“I'll be back”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Nassau, New York
“I'll be back”
Reviewed 27 March 2014

There is so much to do on site, but once I worked out the bus schedule, I went everywhere. It's nice that the taxis are logged in and out with your room number, but I like to walk around and discover on my own. I found out that the bus schedule was posted at the staff security check in window. It was a way less to ride into town. People on the bus were very helpful.

We did some tours set up through Velas Vallarta. They were all worth it.

The food on site was awesome. The timeshare discount was also great. The pools were heated.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Tedravelstheworld
ManagerVVPV, General Manager at Velas Vallarta, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
I am glad Ted that you are of the adventurous sort and were able to take advantage of some the glorious aspects of Puerto Vallarta and its surrounding areas. Public transit in this coastal city is very simple to use once you have traveled the first time on it. And it is quite economical just as you mentioned. Please do not hesitate to return to Velas Vallarta now that you know the “ins and outs” of getting around. Thank you again Ted and enjoy a great summer up in Nassau, New York. Take care.

langaritavv@velasresorts.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (898)
Seattle, Wa
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Honestly do not know what else I can add to my fourth review of this amazing property. My family made this our fourth visit. We look forward to the countdown for our week at Velas, and are miserable the day we leave.
Again, my compliments go to the staff. Juventino who works in the pool area is amazing and takes care of our family as if it were his own. Always smiling, always working hard and always making sure everything is ok. I've said this in previous reviews, it is because of employees like Juventino that sold us on Velas.
The property continues to do a good job with maintaining an older building. The Food was amazing and never did we leave a meal and think they could of done better. My daughter absolutely adores Brenda who is the hostess at Andrea, the nicer of the two restaurants. She goes out of her way to engage her in conversation and takes care of our whole family as well. Again, its the PEOPLE that work at Velas that make it such a great place.
If you don't like being around kids, you probably don't want to stay here..I would consider it a family resort. Towel game still in full force, although we found it doable to to find a a couple of chairs if we were late arriving, it certainly is better if you get up early to secure an area. Wish it wasn't like that, but until the hotel starts following its rules about "unattended" items will be removed starting at noon, the towel holding game with forever continue.

Please take the time to read my previous three reviews of this property. All of that is still accurate. We can't wait come back to Velas again next February. Compliments to Velas, Juventino and Brenda especially. Donald Willis and upper management, be proud of the product you are providing. A+ in my books....Gracias por todo!

Room Tip: 5th floor or higher for great views. Beware of a studio room. No balcony and view out the window of...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Thank you very much Donald for your continued loyalty toward Velas Vallarta and its staff. We take great pride in the consistency of our service and product and always look for new ways in which to improve an already successful organization. Thanks to your visits and observations we will continue to move in that positive direction. Much of the success that we enjoy is due to the employees that have been with us for a long time. Juventino, Brenda and Donald must have a combined 50 years of loyalty with the company. They are also some of the examples that our newer employees can follow in order to solidify that consistent and personalized service that we are known for. And I as general manager do appreciate that you and your family have observed that kindness over the years. Donald, thank you again for relying on us year after year to make your family vacation an enjoyable experience and please do not hesitate to introduce yourself on your next visit so that I can personally thank you. Have a great summer and all the best to you and your lovely family in Seattle, Washington. Take care.

langaritavv@velasvallarta.com
Royal Center, Indiana
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Had a wonderful trip and stay in the resort. Clean, service was wonderful....it was an awesome stay. The food was good, lots of choices, and some things were amazing! Again service was over the top! Enjoyed it so much!

1 Thank cakewild
A special thank you to you and your friends for coming to Puerto Vallarta and for selecting Velas Vallarta as your resort destination for 2014. I am very happy that our cuisine was varied enough for your enjoyment and that you found the resort to be very clean. That cleanliness aspect is a very important one for us as it is a basic sign that the organization really cares about its product and guests. Thank you classifying us as “over the top” and may you and your friends have an “awesome” summer in Royal Center, Indiana. Take care.

Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
Reviewed 25 March 2014

This is the first time I have been to Velas resorts, We booked a 2 bedroom suite in Oct of 2013 for Spring Break in 2014 . I emailed three times asking for a room high enough for a Ocean view. when we checked, they told us they did not have a 2 bedroom & tried to give us 2 one bedroom suites. I told them I had booked this months ago, so then he found a 2 bedroom to give us only to find out it was on the bottom with No view of anything but trees. I immediately called the front desk & asked for another room. I was told that there would be some available the next day, which was fine BUT i was never contacted about a better room. I was not very happy. The maid kept moving things.
The grounds are beautiful, we enjoyed the peacocks & the resident Iguanas. The beach is very rocky, hard to even walk on it let alone swim.
The pool waiters are very accommodating, especially Saul.
I love Mexico & Peurto vallarta, have been to sevearl different cities & resorts but probably will not return to Velas.

1 Thank teresaplowman
luis a, General Manager at Velas Vallarta, responded to this review, 29 March 2014
Thank you very much Teresa for bringing your observations to my attention. This winter season has been a very successful one in terms of occupancy and demand. Even more so in this month of March. With larger families, our two and three bedroom suites were basically at high demand but very manageable in terms of not being oversold in any particular category. We did find ourselves during the weekend of your arrival searching for an appropriate candidate to enjoy their stay in two, one bedroom suites close together on the third floor instead of a two bedroom. I am very sorry if that arrangement was not to your agreement, but of course as you mentioned we did provide you the suite arrangement according to your reservation. In researching your situation with my reception manager I reinforced the very important aspect of following up on a guests petition. To move your suite at a later time is no problem for us as long as the availability suits the guest’s preference. I am pleased however that many aspects of your stay were to your liking and I am glad that you are a true fan of Mexico and Puerto Vallarta. In our own individual way we are all ambassadors of this tourist destination. I am sure that you will someday return to this Pacific vacation spot and I will place myself at your service if you find it in yourself to consider Velas Vallarta in the future. You have my sincere apologies for your disappointment. Thank you and kind greetings to Oklahoma. Take care.

Michigan
Reviewed 24 March 2014

You may fine slightly better food or accommodations somewhere else, however, I doubt you will find better service. We stayed for the 4th time. The rooms are very well kept. The food is very good with plenty of variety. It was nice to be served poolside by Marcelino. I recognized him from years past. He is a true professional. I'll look for him next time I visit.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
On behalf of Marcelino and all of our 560 employees I thank you for your continued loyalty toward Velas Vallarta. As a senior contributor to TripAdvisor you will have plenty of tourism experience in which to compare us and to be able to host you for the fourth time really speaks volumes about our product and service. We most certainly will be very happy to attend to your needs in the friendly and professional way that you have come to know for many vacations in the future. Thank you again and special regards to Michigan. Take care.

Burlington, Wisconsin
Reviewed 24 March 2014

We stayed in a 3 bedroom suite and had a great experience. The suite was well maintained and offered a great view of the ocean. The pools are spacious and great to cool off in. The beach is also nice and very accessible. We love Peurto Vallarta. Vellas is near the Marina and it is nice to be able to walk there for a quick meal. It is also a short taxi ride to get downtown. The staff was very helpful and assisted us in choosing the best activities.

• Stayed February 2014
Thank you so much Howard for sharing your happiness and your love for Puerto Vallarta and your great trip to Velas Vallarta. I am very glad that our spacious three bedroom suite really suited your comfort needs and that you found our facilities to be to your great liking. As you mentioned, the resort is very well located in terms of being able to venture to the marina, downtown, golf courses, airport, etc. Whether it is by walking, bus or by taxi all points in this region are very accessible. Thank you again Howard for the delightful insights of your visit and you can count on us and Puerto Vallarta to deliver more splendid memories in the future. Take care and kind regards to Burlington, WI.

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 24 March 2014

We are owners here and this is the first time I have been to this property. WOW...an older, mature property (read as mature and unique landscape, trees, fountains, paths and pools). My two kids loved it...from the all you could eat ice cream bar (open all day) to the Peacocks screaming in the courtyard all morning. We had a three-bedroom suite which was perfect for our needs 4+1 so a bedroom for all.
The food was abundant and available all day (if on the all inclusive plan)...the beach restaurant was okay...the hotel workhouse, Adrians (spelling?) was very nice BUT make your reservations early or you'll be at the 9:30 seating. Classical menu...lts of options.
The staff was (almost without a fault) overly accomidating and there to help. With smiles, and they realize that the tourists PAY the bills so everywhere in town we always flet welcomed.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Thank you very much Sid for finally coming to visit Velas Vallarta. It is great to know that the three bedroom suite that you reserved was appropriate for your family´s comfort and needs. I like that you consider that our food is abundant whether it be in our restaurants, snack bar, room service or mini bar. We wish also that your appetite is pampered along with everything else. Thank you also for mentioning that the staff is always smiling. Although the smiles are natural we do realize the importance in having people from around the world visit us and we treat everyone as if they were invited into our own home. Sid, I wish you and your family an excellent summer in Phoenix and hope that your return to Velas Vallarta is very soon. Take care.

HOTEL VELAS VALLART
Also consider these accommodations in or near Puerto Vallarta
Casa Velas
Casa Velas
#2 of 124 in Puerto Vallarta
Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa
Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort ...
#8 of 124 in Puerto Vallarta
Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit
Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit
#1 of 27 in Nuevo Vallarta
Now Amber Puerto Vallarta
Now Amber Puerto Vallarta
#17 of 124 in Puerto Vallarta
Villa Premiere Boutique Hotel & Romantic Getaway
Villa Premiere Boutique Hotel & ...
#7 of 124 in Puerto Vallarta
The Westin Resort & Spa, Puerto Vallarta
The Westin Resort & Spa, Puerto ...
#28 of 124 in Puerto Vallarta

Been to Velas Vallarta? Share your experiences!