Flying from the SF Bay area, just three and half hours direct and a very pleasant flight. Haven't been in PV for about 20 years, we were anxious for a great vacation. However at our arrival in PV and in spite we had paid in advance a shuttle ($14 US each) to get us out immediately, we didn’t see our driver with the names at the waiting area, so we continue to walk toward the grown transportation area. We made a mistake of asking where the shuttles parked so we could walk in the right direction. Big mistake! We literally got attack by a swarming of time share sales people all posing as reps of the Villa Del Palmar and bouncing us over to another ones, like Ping-Pong balls; finally the last person at the counter’ door was the rep of the resort’ with a name tag. We got the sales pitch from her and at that point, if I had a million dollars with me, I would have given it to her just to get me out and to the hotel. Horrible experience!
She did lead the way to a cab and sends us toward our destination. Then, at the exit door, we saw our names posted by the shuttle.
At our arrival to the resort, was a total different story. Bell boys, registration desk and all the personnel were very sympathetic and eager to help and send us to our room. From day one and the following two weeks, everyone at the resort was incredible helpful, pleasant, good variety of daily activities and night entertainment. The beach with white sand, a pleasure to toast in the sun; good service both around the pools and the beach and the restaurants with a good variety of Italian and Mexican cuisine; our favorite, the seafood platter at Equipales.
On the downside, we broke a rule for the first time; out of desperation at the airport we agreed to attend the timeshare meeting; big mistake; is like going to buy a used car at the near lot. Yes, they gave us the perks promised, but the time and pressure, not worth the effort. First and last time!
Would we choose or recommend this Resort for a future vacation? Absolutely yes; well situated, extremely good service, well kept grounds, all city buses at almost the door, small grocery, pharmacy and boutique all in one in the complex, laundry room, Wi-Fi at $11 at day, and international, domestic phone call very expensive about $2.50 US p/m. Bring your own service or buy a card.
Two short blocks away, is a shopping center with grocery store (every hour hot fresh heavenly bread,) fresh produce and good variety of wines. A mile away north, Wal-Mart and Sams Club, Costco,and a beautiful shopping center,with good restaurants. The near hotels beaches like the Buganvillia Sheraton, connect pretty easy, you can even walk to the PV downtown from the Resort.
Love Puerto Vallarta.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the soft sands of Banderas Bay is Villa del Palmar Puerto Vallarta, an enchanting family resort that combines charming Mexican tradition with upscale sophistication and modernity. The magical resort, situated close to the center of downtown Puerto Vallarta, offers a unique vacation experience that will have you falling in love with the stunning beachfront destination. Boasting two freeform pools, three delicious culinary options and a state-of-the-art spa, Villa del Palmar is everything you need for a fun-filled vacation and more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HRS, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Del Palmar Beach Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Villa Del Palmar Beach Resort And Spa
- Hotel Del Palmar Beach
- Villa Del Palmar Puerto Vallarta
- Resort Del Palmar Beach
- Puerto Vallarta Villa Del Palmar