Recently returned from a thoroughly enjoyable 10 day stay at the Velas Vallarta with my wife and 2 year old son (along with other family who had their own rooms). This was my first time staying at the Velas Vallarta, but my fourth or fifth time traveling to Puerto Vallarta (second time staying near the Marina). We are not time share owners at the resort, and we were not put through any timeshare presentations.
The resort is very very nice, with large pools, great food, good shade, and excellent service. Detailed breakdown:
We spent one night in a ground floor studio room (facing outwards) before switching to a ground floor one bedroom suite (that faced inwards towards the pool). There is a very large difference between those two types of rooms, both in terms of size, light, and overall feel. The one bedroom suites (at least the one we were in) are very large and bright. There was a full kitchen that included a 4 element stove, microwave, pots / pans, dishes, blender, and full size fridge (and more, but we did not make extensive use of the kitchen during our stay).
Beds were soft and comfortable, and there was never any disturbing noise in the bedroom which faced the pool (our son took 2+ hour naps every day during the mid afternoon and was never disturbed).
The hotel has cribs with sheets which we used for our son. He was completely happy in the crib and slept well (< 3 you will probably want to use the cribs since the beds are high and the floor is marble).
Room rating for one bedroom suite is very very high, very lovely rooms.
The hotel has an abundance of pools that are slightly heated (at our best guess) so that they are comfortable at all times of day. The pools are large, and there is a separate shallower kids pool near the kids club with pool toys available for the kids to play with. A winding connecting river flows down the center under bridges and has a small slide entrance where it terminates at one of the pools. My son quite liked the small slide and swimming down the river under through the tunnels (under the bridges) to the pool bar and back.
An abundance of both shady and sunny seating is available around the pools due to the elegant lay out of the hotel grounds.
The food at the hotel was very good. The buffet selection is a little bit smaller than at some other resorts, but of higher quality. The plated food and dinner service are the best I have had at an all inclusive resort. The plated dinners at Andrea's are comparable to good high end stand alone restaurants.
Room service is available and included on the all-inclusive plan which is a nice bonus. There is even a selection of food available in the room that is also included (potato chips, popcorn, nuts, cereal, noodle soup, milk, pop, etc) and restocked daily.
Buffet selection for breakfast included (but not limited to, as this is from rough memory and not meant to be everything): Fresh pancakes, waffles, and french toast made to order, custom omelettes made to order, banana bread and pastry selection, fresh fruit selection, yogurts, cereal, oatmeal and granola, scrambled eggs, bacon, salads, fresh juice selection, etc, etc.
Dinner at the beach restaurant is a plated meal and is a steak theme on most nights (and the steaks are very good). At Andrea's the theme varies nightly but includes italian and french nights serving a variety of seafood, steak, and other dishes which are all very good.
The service at the hotel is outstanding and everyone goes out of their way to ensure your stay is exceptional. All of the staff and wonderful attitudes and were a pleasure to deal with. Donald deserves a special shout out since he is such a nice person and really cares about ensuring everyone is happy and that everyone has a wonderful vacation.
The beach is wide and sandy and there are rows of complimentary pavilions providing nice shady areas. Not many people were swimming though, perhaps due to the water being a little bit rough. The pools are more enjoyable for swimming, and the beach is there for sandcastles and relaxing for which purpose it serves quite well.
The resort is wonderful and a great place to have a vacation! We loved it and we really enjoyed our stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come to Velas Vallarta, one of the most established resorts in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico and find the tropical beachfront oasis you have been searching for. Relax and enjoy quality time with those you care about most as you enjoy the benefits of a true All-Inclusive resort. Absolutely everything is included- a spacious suite, gourmet a la carte meals, a full in-suite dining menu, our excellent Kids Club, nightly entertainment and everything in between.Take a break from building sand castles to enjoy some of the best hamburgers around during a leisurely lunch by the pool. Take a siesta after a day in the sun and freshen up for an elegant family dinner followed by a stroll through the gardens to enjoy the evening breeze. Sample a premium tequila and treat the kids to an extra dessert- it's all included and it's all high quality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelClick, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Velas Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Velas Vallarta Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Velas Vallarta Suite Hotel
- Velas Vallarta Suite Puerto
- Velas Vallarta Resort
- Velas Vallarta Puerto
- Club Velas Vallarta
- Velas Vallarta Suite Resort