“Excellent!”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Los Angeles, California
“Excellent!”
Reviewed 24 April 2014

The service was amazing and the hotel was immaculate! If you sit by the pool- be sure to be in Marcelino or Eric's section- they were both fantastic- so friendly and attentive! We would definitely go back.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Jennifer E
ManagerVVPV, General Manager at Velas Vallarta, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Thank you Jennifer for posting your special note of thanks to Marcelino and Eric, both of whom provide service from our popular aqua bar. I am pleased that the pleasant attitudes of these gentlemen along with many others have helped in your decision to return some day. Thank you again Jennifer and all the best to you in sunny Los Angeles. Take care.

langaritavv@velasvallarta.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (901)
Stratton, Colorado
Reviewed 23 April 2014

We recently returned from a friends and family trip to PVR. We love Velas Vallarta, it has a great location with easy access to the airport and within walking distance to the Little Marina, which has shopping and restaurants to enjoy an outing close to the resort with an Awesome view of the boats and yachts in the Little Marina,... while sipping a cool cerveza with lime and enjoying a hot queso and sausage dip with homemade corn or flour tortillas.

The Velas suites are huge and so comfortable! Some may say dated, I would say,... not dated, but clean and well kept with an authentic old Mexican feel ... We love the atmosphere, and the authentic feel and appreciate that it has kept to that theme and hasn't gotten so Contemporary and cold feeling like most newer resorts. These suites are always clean and well kept, as are the grounds and landscaping throughout the Resort. The workers and staff do such a great job in keeping up the Resort and are so respectful and friendly,... they always stop what they are doing to greet you and give up their walking space or elevator usage to guests... very impressive in this day and age!

I can't say enough about how wonderful the staff is at Velas, several have worked there for many years and whomever trains them, Hats off to you!!! Jaciento, or as we sometimes call him, "Dr J",... has been on the pool wait staff since we have been traveling to PVR for over 10 years and he is always superior in service and attentive to our needs and requests... He and newer staff that have been there 3 to 5 years are Erik and Jesus, who I think Jaciento must of trained, :) ... as they are following in his footsteps with their great service, friendliness, ... and so polite and interesting to visit with! You have to respect these workers for all they deal with day in and day out and still always attentive with a smile for you! I expect they probably walk 10 to 20 miles per day waiting on guests at the pool and oceanside. A suggestion: even though Velas is considered All-Inclusive, and they say that includes tips, those tips are spread out to all the workers throughout the resort, which is fine, ... but we still try to tip a little to all and are more generous to those that go out of their way to do that bit of extra to make our stays so wonderful and to show them our appreciation!

The Restaurant wait staff too is great at both Restaurants,... memorable this trip was the wonderful care from Rueben and Eric, & also Juan at Andrea's,... So want to thank and commend them also! Most all the staff is Great from Baggage and Check-in to the Maids, Landscapers, Tour staff, Guest and Spa services, Chefs and Waiters,... very well trained, but these guys stood out to us on this trip! We have stayed at the Grand Mayan in Nuevo and there is truly no comparison on how you are treated.... we had to get up and go ask for someone to come wait on us several times when staying at Grand Mayan and the Timeshare sales people there were ruthless. Will never stay over there again!

Be sure and book a massage out by the ocean in one of their tents set up on the dock levy, heavenly stuff, and so relaxing listening to the ocean waves. Velas may not be as fancy as one of those newer resorts, but it is so well kept and staffed, beautiful ocean views from every angle, the grounds are impeccable and the atmosphere truly Authentic and I hope it stays that way! With a couple of exceptions, would like to have a nice lounge bar in the Lobby area and a choice of Lobster added to their menu along with thicker, tender steaks in the Restaurants! :)

Thanks Velas and all your Staff, ... for another wonderful memorable vacation to PVR!

Room Tip: Higher floors have a better view of the ocean from the balconies, but any view from the rooms is bea...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you so much for your robust review on your first trip with us at Velas Vallarta. You certainly have an eye for detail that is to be commended and I thank you for sharing the service aspects that you witnessed. The gentlemen that you mention have not specifically been trained to be nice. That trait comes from within and we are blessed here in Puerto Vallarta as the people here are truly happy and genuine. We do have a guest-friendly philosophy that we adhere to because we know that if it was not for you and others the destination would not be as successful as it is now. We wish that our valued guests just like yourself return home with fond memories, new friendships and with a feeling of wanting to return someday in the future. The citizens of Puerto Vallarta and the 560 staff members of Velas Vallarta truly wish you great thanks for selecting us and we will do what it takes to make our guests satisfied. Thank you again for your kind observations and I hope that we can have the honor of hosting you and your friends in the future. Take care and fond greetings to Stratton, Colorado.

Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed 23 April 2014

We absolutely love coming down to this wonderful resort. Our parents have a time share so we have come down 1-2 times a year for the past 4 years. Most recently it was just my wife and I. Even though this is more family oriented we had plenty of fun by ourselves - even met another couple on their honeymoon who happen to live 1 state away from us.

Staff is excellent, food is excellent, the property is excellent. The only real complaint i would have is the lack of enforcement on saving pool furniture. It's not a huge deal for 2 of us, but when our family goes down it's very difficult to find 4+ chairs or a table. Even on early mornings (we don't usually have many!) over 3/4 of the furniture already has been "claimed" by towels.. this leads me to believe other guests run down somewhere around 5-6am to reserve seats, then go back to bed. Annoying.

But that does not detract from the wonderful experience we have each and every time we visit Velas Vallarta. We fully recommend our friends to visit this place any chance we get as well. Looking forward to our 2014 trip!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you very much for your kind words about our resort and a special congratulations to you on your recent marriage. We are very proud that you have been visiting us for some time now, so it was natural that you selected us as your honeymoon retreat. I am glad that you would “fully recommend” us to your friends and please be rest assured that we are doing our utmost to detract from the reserving of pool furniture and we are improving on that aspect. Thank you again for your comments and from all 560 Velas employees we wish you all the best on your matrimony. Congratulations!

Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 22 April 2014

My husband and I traveled to Puerto Vallarta and stayed here 4/13 - 4/20. We had a wonderful stay. We were very impressed with the size of our 1 bedroom suite. We stayed in suite 3719 and the view was incredible. The room was huge - a full living room, big private balcony, huge windows, full kitchen and generous bathroom. We didn't think we'd spend much time in our room but we ended up spending more time there b/c it was such a wonderful space! We had breakfast ordered up to our room every morning and ate on our balcony. It was heavenly! The food was "good", and everything else was "excellent". We really enjoyed eating at Andrea's and ate there almost every night. You have to call in the morning to make a reservation. We never had a problem getting a table at the time we wanted. We had lunch by the pool almost every day (when we weren't on excursions) and breakfast from room service. The staff is SO wonderful. Big shout outs to the lovely hostesses at Andrea's for making us feel welcome every day. We also LOVED Jesus by the pool. He is a gem and so attentive. I received some spa services from Connie, who did an excellent job. It would have been nice if the Spa area blocked out more of the outside noise. I had a massage in the middle of the day and it was distracting to hear kids yelling as they walked by. The ONLY other thing I wish were different were the pool loungers and towel policy. The chairs do not bend back all the way, making it hard to sit in anything but an upright position. The other thing that was annoying was big groups of people reserving chairs all day. My husband is very fair so we needed shade, and there isn't much by the pool. People would leave towels there and never show up! On day 3 we ended up just taking chairs that clearly had no one in them but we "reserved" with dirty towels. They have a policy that they remove things after 90 minutes that they do not enforce. If you're going to have a policy, enforce it! It's frustrating for other patrons. Other than that, we had a lovely, lovely stay and will be back some time in the next few years.

Room Tip: Higher rooms have better views. Tower 2 gets the morning sun, tower 3 gets the evening sun and sunse...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Megan M
I am very pleased that you found our suites to be very roomy and comfortable. One can actually relax with 24 hour room service without even having to go out if you are so inclined and I am glad that you were able to enjoy it to the full extent. One of our shining stars is our service as noted by other reviewers. It pleases me that our hostesses, Jesus and Connie performed memorably for you and helped in making your stay a success. I will also look into better ways to avoid the reserving of pool equipment. This year I have already acquired 200 new pieces of furniture which certainly helped some of the congestion. I did this so that every single guest will now have a lounger. It just might not be in the same area or place every single day, but every guest will have access to pool comfort. Megan thank you for vacationing with us and for taking the time to post your review. I hope that this vacation was unforgettable and leads to many more in the future. Take care and kind regards to Minneapolis, MN.

Lenexa, Kansas
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Several visits here with girlfriends over the past 5 years. Relaxing and so much fun. We enjoy the quiet, serene surroundings and love the peacocks and flowers. We had to call housekeeping a couple of nights to "move" a small lizard to another room, but it was an adventure. We received excellent service from Juventino at poolside. He has waited on us in past years and does a great job. Overall the resort was the relaxing, girlfriend talk, water aerobics, reading--a great vacation. We definitely will return. Great service, great food and the Mexican coffee on the beach--EXCELLENT.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
ManagerVVPV, General Manager at Velas Vallarta, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Thank you CK for sharing your wonderful words of relaxation on your March break vacation with everybody on TripAdvisor. It is great that you and the girls were able to totally recline, which afforded for a quality get together. Even the gecko chase in your suite turned into an “adventure” until the maid could finally relocate it, not quite to another room but to a safe and natural place outside I am sure. I will be sure to pass on your kind words to our ever dependable Juventino and it will motivate him even further to keep up the outstanding service. Thank you again CK and maybe in the future your Mexican coffee on the beach can turn into a dinner on the beach. Take care and kind regards to Lenexa, Kansas.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I met some friends at Velas Vallarta for 2 days. They charged me for 3 days and when I tried to get them to refund the charges they threatened to call the cops!!! I was late to catch my flight and needless to say didn't want to take my chances with going to Mexican jail. So I had no choice but to eat the extra $100 charge. And while we're at, the food was mediocre at best. Do NOT stay here!!!

Room Tip: Do NOT stay here. Go anywhere else!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
14 Thank MoneySchatz
ManagerVVPV, Owner at Velas Vallarta, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Thank you Mr. MoneySchatz for giving me the personal opportunity to respond to your experience. Your two friends did have a three night reservation to vacation with us on our all inclusive program. After their arrival and check in, you were witnessed to have entered the resort indicating to us that you wanted to visit your friends for two days. Of course to reside inside the hotel you had to pay the nights that you were staying. However sir, on the check out of your friends on the third day you were again seen, this time trying to sneak out of the property. This is twice now that you were caught and as all responsible vacationers do beforehand, you had to pay the last night. May I recommend to you Mr. MoneySchatz that in the future, you reserve your vacation in the correct manner just as your friends did in order to enjoy a stress free time and to avoid sneaking in and out of hotels. I thank you again for presenting me the opportunity to clarify your unfortunate experience for you and I wish you well in the future. Take care.

JUAN VELA RUIZ
VICE-PRESIDENT
VELAS GROUP OF RESORTS
jvelavr@velasresorts.com
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 18 April 2014

I recently returned from my 5th trip to this resort. I traveled from N. California, with friends, for a week. As usual, we were met at the airport and shuttled immediately to the resort. It is beautiful and superbly maintained. The suites are older, but immaculate and provide more than anyone needs- fully stocked fridge, room service, turn down service, and chocolate on the pillows. The pools were great and the service magnificent. If you ask for Tino's section you will never be disappointed. He takes the best care of you imaginable. Fernando was awesome at breakfast every morning. He recognized us and had our coffee and tea waiting. Dinner was fine, a few new menu items would not hurt, but truly everything was great. Can't wait to return.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Mary O
I am glad Mary that your trips to Puerto Vallarta are very convenient for you and your friends. Even the five minute shuttle service to the resort is a great benefit after the flight. Our maids and maintenance team do a great job in keeping our condo-suites “immaculate” and comfortable and I thank you for pointing that out. I hope that Tino, Fernando and all of our waiters continue in providing a service that is proactive and keep on receiving their truly deserved recognitions. Mary, thank you for your continued preference in Velas Vallarta and from all of our 560 employees we wish you and your friends a joyful summer in Sacramento, California. Take care.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Puerto Vallarta
Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa
Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort ...
#8 of 124 in Puerto Vallarta
Casa Velas
Casa Velas
#2 of 124 in Puerto Vallarta
Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit
Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit
#1 of 28 in Nuevo Vallarta
Villa Premiere Boutique Hotel & Romantic Getaway
Villa Premiere Boutique Hotel & ...
#6 of 124 in Puerto Vallarta
Now Amber Puerto Vallarta
Now Amber Puerto Vallarta
#17 of 124 in Puerto Vallarta
The Westin Resort & Spa, Puerto Vallarta
The Westin Resort & Spa, Puerto ...
#30 of 124 in Puerto Vallarta

Been to Velas Vallarta? Share your experiences!