“Grandioso!”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Calgary, Canada
“Grandioso!”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Velas Vallarta is a great resort. I was recently there with my daughter and my eight year old granddaughter. The resort is maintained to perfection. At sunrise you will find dozens of staff, cleaning, cleaning and more cleaning the common areas. There are two restaurants that serve top quality food. You can order off the menu or enjoy the abundant buffet at each restaurant. You will just love the staff - they go the extra mile to make your experience unforgetable.
The beach is beautiful for a walk or prayer at sunrise. When the surf was up, my grandaughter and I went body surfing without undue concern. She learned to play volleyball, table tennis and to dive during that week. She made many friends to hang with as well. We also went zip lining which was arranged by the travel desk.
We highly recommend Velas Vallarta.

Room Tip: Higher floors near the ocean.
2 Thank Terry B
ManagerVVPV, General Manager at Velas Vallarta, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Terry thank you very much for sharing with everybody the joy that you and the girls enjoyed while vacationing with us. I can see that the three generations of your family were very outgoing and adventurous, taking in all that was available during your holiday. We do take great pride in the cleanliness of our resort and as you mentioned we have a small army of dedicated young cleaners making the public areas spic and span before you the guest comes down to the pool. And our culinary options together with our various activities really combined to make “your experience unforgettable”. Thank you again Terry for your delightful comments and we hope to repeat the good times that you enjoyed on this first visit. Take care and best regards to Calgary, Alberta.

langaritavv@velasresorts.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (884)
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed 4 August 2014

i have stayed at Velas often in past years. It has the most beautiful grounds in Puerto Vallarta and its Marina Vallarta location is so convenient. Not far from the airport, they had free pickup for us and only 5 min away. For 7 and a half pesos, you can catch the city bus to downtown and the stop is right in front of the resort. The beach is wide, clean sand, and is lovely. They have two excellent restaurants, The Ocean Restaurant, and elegant Andreas back near the resort center. Andreas is truly top notch. There are several beautiful peacocks roaming the gorgeous grounds. The 2 large pools are excellent, with a nice swim up bar at the oceanside pool. I much perfer the Marina Vallarta location, where it is in a very nice neighborhood, and not way out like Nuevo Vallarta, isolated from Puerto Vallarta's charming city, many great restaurants, and its wonderful Malecon. I highly recommend it !

Room Tip: Try to get in the two buildings closest to the ocean, and try get an upper floor for the best views.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank PaulAK2011
ManagerVVPV, General Manager at Velas Vallarta, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Thank you very much Paul for sharing your lovely comments on your visits to this tropical paradise. The descriptions of the resort are right on the money, as I truly believe that the lush landscaping and designs of our pool areas are some of the most picturesque in Puerto Vallarta, if not the best. Your sense of adventure and travelling outside of the resort will be very valuable to many newcomers to Velas Vallarta and Puerto Vallarta. The ease, accessibility and safety that one will encounter here is one of the important reasons as to why tourists continue to visit this friendly destination year after year. Paul, thank you again for your outgoing comments and thank you also for your tips on getting around the town. Take care and all the best to you up in Anchorage, Alaska. Take care.

Sammamish, Washington
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We just returned from a 1 week stay at Velas Vallarta Suite Resort. This was our first time at PV after having been to Cancun a couple of times. I must say we were disappointed even after paying top dollar, much more than in Cancun. While the resort is well maintained, it pales in comparison to the "all-inclusive" resorts in Cancun where you can find as many as 7 restaurants, tons of water activities, and fantastic daily evening shows. There are only 2 restaurants in this resort - one with reservation (4 days Italian with repeat menu), and other informal buffet. Evening shows are pretty much absent. The Sunday Mexican fiesta was ordinary. No water activities are included. On the positive side, the staff were attentive, and room service was pretty responsive. Overall, the whole concept of "all-inclusive" is that families have tons to do within the resort and all included. For families looking to a truly spectacular all-inclusive experience, consider Cancun. I would recommend that Velas resort management visits Cancun so they could step up their game and make PV more attractive destination for Americans.

2 Thank Dev K
Thank you Dev for sharing your observations regarding your recent family vacation with us at Velas Vallarta. I am glad that you found our staff to be very responsive to your needs as many guests have found this to be one of the many shining stars of the visit. Other guests, especially repeat guests are very pleased that our activity program and staff is not an overwhelming display of extravaganzas of music with various staff roaming the pools in search of players and volunteers. Our recreational idea at Velas Vallarta is one that is more sedate and sets a nice balance between guests that wish to participate and those who desire a more tranquil pool and lobby area. As we do have daily pool and beach activities as well as evening shows, we are not I truly believe Dev devoid of recreational and visual entertainment. It seems Dev that one of your vacation priorities is the complete activity experience and I apologize for not providing you the level that you were expecting. As for the restaurants it is important to note that thanks to our revolving menus we are providing a good variety of cuisine for our valued guests. Although you mention various Italian nights, one will not find the same entrée twice therefore providing even more of that ever favorite cuisine. Dev, I appreciate your perceptions and insights and I wish to offer a product for every single guests needs, but I believe that we will continue forward with the strategy that has worked very well for us and for our valued guests over the many years. Thank you again and special regards Sammamish, WA. Take care.

Vallejo, California
Reviewed 3 August 2014

The staff, God bless them, were very sweet and helpful. There were lots of staff on the property, working their tails off. They always appreciated our tips, and people, tip them generously as most of the workers get paid very little by this resort. So, now the proper perspective of this resort: High pressure sales and sock the people in like sardines. Every day, several times a day, we were asked about buying a timeshare to this property. This came from all sides mind you, not just the resident timeshare representative whom was continually strolling the property in search of new prey.
There are 2 restaurants on premises, one you can visit most all day as long as you dry off and cover up your bathing suit. Weird 'cause aren't we in hotter than blazes Mexico where everyone is either in the pool, ocean, or just showered off from the beach? The other restaurant requires reservations but is booked every day and you must call in by 7:30am to get a table. Who wakes up by 7:30am on vacation just so they can make sure they get a table for dinner for criminy sakes? Sure you can order room service from their reservations only restaurant, but isn't joining the restaurant part of the pointe?
Sardines: So crowded,there are wall to wall guests at this property, pack 'em in like sardines. Once again, you have to throw a towel or personal item over a lounge chair or table at 7:30am in order to have somewhere to relax by the pool during the day. They say no reserving of lounge chairs/tables but I had observed towels/shoes/shirts over these places all day with not a person occupying the spot.
Now we bought one of our friends timeshare weeks whom owns through RCI. So this is RCI's doing, not really the resort. In order for us to have a 2 bedroom suite for two adults, a teenager and a 7 year old we had to pay the full $100 adult rate for 4 people! Now our children ate french fries, 1 or 2 slices of pizza and a few sodas/water a day. How does that constitute $100 a day?! The resort would not budge. So if most of the guests paid $100 a day and they pay their staff paltry, we're talking poverty wages, where does the $$ go?
So, NO we don't want a timeshare, and no we would not recommend this resort to our friends!

2 Thank Julie S
Thank you Julie for selecting Velas Vallarta while using one of your friends time share weeks. You certainly do cover various aspects of your stay that did not live up to your expectations and for that as general manager I must apologize to you. I would of preferred however to have been able to apologize in person while you were here to perhaps rectify any of these matters on the spot. But in saying this I will address some of your comments in the hope that you can visualize that we are working for you and for all of our valued guests. I am not exactly sure of your perspective of “low pay”. It is well known that wages in Mexico are not to the standard of those in the United States, but the remuneration to our staff is actually very, very competitive in the hospitality industry within Puerto Vallarta. The proof in that is the minimal of personnel rotation that we experience. We truly are family here and the nice comments that you make concerning our employees really can justify that point. It is important to know also Julie that in the summer months in every beach destination in Mexico you find the occupancy at extraordinary high levels of which a large portion of travelers are families with children such as yourself. So for many of our guests it is no surprise the amount of co-vacationers that will be sharing the hotels along with you. On the promotion of our Vacation Club you would certainly be one of the first to realize the process of promoting since you are actually using a time share in which to reside with us. I am confident to say that we have always been one of the more relaxed resorts in question of inviting our valued guests and I sincerely believe that we will continue that process with the “silk gloves” that we pride ourselves on. Julie, your observations and perceptions are respected, as are those of all of my guests and I invite you to perhaps correspond directly with me in order to explain in person some of the issues that you raise. I pride myself on replying fully and with integrity to these reviews, but I do not wish to write a novel on this forum. I hope that you understand that. But please be assured Julie that our loyal employees are well taken care of in a variety of manners as it is important to us as a company to have a loyalty that flows both ways. And that we truly have. Thank you again and special regards to you in Vallejo, California. Take care.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 3 August 2014

I have been in contact with the guest services at Velas Vallarta and have had the pleasure to work with Michelle Kleemann via email and I am truly impressed. Ms. Kleemann has been an wonderful with responding to my email in a timely manner and great with follow ups I was not expecting. I am looking forward to my trip and hopefully getting thank Ms. Kleemann in person.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Caroline, thank you for taking the extra effort to recognize the work of one of our young stars here at Velas Vallarta. In this hotel we not only put the onus on our guests when they are here residing with us, but also on the services provided before the arrival and even after the departure. They are just as important to us and not considered secondary. Michelle now has nearly a year with us and has made many friends and fans with the kind guests that she has had the fortune to meet and to support. Her distinction to detail and follow up with the special touches is a great example for her co workers, as I see her one day as manager of the Guest Service Department. I will definitely pass along to her your kudos personally and I am sure that she will be awaiting your arrival in order to carry out the next phase of your Velas Vallarta encounter. Thank you again and kind regards to you in Los Angeles, California. Take care.

Whittier, California
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Thanks for wonderful vacation, came back new your spa personnel(Gavy) she is great, everybody in the Hotel show the warm of mexico, we stay room 2909 best view ,top floor.
Booked this hotel with Costco travel. Great
package. Thanks

• Stayed July 2014
Thank you Sr. Whittier for selecting Velas Vallarta through your agency Costco Travel and for sharing your great satisfaction on your recent stay with us. Our spa therapists are certainly very well trained and experienced in the dozens of different treatments that are offered either in our massage cabins or outside over the ocean. Gaby is really one of the mainstays of the group of girls that work hard six days a week in order to provide a professional service to our valued guests. Sr. Whittier, I hope that you will find the opportunity in the near future to relive the joyous times that you spent with us and of course to ask for Gaby on your next spa treatment. Thank you again and best wishes to you and your family in California. Take care.

Barnegat, New Jersey
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Returned 2 weeks ago from a 5 day stay here and I have to say I was impressed.
My daughter (12) and I were in a 1 bedroom suite (3720) which was absolutley wonderful!
Soo much room and the decor and balcony were fantastic! It felt as if we were at home.
I also got to check out a studio room which was very nice as well but if you can afford it go for the 1 bedroom..

The food there is very good for an all inclusive. I had no complaints. There was always something good to eat for breakfast, lunch and dinner. We especially loved the room service option!
We had breakfast out on the balacony at least 3 times during our stay. Drinks were good and they even served Coors Light which was a huge surprise to me since I that's my beer.

The grounds are kept very nicely and the location is great! It was $11.00 to the Malecon which is a definite visit while your there. The staff is very pleasant and very hard workers. I wouldn't hesistate to return to this property again.

ps-the only negative aspects-No bar in the lobby though you can order drinks and the pool was is bathtub warm..I prefer it to be cooler.

Again, all in all a wonderful resort and well worth the money!!

1 Thank TravelerAna
Thank you Ana for your upbeat comments on your recent July vacation with us. I am glad that you and your young daughter found both the resort and your suite to be wonderful. It is an especially nice touch to enjoy a full breakfast on your terrace while viewing the morning fisherman motoring out, on their way to get their catch of the day. And of course the service is included with no extra charge whatsoever. The cuisine is a large aspect of our product and my chef Jorge Sierra manages to create different flavors and combinations every day of the week for your dining pleasure. It would be nice for you to have a sit down bar in our lobby, but as we completely revolve the area daily depending on the evening shows it is hard to have a “fixed” bar unit in place. And as you mentioned, there is wait service to the table to take care of your cocktail (and Coors Light) orders. Ana, thank you again for visiting us for the first time and also for your kind comments. We look forward to hosting you and your young one in the future all the way from Barnegat, New Jersey. Take care.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Puerto Vallarta
Casa Velas
Casa Velas
#2 of 125 in Puerto Vallarta
5.0 of 5 bubbles 1,528 reviews
CasaMagna Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa
CasaMagna Marriott Puerto Vallar...
#8 of 125 in Puerto Vallarta
Iberostar Playa Mita
#3 of 11 in Punta de Mita
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,759 reviews
The Westin Resort & Spa, Puerto Vallarta
The Westin Resort & Spa, Puerto ...
#29 of 125 in Puerto Vallarta
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,803 reviews

Been to Velas Vallarta? Share your experiences!