As with my past trips I went with a large group. We went the last week of January, first week of February.
First thing to mention is that is is NOT a Barcelo or a RUI so don't expect that level of a resort. That being said, The Friendly would be in my top three favorites.
The rooms are dated, but clean. Some had the usual Mexican musty smell but we have had that in one of the more expensive resorts too. This is what happens with an ocean front resort. Our housekeeper was an older lady who couldn't do any towel art but always had a smile and a wave each time she saw us. Some of our friends did get towel art.
The food wasn't bad. You could always find something. The chefs tried hard to please everyone. At the 24hr station, the chef dared us to ask for something he could not make. He even made an egg salad sandwich one night. We did discover that if you asked nice (and tipped the chef for his trouble), you could get shrimp or chicken fingers for lunch. The waiters always made you feel special. Telling bad jokes and the standard line "Something else?" always made us smile. We even got to meet Double Doubles son, Single Single. Really - that's their names.
The pool was great - a heated one. The infinity pool was nice. No kids and very relaxing. They also had two real hot tubs - with hot water and jets. Perfect after a day of shopping. We spent one day on the beach. Tons of loungers and if you needed a chair, table or an umbrella you only had to ask and they would find you one. A lot of beach vendors but that's part of the experience.
Entertainment staff were the best!!! In all my trips, this was the best group. My favorites were the three P's - Paulina, Pamela and Poncho, (Senior Delicious) But the rest were just as hard working. Gustavo, Edgar, Unel, Karina and Rosy. Once they knew which activities I was interested in they made sure to let me know when it was starting so I didn't miss it. How many other resorts can you go to and make your own bracelet, or learn how to make guacamole and melon flowers?? Plus after a long day in the sun with the guests, they still have the energy to put on a show for the guests. These 8 people made my holiday a happy one and are the reason I would go back to this resort.
The pre-recorded music they played around the pool and in the lobby was awful. Way too mellow. The odd time they would play one or two good songs but then go back to the "relaxing" music. They did have a dance area but nothing to dance too. It was so bad that people didn't socialize in the evenings, they would just go to bed. I know the owners read these comments - Change the music please. People like to dance and have a good time. Also turn it down a bit. Way too loud. At times it was hard to have a conversation without yelling. I noticed at aerobics the poor girl had to yell the instructions and we still couldn't hear her.
All in all this is pretty decent resort for the price. I can see why people return year after year. They make you feel like family.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the best all-inclusive vacations in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico with the friendliest hotel! Friendly Vallarta Beach Resort & Spa offers incredible location in the hotel zone and a wide range of fun experiences. Friendly Vallarta Beach Resort & Spa is located in one of the most precious bays of the Mexican Pacific, with a unique location in front of the beach, in the heart of the hotel area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Friendly Vallarta All Inclusive Family Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hola Puerto Vallarta Club & Spa
- Hola Vallarta
- Hola Puerta Vallarta
- Hola Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Hola Puerto Vallarta Resort
- Hola Club Puerto Vallarta
- Hotel Hola Vallarta
- Hola Resort Puerto Vallarta
- Hola Club Spa Puerto Vallarta