“Winter Vacation 2010”

Velas Vallarta
Ranked #6 of 123 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 26 December 2010

Spent our seventh year of vacation at Velas Vallarta. We own a Platinum level, two-bedroom suite. Service was unparalelled, and the accomodations were excellent as usual. Poolside service by Jacinto Hernandez was exceptional and visitors would be wise to sunbathe in the area that he services. His English makes for easy understanding and his sense of humor always brings a relaxed and enjoyable day poolside. We are not on the all-inclusive program which affords us the incentive to bus/cab downtown to visit our favorite restaurants all week. The food at the hotel, however, is much above average. Great family and couples retreat. We highly recommend this resort.

Reviewed 26 December 2010

the staff was amazing from the moment we arrived. The grounds are beautiful. The food was great and the nightly shows were great treat for the entire family. our room was very clean and the kids really enjoyed the turndown service. The poolside service was amazing. Pily was a great Help! We will definitely return to Velas Vallarta in the near future.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 December 2010

I enjoyed the stay which is about the 10th time. The food could still improve though. Not enough Mexican food and it tends to be bland. Needs WAY| more spice and chili. Need more of a variety and to change the menu more frequently for those of us who own multiple units.The fruit was great. The Beach Club at Casa Velas is amazing and Emilianos is very good but still bland.

There are small items in the unit which could be fixed. Broken electrical outlet in living room, lights not hooked to the light switch for one end of the hall and a couple of wood slates on a kitchen cabinet door. But the rooms are very clean and and tidy.

Reviewed 25 December 2010

Very Clean, Great Service. I look forward to returning.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 December 2010

When I was searching for places to book, my co worker mentioned this place and I took him on his word, and I'm glad that I did.
When I booked directly with the hotel I had every questioned answered by phone or email, and I decided to go for the all inclusive (which I normally don't do) but this time I did and I am glad that I did. I was met at the airport with someone holding my name (making me feel like a VIP) and then checking in was the fastest process ever. I went to La Ribera's on the beach after unpacking and was met with a big smile from Jesus and Jorge, and I never went to any other restaurants on the resorts as they made me feel like I was part of their family. Very attentive to anything I asked for, and the room service is the best and top notch that you can expect from the heavy linen napkins and placemats to the presentation equal to that of the restaurants.. being a single traveller I used this a few mornings and ordering was a breeze.
I am a creature of habit and when Jacinto by the pool was so attentive to every need I made sure I sat in his area all the time and my drink was almost empty, he was sure to ask if I needed anything more (even in the busy week of December before Christmas), I was most impressed with the nightly turn-down staff
I am eager to return to Puerto Vallarta for the entire experience again!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 December 2010

We had a wonderful time, beginning with very friendly and courteous help from Geraldine Becerra who answered any questions we had, a beautiful clean room, gorgeous pool, excellent service at poolside, great food and drinks, very nice people working there and we had no problems. We would certainly recommend Velas and plan to go back again.

Reviewed 19 December 2010

When we arrived we had booked a one bedroom suite, they brought us to a studio on the outside, 7th floor. I politely told the bellboy that this was very nice, but not what we had booked. I informed him that I would go down to the front desk and straighten matters out. He told me to wait outside and he would take care of everything. He apologized for their mistake, and within minutes escorted us to a huge 3 bedroom, two bathroom Suite right on the beach! Thanks Francisco. Beach was nice; the water was quite murky though, from fall rains. Pools were incredible.Food was good. Service was the best I have ever seen. Beds were pillow-top, super comfortable. Grounds were impeccable. No one bothered us with time –share at the resort what so ever. All in all, if you want to relax at and be pampered, this is it.