This was a surprise vacation for my husband's birthday, which I booked about 3 months earlier. Unfortunately, he caught his first case of pneumonia just before that and we almost had to cancel. Naturally the flight wasn't too much fun for him, but our room and the ambiance of the Velas Vallarta Resort made him feel better within a couple of days.
We were in a studio with a full town and ocean view from our balcony. The fridge and pantry was fully stocked, in fact we could have eaten there for the entire week without going out. And the hotel staff graciously added extra fruit and yogurt for me. The hotel has two main restaurants in addition to the large pool-side menu. The casual beach-front eatery had very good food, with a nice buffet breakfast and changing menu each night followed by entertainment. The formal dining room was excellent - the only problem being reservations had to be made first thing in the morning without fail. It was well worth setting an alarm just for that - the rotating nightly theme was really special.
The grounds are magnificant, spacious and lushly planted, with three pools joined by a swim canal. There were peacocks walking thru, iguanas in the trees and a baby turtle sanctuary. There were plastic tote buckets kept in the pool area with baby turtles being nursed along.
The only bad thing about all-inclusive has to be the utter lack of motivation to go outside the resort grounds. The location of Velas Vallarta was perfect for going into Puerto Vallarta either by taxi or a simple half mile walk to the marina and cheap bus ride that takes you right by WalMart and a few other places for necessities. There was also a local shopping center - main attraction is the grocery - a nice walk about a mile away.
We had a great time and would like to try Velas Vallarta again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Velas Vallarta, from the award winning Velas Group, boasts a 10-acre beachfront location with views of the Sierra Madre Mountains in the distance. Located in the Marina Vallarta, one of the most exclusive areas of Vallarta-Nayarit, the resort is also just a few steps away from an 18-hole championship golf course. The center of activity is a lush tropical garden courtyard with three sparkling swimming pools, a cascading waterfall, swim-up bar and even a resident iguana. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelClick, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Velas Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Velas Vallarta Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Velas Vallarta Suite Hotel
- Velas Vallarta Suite Puerto
- Velas Vallarta Resort
- Velas Vallarta Puerto
- Club Velas Vallarta
- Velas Vallarta Suite Resort