We stayed for a week at Villa del Palmar over our honeymoon. The hotel is a bit older but they have done a nice job remodeling everything outside of the rooms. The room is older but had very nice bathrooms.
We were not in the hotel room much so this wasn't a big deal for us. The pools were great. One large one with water falls and a slide. They always had activities like volleyball and stuff to do in the afternoons. The beach was pretty nice. A lot of vendors but they had ropes that prevented them from coming up to you a lot. I would recommend not sitting in the front row if you don't want to be harassed.
The restaurants were pretty good for being hotel restaurants. The breakfast buffet was very good. We always ate more than we should have but it was hard not too with great food. The omlete bar was so good. As far as dinners, we didn't eat at the hotel much because we explored the city for authentic restaurants. But we did like the mexican restaurant at the hotel. There is a particular waiter there that made our week. I can't remember his name but you'll know who I'm taking about if you stay/eat there. He is VERY FRIENDLY and always said hi throughout the week. Everyone at the resort liked him.
We did massages at the Spa one day. Very clean and friendly staff. A great value for a couples massage package.
Room service was good. They always swept up the sand that would get tracked in. The towels were always replaced and beds were changed and made. There service was very good.
The hotel is very centrally located to attractions around P.V. I would recommend staying here if you are looking for budget friendly centrally located hotel. If you are looking for an really nice hotel with fancy restaurants, this might not be the place for you... Family friendly and lots to do.
We will definitely return to this hotel in the future with our children. Thanks Villa del Palmar for the great customer service and making our vacation enjoyable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the soft sands of Banderas Bay is Villa del Palmar Puerto Vallarta, an enchanting family resort that combines charming Mexican tradition with upscale sophistication and modernity. The magical resort, situated close to the center of downtown Puerto Vallarta, offers a unique vacation experience that will have you falling in love with the stunning beachfront destination. Boasting two freeform pools, three delicious culinary options and a state-of-the-art spa, Villa del Palmar is everything you need for a fun-filled vacation and more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK) and Odigeo so you can book your Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Del Palmar Beach Resort And Spa
- Villa Del Palmar Beach Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Hotel Del Palmar Beach
- Villa Del Palmar Puerto Vallarta
- Resort Del Palmar Beach
- Puerto Vallarta Villa Del Palmar