Velas is by far the nicest hotel I've ever stayed at. Upon arrival, we were greeted by the Velas staff, who opened the doors to our taxi and helped us with the luggage. We strolled across the lobby awestruck, staring up at the towering pillars and architecture. After we got checked in, a bellhop took our luggage and showed us to our room.
We were greeted by an incredibly spacious 1 bedroom suite on the third floor, overlooking the grounds and ocean. The room was perfect in every way. It was incredibly spacious and had a huge balcony running across the entire front. We had a sliding glass door that accessed the balcony in the living room AND one in the bedroom. The bathroom featured beautiful floor to ceiling tile and a large tub. Overall, every detail of the room was intricately crafted together and nothing was overlooked.
The grounds and pools followed suit. Everything was incredibly clean and well kept. One day a friendly staff member from the marketing division struck up a conversation with us as we were walking across the grounds. He told us about the architecture of the hotel and how it was designed to funnel wind through the grounds and into the lobby to keep things cool. He also told us about the grounds and how apparently they have won many awards from magazines.
While the hotel grounds, rooms and amenities were all top notch, what really stood out to me was the level of service. We were VERY well attended to and did not have a single request denied the entire time we were there. We were able to get a late checkout time to accommodate our later flight at no extra charge. The wait staff at all the restaurants were excellent and everyone you bumped into took the time to smile and say hi. With a couple exceptions, all the food was excellent. Room service was always on time and even accommodated our requests for things that weren't on the menu.
If you are considering Velas as one of your all-inclusive vacation options you won't be disappointed. Everything about our stay was absolutely flawless. I will definitely be going back to Velas Vallarta and also plan on visiting the Grand Velas Riviera Maya at some point.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come to Velas Vallarta, one of the most established resorts in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico and find the tropical beachfront oasis you have been searching for. Relax and enjoy quality time with those you care about most as you enjoy the benefits of a true All-Inclusive resort. Absolutely everything is included- a spacious suite, gourmet a la carte meals, a full in-suite dining menu, our excellent Kids Club, nightly entertainment and everything in between.Take a break from building sand castles to enjoy some of the best hamburgers around during a leisurely lunch by the pool. Take a siesta after a day in the sun and freshen up for an elegant family dinner followed by a stroll through the gardens to enjoy the evening breeze. Sample a premium tequila and treat the kids to an extra dessert- it's all included and it's all high quality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelClick, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Velas Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Velas Vallarta Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Velas Vallarta Suite Hotel
- Velas Vallarta Suite Puerto
- Velas Vallarta Resort
- Velas Vallarta Puerto
- Club Velas Vallarta
- Velas Vallarta Suite Resort