nicer. It is quieter and
the bars are far cleaner and better cared for. The bartenders on this
side are much friendlier. Tipping is appreciated and worth it because
they will make sure you are cared for while they're at work. The
grounds are very well kept. There is a snack bar on that side that was
equally as awful as the buffet. They offer hamburgers but the meat is
just out and not chilled or in a cooler. There are flies all over
everything and it is also geared towards kids with chicken nuggets,
french fries, pizza, etc. The pools are very nice on the villa side and
the ocean is there as well however there is NO beach. None. The
website is very misleading about that. There are also no hot tubs
anywhere on the property which is our favorite part of vacationing.
The website leads people to believe that there are hot tubs.
We were very disappointed.
A couple of things about the place that were odd. The did not have
bottled water. They serve glasses of water but if you wanted a bottle
you had to get it from the front desk and it was always warm because
it wasn't refrigerated. The water they serve is iffy. They say
it's from a 5 gal. Bottle of clean water but it doesn't taste like it. I
caution anyone who may drink it. There are cabanas on the villa side
that were up when we arrived but on Sunday they took them down
and didn't put them back up. They offered an ocean view and a place
to relax. It seems that the hotel only cares about the guests that are
staying on the weekend. All activities stopped on Monday morning
and they made no effort to accommodate those of us staying any
further. We even had to ask for clean towels which they argued with
us about getting. The Italian restaurant was ok.Not great. Better than
the buffet. The seafood place was awesome but they're only open for
lunch. There is a pizza place right next door to the hotel that was
awesome. Fresh delicious pizza and reasonably priced.

so the bottom line is that I think the Groupon was totally not worth it.
I had to buy airfare separately anyway and for a couple hundred dollars more we
could have stayed somewhere a lot nicer.

The photos of this hotel on their website are from a minimum of 10 years ago or more.
The info on the website is misleading. it looks nothing like the photos on the
website in real life and it is very dirty. Staff doesn't want to do
anything they don't absolutely have to do. I did go get a massage at
the spa and i will say that it was awesome. Well priced too. I was very
happy with it. I n the past we have visited other all inclusive resorts
and this place was by far the worst. we will never go back to Vamar
and we will caution anyone who thinks this is a good deal. You get
less than what you pay for at this place.

Room Tip: Get a Villa of you are choosing this Hotel. Nothing else is worth it.
6  Thank amy m

We are glad to know you had a good vacation and thank you for your comments about the seafood restaurant and we are working at bettering our variety between authentic mexican dishes with other international favorities.

We hope to see you on your next vacation.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

I really wish we can give this resort a better start rating because it has everything we wanted from a resort in Mexico, for example the seafood restaurants amazing. The have tostadas de ceviche, aguachiles, pescado sarandeado, many of the food you can only find at a true Mexican little restaurant. The Italian restaurant for dinner was also amazing. The one thing we did notice it’s that it’s not a true all inclusive well at least what we are used to, they give you little coupons with the amount of people they can serve if you don't have this coupons they won’t serve you at the restaurant. The only place that we notice didn’t require the coupons is the morning buffets and let me tell you it’s also amazing, homemade tortillas, yummy.

The hotel is very hard to explain some parts of the hotel are very nice but on the left wing facing the marina the property next to is very ugly and make this resort look very scary at night.

The hotel room the beds are very uncomfortable it feels very old.

Over all we did like the hotel however if you are looking for an all-inclusive resort like Melia's Riu, Palace resort don’t choose this property.

If you are looking to be part of what Vallarta is really all about and gets amazing authentic Mexican food this place could be the spot for you and your family.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family