After reading some of the reviews prior to our visit I was a little concerned that we may not enjoy the property. We bid on this at a charity auction and had never been to Puerto Vallarta before. Check in was easy and we were passed on to a "concierge" who gave us some information on local activities and taxi fares around the region. She offered us a discount card for activities if we sat through the 90 minute presentation on timeshares. We declined and it was no problem.
Our room was on the first floor across from the bar nearest the lobby. The room itself was a little dated but for two people it was great because we had our own bathrooms and a refrigerator for yogurt and sodas etc.
The grounds are very well kept and the staff was working everyday on landscaping projects. Although we did not lay out at the pools, all of them were beautiful and looked inviting. We prefer the beach and found the bar staff friendly and attentive if you needed something but not overly aggressive. The beach was great with a gradual sloap.
We only ate at the restaurant for lunch twice and it was very good however an I.V.A. Tax was added to our bill. Not a big deal but around 80 pesos tax for lunch. We ended up eating at the Fiesta Americana next door twice (no tax added), and the sea monkey downtown twice ($1.00 margaritas and right on the beach)!
Overall I was pleasantly surprised at the resort. We did not get any spa services but the spa staff came to the beach to tell us of daily specials which seemed like good values. The few problems we had with a leak in the bathroom was promptly fixed.
The store on the property had quite a few things we needed but we also went to the Sorianas market for additional items. Also, the bus stop right near the property was convenient, inexpensive (13 pesos for 2 people) , safe and an easy way to get to town.
Puerto Vallarta was quite a surprise itself! Very authentic Mexican town! The Mexicans have hospitality down! Great restaurants with great views!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the soft sands of Banderas Bay is Villa del Palmar Puerto Vallarta, an enchanting family resort that combines charming Mexican tradition with upscale sophistication and modernity. The magical resort, situated close to the center of downtown Puerto Vallarta, offers a unique vacation experience that will have you falling in love with the stunning beachfront destination. Boasting two freeform pools, three delicious culinary options and a state-of-the-art spa, Villa del Palmar is everything you need for a fun-filled vacation and more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Del Palmar Beach Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Villa Del Palmar Beach Resort And Spa
- Hotel Del Palmar Beach
- Villa Del Palmar Puerto Vallarta
- Resort Del Palmar Beach
- Puerto Vallarta Villa Del Palmar