This was our first all inclusive and first time to PV. We had booked through LS and got a good deal for 5 nights. Having only done cruises before where we only signed for drinks it was annoying to have to sign every time, but this didn't stop us from having a good time. We were anticipating a big sell on the timeshare thing but some how lucked out as it was barely even mentioned. The resort as many said is dated but the rooms are clean. We really enjoyed the "older" crowd as it meant that you didn't have to worry about being kept awake. There was a slight delay in getting to our room but it ended up working out as we were moved to the main building. This allowed me to get wifi access from the room. The $40 for 5 days may seem steep for others but I am used to paying 10-15 per day at hotels in the states. If I had not needed to login for work - the price may have helped me to disconnect for a few days. The staff was very friendly and willing to go that extra mile (particularly Francisco and Joaquin).
I don't think this resort will be a fit for every traveler but it was perfect for us (30/40yr olds - no kids). If we wanted more activities or partying - we could have found it in town. This was perfect for hanging out at the pool, taking a trip into the downtown and relaxing on the beach. The massage included in our package was awesome. I am a picky eater and while the food was not the best - I was always able to find something to eat. If I could have just eaten the guacamole for every meal, I would have. It was that GOOD! I would recommend this resort to others and if we go back to PV again - this would be on our list.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the soft sands of Banderas Bay is Villa del Palmar Puerto Vallarta, an enchanting family resort that combines charming Mexican tradition with upscale sophistication and modernity. The magical resort, situated close to the center of downtown Puerto Vallarta, offers a unique vacation experience that will have you falling in love with the stunning beachfront destination. Boasting two freeform pools, three delicious culinary options and a state-of-the-art spa, Villa del Palmar is everything you need for a fun-filled vacation and more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Del Palmar Beach Resort And Spa
- Villa Del Palmar Beach Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Hotel Del Palmar Beach
- Villa Del Palmar Puerto Vallarta
- Resort Del Palmar Beach
- Puerto Vallarta Villa Del Palmar