“Will definitely return”

Ranked #20 of 124 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Weyburn
“Will definitely return”
Reviewed 15 December 2013

We just got back from a 7 day vacation at this resort. It lives up to its name. The staff were very friendly and very helpful .The front desk staff went above and beyond to helps us. Thanks to Abraham who sets up chairs and unbrellas on the beach. This guy works very hard and always has a smile! The rest of the staff were just as great. The rooms were very clean and the food good. It's a smaller resort and we met some great people. We will be back next year.

1 Thank Darcy M
Friendly V, Gerente at Friendly Vallarta All Inclusive Family Resort, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
Dear Darcy M:

It has been a pleasure to read all about your experience with us, we are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay! We hope to see you soon :)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (716)
British Columbia
Reviewed 15 December 2013

Just returned from a 10 day vacation at this resort. It is truly named FRIENDLY for a reason. Accolades go to the many staff who help run this resort (from Bus Boy, Reservations Desk, Activity Coordinators, Cleaning Staff, Servers, Cooks, Maintenance Staff, and beach support).
Special recognition goes to Abraham, the fellow who gets your lounge chairs, foam mattress', table and umbrellas on the beach. He always had a BIG smile, worked very hard and always had time to have a little chat every morning.
Food was good. My husband and I liked breakfast the best as there was always fresh fruit, yogurt, eggs, bacon, pancakes, refried beans, etc. Lunch and suppers at the buffet & beach restaurant were equally good. We always found something we liked to eat. The Gourmet Restaurant (reservations required) was very good. We attended that restaurant for 4 meals and enjoyed the elegant setting and excellent service (the menu stays the same, your choice of 4 or 5 appetizers and main entres).
There were always lots of activities from kayaking, beach volleyball, bingo, yoga, aquafit in the pool, spanish lessons, cooking lessons on the beach.
I noticed that the average age would be middle age, from 40-70. I think that teenagers might get a bit bored at this resort. But it is definitely perfect for couples.
Keep in mind that the resort is an older resort hence the furniture is worn and dated such as the couches in the lobby. But if you can bypass slightly older furniture ... you should have a great time. The resort is super clean. Staff are always cleaning. There is free internet access. Our room overlooked the ocean, Room 2103. Very large and nice and had a fridge (not all rooms have fridges). Will definitely return.
The only negative that I found at this resort was the amount of smokers sitting around the pool and the beach. Perhaps the resort could designate an area specifically for those that want to smoke.

2 Thank Syl_Brad
Dear Syl_Brad: Thank you so much for everything you say here on Tripadvisor, this will be really helpful to others, we really appreciate your suggestions. Come back soon, we will miss you! :)
Saskatoon, Canada
Reviewed 10 December 2013

Just got back from a week at the Friendly. Had such a great time. The staff were amazing!! Whatever we wanted or needed they provided. They all are so wonderful. The food is great. The staff is beyond description. Yes, they are that good!! We met guest after guest who had returned many times because of the personal service. Outstanding!! Thank you. Thank you. We will be back.

4 Thank Debby56
Dear Debby56.

Thank you so much for your excellent review, all your stay was very well detailed and we loved reading about it. Thanks for all the good things you said about us, we will be waiting for you on your next visit :)
Alberta
Reviewed 9 December 2013

As with most other reviews the hotel lived to to its name. the service was the best I've had at an all inclusive of similar and higher price points. there is not a single negative I could come up with for my week here .
the food was awesome, room was great with a beautiful room and perfectly cleaned every day.
every room in the hotel has a pool and ocean view!
i would definitely go back and recommend to anyone going to P.V.

cant wait until next time.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank calal1718
Dear calal1718.

It is so nice to hear that you enjoyed your holiday with us. We are working every day to improve our service, to make things even better!!! Thank you for sharing your experience. We hope to see you soon!!! :)
Westport, Connecticut
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Friendly is what it says it is. Other than one exception, the staff were always ready to help and always smiling. The exception was when my bag was missing when I checked in with our group. Not one front desk employee did any more than say they weren't responsible, and were very defensive. Only the bellhops showed concern, but there was nothing they could do. I had to beg for almost two hours for the front desk staff to call the travel agency or call the hotel where other passengers disembarked. After wasting precious hours, a passenger came to the lobby with my bag, which they took in place of theirs, even though it was clearly tagged and ribboned much differently from theirs. They had dropped off MY bag in their room while they went to lunch. I was both relieved and annoyed. The hotel staff had led us into another area to check in, without our bags, which I will not do again.

I still give the hotel a high rating because, despite the luggage incident, everyone made sure we had all we needed and wanted. I could see that some people came time and again and became friends with some of the waiters. It is nice to feel welcomed. I had a quiet room (1406), which is important to me. The bed was comfortable and the pillows were okay, too. Despite being relatively old, the hotel is very clean. The food was abundant and the drinks never watered down like they are at some all-inclusives. The hotel has an infinity pool for adults only, which is a plus. Friendly had a beautiful Thanksgiving dinner for their guests--Canadians, Mexicans, and those of us from the USA. About 48 round tables of 10 were set up on the beach and dinner was at sunset. At that moment, I realized how much I had to be thankful for. After dinner was entertainment, then live music for dancing. It was the first time I have been without family or Thanksgiving, and I am thankful to Friendly for making it a memorable one.

Room Tip: You need to take a bus to get to "town", not a big deal, and cheap. I had fun painting a...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank lorettam55
Dear lorettam55.

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us, we are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and hope you come back soon. We will be happy to welcome you back the day you choose. See you soon! :)
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

This was my very first time to Puerto Vallarta, not somewhere I had ever planned on visiting. The Friendly came highly recommended by a few different friends who are repeat customers, and I can definitely see why. The staff are undoubtedly the best! I have stayed at other all-inclusives, and by comparison, this hotel was quite small, no frills, and in desperate need of an updates, yet I would return here before I would return to any of those other places.

Our room with two beds was spacious and bright, and we had the best view from the 6th floor in the tower.The beds were hard, but that was quickly remedied with foam mattress toppers. The bathrooms were also spacious, but quite old, and in desperate need of fans. With all that humidity, the bathrooms are like saunas after you a shower, and they take forever to clear up! There are only two electrical outlets in the entire room, and the lighting is quite dim.

The food was somewhat repetitive, but there was always plenty to choose from, and everything was delicious. We never went hungry, that's for sure!

The grounds and pools are kept clean, and the beach is spectacular! The water is clean and warm, and there is only soft sand beneath your feet, no matter how far you walk out. The staff is there to set up your lounge chair and umbrella wherever you want them, and they come by often to see if you need anything to eat or drink.

There are a lot of vendors on the beach, but we loved them. They were friendly and funny and most were respectful when you said no. Both the staff and vendors get to know you by name and it all just adds to the feeling of being with family.

We had an incident in our room, where a staff member left evidence that she had rummaged through my suitcase, but thankfully, nothing was taken. I still felt this was a direct violation of my privacy, and that my suitcase should have been replaced, knowing that it was tampered with. I also felt the staff member should have received disciplinary action for going into a guest's zipped suitcase. On the first day, the Manager assured me both requests would be granted, but on the second day, he went back on his word. All he did was have my luggage swabbed for chemical substances, and provided me a lab report of their findings, should I have encountered problems at the airport. He never even wrote up an 'incident report'.

Although the Manager showed little care or concern that a violation of my privacy had taken place in his hotel, two of his Supervisors, went over and above, to compensate. They offered us an upgrade to a 2bdrm suite, which we declined; they treated us to a complimentary and heavenly Spa massage out at the beach and a special dinner one evening; and one of them always accompanied the housecleaning staff anytime our room was being cleaned. They also Much thanks to Liliana and Mitchel, for their kindness, consideration, and professionalism. Thank you to ALL the staff for making our holiday a most relaxing and memorable experience: we miss you guys!

The hotel is very close to the airport, and very close to downtown - perfect location.

I wish I was still in Puerto Vallarta, and can't wait to return to my Friendly family. I highly recommend it, just make sure you lock up all your valuable belongings!

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank Anna H
Friendly V, Gerente at Friendly Vallarta All Inclusive Family Resort, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
Dear CallMeNeen.

Thank you for sharing your experience, was very nice to read, we are very happy to know that you had a great stay after all, our goal is that all our guests enjoy their vacation. We hope to see you soon! :)
Surrey, Canada
Reviewed 1 December 2013

I agree with Cheryl - we had the best 2 week stay ever in Mexico. the staff are amazing - Abraham on the beach bringing us a mattress for our chairs - Double Double, Antonio and Carlos bringing us drinks poolside and on the beach - Mary in the lobby bar is amazing..... the entertainment staff all great - only downside water in the room the first night and after that you need to replenish in the restaurant, but easy walking to get more or bring a sippy cup. There is always something to do and a special thank you to the boys that do finger painting and painting on greenware, they add the special touches and take it away to the kiln and voila - it comes back the next day a work of art! This is the happiest staff I have ever seen at a resort and supervisors and management should be proud of them!
Will for sure stay at this resort again!
Fern
Surrey BC

Room Tip: pillows are lacking
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank FernRosengren
Dear FernRosengren.

Thank you! We love to read reviews like yours. Thank you so much for everything you say here on Tripadvisor, this will be really helpful for other. Come back soon! :)