My family with adult and teenaged kids and their significant others stayed for 12 days in September 2013 and we are already planning our return trip. The staff at this hotel go way beyond the norm to provide service and comfort and above all an overwhelmingly cheerful and friendly attitude. Nothing seemed impossible for this staff...a dancing horse on the beach at sunset, a mechanical bull-riding competition on the beach for guests, a trained sea lion visit by the pool, a tropical bird and reptile experience amongst other cabaret style buffet dinner shows with different themes several times a week. The beach soccer and volleyball competitions on the beach were fierce (the activities staff are unbeatable, Hola, Uri and Osi!) and dancing every night on the lobby dance floor so enjoyable. We enjoyed macrame bracelet making and finger painting on ceramic tiles at the beach. Discounted massages in the spa (Thank you Marra) were a great pleasure. The resort is a 5 minute taxi ride from the marina and 10 minute ride from the airport. The tourist shopping area can be reached by public bus or by the numerous taxis and is about 10 minutes away.
Our room was a lock-off style suite with kitchenette facilities that we didn't really make us of this time. The bedrooms were huge and our 3 bedroom suite overlooked the volleyball court on the end of one of the lower wing buildings (A and B). We never found noise a problem. Our rooms were always clean and smelled fresh, the air-conditioning was great and the beds were comfortable but firm. The pillows were too firm and lumpy for our liking but we obtained others from the housekeeping staff. There were a few signs of age, wear and repair in the bathroom and kitchen and in the tiled floor.
The food at all 3 restaurants was very good but not excellent if you are a food connoisseur. It was repetitive but it did not bother us or our teen/adult kids. Drink service at the pool and beach or in the restaurant was excellent and fun and friendly. Mixed drinks are dilute which I think is somewhat appropriate. I didn't notice any staggering drunken behaviour which I think was well-controlled and should be at a family-friendly resort.
The beach was nice, never any problem getting a chair. The surf is active with a break that wouldn't be suitable for young children but I noticed a calmer area by the jetty where parents took their small kids. The beach vendors were the politest I have ever encountered and were back from the lounging area which was bordered by a low decorative fence. The pool was clean but closed at 8 pm each night for cleaning and chemicals and it would have been nice if it had been open later. There is also an adult only infinity pool, a shallow children's pool and a hot tub. Security during the day and night seemed adequate and I didnt notice any strangers on the beach at night.
This is not a glitzy or glamorous resort, it is not a huge resort with multiple pools and Vegas-style shows, it is a cozy family-friendly fun resort where the staff will greet you every day like a friend and will give you a nickname and a high five (Hola, Sergio!). You won't be disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the best all-inclusive vacations in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico with the friendliest hotel! Friendly Vallarta Beach Resort & Spa offers incredible location in the hotel zone and a wide range of fun experiences. Friendly Vallarta Beach Resort & Spa is located in one of the most precious bays of the Mexican Pacific, with a unique location in front of the beach, in the heart of the hotel area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Friendly Vallarta All Inclusive Family Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hola Puerto Vallarta Club & Spa
- Hola Vallarta
- Hola Puerta Vallarta
- Hola Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Hola Puerto Vallarta Resort
- Hola Club Puerto Vallarta
- Hotel Hola Vallarta
- Hola Resort Puerto Vallarta
- Hola Club Spa Puerto Vallarta