“WOW! The most amazing staff and properity!”

Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #25 of 123 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Michigan
“WOW! The most amazing staff and properity!”
Reviewed 5 April 2010

We have been going to PV for 20 years. Six years ago we moved to the Villa del Palmar Beach Resort and Spa. I can't imagine changing hotels after staying here. The staff is amazing. From the time we get out of the cab and the bellmen greet us with a hug, yes, they remember us from year to year, to the waiters and the front desk staff, we always feel so welcome and well taken care of.
The property is so clean due to staff constantly sweeping and picking up trash. Even the beach is raked every morning! Housekeeping is always happy to help with anything that may be needed as well. It's great to have a kitchen right in the Jr. Suite. Attached to the hotel is a Deli and Market that has just about anything you may need including fresh squeezed orange juice and pastries every morning.
The hotel also offers different theme nights every night for those who are interested. Watching the staff spend a whole day setting up the beach party is a true display of the Mexican work ethic!
If Puerto Vallarta is your destination I highly recommend staying at the Villa del Palmar! Get to know the staff and they will never forget you!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (676)
Surrey, B.C.
Reviewed 4 April 2010

We stayed at the Villa Del Palmar for 2 weeks beginning March 20, 2010. On the first night we had a room with a kitchen on the second floor in the main building. Although the accomodation was fine, we found that there was a lot of noise that seemed to come through the door all night. We request a change in rooms and were moved up to the 8th floor where the noise lessened.
We had noted on other advisor comments that there was a problem with people saving chairs at the pool. This turned out to be our most significant complaint.. Throughout our stay finding a couple available chairs at the main pool was a challenge. On our last day we came out at 08:30 to enjoy a couple hours at the pool before checking out. All the chairs had towels on them in the main pool had towels and only a couple of seats remained at the quieter pool. Perhaps this was because it was Easter weekend, but based on other comments I have seen this seems to be a common problem. I cannot really blame the guests because you quickly get the sense that if you don't save your chair, you will not get another opportunity. I blame the management that cannot seem to enforce the rule regarding not saving chairs.
Back to the noise issue, the building we were in where the lobby is has an atrium like center, so not only do you here noise from people in the hallway on your floor the noise from the other floors eminates up through the center. So it did remain an issue throughout our trip.

Now, the positives, the maid service was fine, the pool itself was nice and the kitchen was fine. There was a bar fridge in the room that would make noise when the motor kicked in, and it was difficult to get the ice to freeze in the trays.

There is a very good Grocery store about a block up the street on the other side that has everything you need. We found that we spent a lot of time in the old town/ dowtown areas. The buses are a bit of an adventure, but they arrive every couple minutes and are cheap (6.5 pesos per person... I think it went up on April 1).

I used the Gym daily and found it was nicely appointed with 2 stairmasters, 4 ellipticals, 6 treadmills, 6 bikes, and a weight room along with a stretching\mat room.

Although there is activities for kids (pool games, tennis, shuffleboard, pool , volleyball etc. and a lot to do, for a couple my preference would be to stay in a boutique type hotel in Old town

As suggested by other travellers if you want to avoid the time share sales pitch put them off when you check in (say you just want to go to your room for now). Keep putting them off for a couple more instances and then they leave you alone. In addition, be aware that they charge about $3.5 per day "gratiuty" fee.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Iam2cold
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 4 April 2010

This is a nice, clean hotel. Many guests are time share owners. I liked the relaxed atmosphere and easy access to the beach and pools. We happen to be in the Easter holidays (Semana Santa) when many Mexicans travel with their family. But it was not bad. One thing that bothered us is the fact that they solicited a gratuity toward the end by billing us about 220 pesos >40 per day... not much but why? of course you have the choice to decline it but that was sort of cheesy! Aside from that, several telephone calls to show us property / solicit timeshare purchase, etc, but that is typical of Mexican resorts. I had a chance to take many lovely pictures. The place was well staffed and we had no wait time on any request. Beach is not much for swimming. Small. But for sun tanning, a heaven. Our family suite was enough for 6 people. Kitchenette was equipped but you have to buy dish soap. Luckily, there is a nearby Soriana huge store. We bought juice, milk, beer, etc and we took taxis to eat out. Typical taxi is 5-10 dollars for 1-2 zones, respectively.

Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
Jenison, Michigan
Reviewed 2 April 2010

Your resort is beautiful and we will definitely come back again!! I also want to praise Hector and his amazing staff in the Fitness Center (Gym)!! Hector, Francisco, Cristina and Humberto are delightful and they display a winning attitude everyday! Their enthusiasm for their career choice is evident and each of them fills a very important role for this resort! Please share this with them because they are outstanding employees! You are very fortunate to have them working for you at the Villa del Palmar!! Looking forward to our next visit!! You're the Best!!!

Nevada
Reviewed 25 March 2010

Stayed the week of March 14th in bldg 4, one room suite. Did I have to take my suitcase to my room after I blew them off on attending their time share, yes. Did I mine, NO. At 52 I try to stay in shape. Never ate a meal there. Went to the mall (shopping center) down two blocks and across the street. Purchased lunch and breakfast items, cocktails in the room. Went out to dinner everynight. Victor's Place was the best followed by Agauve Grill and El Barracuda. Went on three Vallarta Adventures (zip line, snorkle, romantic dinner) Book with Vallarta Adventures on-line before you go we received the snorkle for free and 15% off the other two. Not sure how long the deal will last. Vallarta Adventures was really fun. Time share folks were every where. I had fun talking to a couple of them as they tried working me to attend. Read the blog and all the helpful hints (arrivng, taxi's, etc.) in Trip Advisor it really helped us to be prepared. Bottom line we had a great vacation because we didn't bother to bring our lap tops or cell phones. Relax folks that is what a vacation is all about.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mikey1957
E-conciergeManager, General Manager at Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 26 March 2010
We thank you for your valuable time and comments. We hope you will give Villa Del Palmar Vallarta another chance to be your host in the future.

Amherstburg, Canada
Reviewed 20 March 2010

I have stayed at this property on several occasions over the last 20 years and the resort is still very consistent. This year I travelled with my teen daughter and her friend. Besides being very economical (I don't do the all inclusive) this property has the following plusses:
1) Location, location, location. Close to everything by bus at 6 pesos pp.
2) Soriano Supermercado a block down the street. Everything you could possibly need is here. Pick up a bbq'd chicken at the shop outside Soriano. Delicious. We had breakfast and lunch on the patio during the day and went out for supper every night. There are so many excellent restaurants in Vallarta - eating out is truly an adventure.
3) Beautiful, clean pools and great walking beach. There is a quiet pool area on the DelMar side if that's what you want or a loud, fun filled pool for the active.
4) Excellent maid service and always with a smile. A tip goes a long way.
5) Food and ware vendors on the beach. If you're not interested, just say no gracias and they'll leave you alone. Do try the Shrimp on the stick or take a walk north of the Holiday Inn at try the Oasis del Holi on the beach for a very good seafood lunch or dinner.
7) Treat yourself to a massage. Fantastic.

We did the City/Shopping/Tequila Tour, Rythmns of the Night Dinner Cruise and the Pirates of the Bay Cruise. I would recommend all three. The girls enjoyed themselves immensely.

Puerto Vallarta is a fantastic city to explore with so many things to do. I really like the VDP and am hoping to return again very soon. Another great trip and my daughter has named P.V. her newest favorite city. The locals are genuinely nice people.

2 Thank jagmor
JoamilkaContreras, General Manager at Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 22 March 2010
As General Manager of Villa del Palmar Vallarta, I thank you for your valuable comments as they assist us in providing the high level of service our guests have come to expect.

Once again, we thank you very much for your comments, and we hope to have the opportunity to provide you with the excellence in service we are known for and hope you will give Villa Del Palmar Vallarta another chance to be your host in the future.

Harrisonburg Louisiana
Reviewed 20 March 2010

Going back to Villa Del Palmer next month. Stayed a week last Dec. and loved it. I was traveling alone and this was my first trip to Puerta Vallarta. I found the resort to be really charming and spotlessly clean, with the daily maid service . Right on bus line which I used a lot. Sometimes a young boy would hop on the bus with his guitar and sing for tiips. Charming! The one bedroom condo was not luxurious but was very nice . Loved the bathroom with the tiled tub. Short trip to the Malecon by bus , also short trip to Walmart the other direction. The location is perfect to ride the bus everywhere. As far as the timeshare people, I actually enjoyed my experience. I got to ride a nice bus to the Flamingoes and tour their resort which is pure luxury. The agent I talked to was nice
and not overly pushy. I found the best places to buy gifts are found in the little shopping mall at the cruise ship dock. Surprising! Bus stop right across the street. I reasd some bad reviews about this resort but usually the grouches write reviews and the people who like it just don't take the time to write. All in all, I loved it and I am a very experienced traveler having traveled in many countries. Remember, this is Mexico ! Accept it and enjoy the culture and friendliness of the people. You dont find that everywhere.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled solo
2 Thank JeanE93

Also consider these accommodations in or near Puerto Vallarta
Los Arcos Suites
Los Arcos Suites
#24 of 123 in Puerto Vallarta
Playa Los Arcos Hotel Beach Resort & Spa
Playa Los Arcos Hotel Beach Reso...
#28 of 123 in Puerto Vallarta
Villa del Palmar Flamingos
Hotel Casa Dona Susana
Hotel Casa Dona Susana
#22 of 123 in Puerto Vallarta
Hacienda Buenaventura Hotel & Mexican Charm All Inclusive
Hacienda Buenaventura Hotel & Me...
#20 of 123 in Puerto Vallarta
Hilton Puerto Vallarta Resort
Hilton Puerto Vallarta Resort
#36 of 123 in Puerto Vallarta

Been to Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!