“Great Experience at the Crown Paradise Club”

Crown Paradise Club Puerto Vallarta
Ranked #52 of 126 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Oakland, CA
“Great Experience at the Crown Paradise Club”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

The Good:
- VERY family friendly with pools, entertainment, activities, water slides, zip lines, parties etc.
- Food was better than expected. The buffet was fine, and they try to vary the food day to day. The specialty dinners were excellent.
- Staff was very friendly.
- Well maintained all inclusive resort.
- Highly recommended place to stay. I would return again.

The Bad:
The walkways can get slippery when wet.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank BenDRL
Katarina P, Community Manager at Crown Paradise Club Puerto Vallarta, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Hello BenDRL,

Thank you for posting your feedback on your stay with us.
It give us great joy to hear that you had a great experience, that you enjoyed our facilities and loved the food and service we offer.

It will be our pleasure to have you as our guests again in the future, please contact us directly when the time comes so that we can assist in making your return trip as or even more pleasurable.

Thank you for your recommendation!

Greetings from Pto Vallarta,
Katarina

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
Edmonton, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

All the reviews regarding the poor food are so true! The 3 Restaurants were not any better. We ate at the French twice because the stuff chicken and steak were just ok.
The hotel is finished the reno's and the zip line open. The Mexican Spring break is a week before and a week after Easter so the hotel was 97% Mexican familes which was fine but way too many kids. There were squatters camped on the beach in front of the hotel and hundreds of people partying night and day. No one got out of hand but there was a lot of people.
Improvements:
More Chairs and seating areas other than pool loungers. There are not couches, chairs or areas to just hang out and relax. We had to take chairs from the Beach Hot Dog & Hamburger stand and sit on the beach with them.
Free Wifi - come on people $17.00 a day for Wifi is crazy. You can walk a block down the road buy a coffee and get free Wifi.
Will we be back - No and only because of the poor quality of the food and the bacon is still an issue.
Location is good very close to the Marina. Enjoyed seeing the cruise ships come and go.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Katarina P, Community Manager at Crown Paradise Club Puerto Vallarta, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Hello Carrie B,

Thank you for sharing your recent vacation experience at Crown Paradise Club.

We’re sorry that you weren’t satisfied with our food selection. Our main goal is to offer the best in our services and dining options, with 4 restaurants, 3 of them a la carte offering specialty cuisine, 2 snack bars and 24hrs room service, we’re truly disappointed we weren’t able to meet your expectations.

We apologize that your stay was disturbed by resort’s occupancy mainly with children. We do promote ourselves as a family-friendly oriented hotel, and at this time of year we are almost always fully booked.

I appreciate your constructive comments and will share them with the team. I must add that the internet service is provided by an external company and I regret you found the cost too high.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us while visiting beautiful Puerto Vallarta, and should you re-consider giving us another opportunity, please make sure to contact us directly to ensure you have a memorable stay.

Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

Our family just returned from a great 6-day vacation at this all-inclusive resort. The kids had a fantastic time. They loved all three pools and were in them every day. The staff was helpful and kind. We ate at La Palapa - buffet-style, all-you-can-eat restaurant in the middle of the resort. The food was good. They had something for everyone - eggs made to order every morning, fresh fruit at every meal, a smoothie bar at breakfast, great Mexican food. We tried La Piazza and Fujiyama restaurants - NOTE - these both required reservations a day in advance! Decent food at both, but stay away from the sushi - it was sub-par. You will not starve at this hotel - there is food everywhere. The rooms seemed like they were recently redone and were clean and functional. Loved the water pressure in the shower and there was plenty of hot water. Bartenders were quick, organized and kept everyone in line. Layout of the resort is great - everything easy to get to and lots of restrooms. DO GO TO THE AQUAPARK - LOTS OF FUN! A few improvements: Wish they had free wi-fi, and an espresso bar! A/C in our room on low was loud. A thorough 3-ring Guidebook in each room describing the layout of the hotel, room service menu, activities, restaurant menus, towel service, laundry, babysitting, Teen program, spa services, and location of the ATM WOULD HAVE BEEN NICE instead of the poorly copied single piece of paper we received at check-in. I felt like we had to learn all this information either by asking staff or other guests. STAY AWAY FROM THE "FREE" CITY TOUR BY TROPICAL ADVENTURES - TOTAL SCAM. Overall a great experience.

Room Tip: We had a family room with a bunkbed and trundle in its own alcove with a TV, which was wonderful. I...
1 Thank Holly P
Hello Holly P,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit with us here at Crown Paradise Club, and for the lovely compliments on the food, facilities, service and activities. We like to think there is something for everyone - couples, families with children, group of friends, etc., at the resort, so I’m happy to hear you tried most of the features and overall had a great experience.

I’ll share your observations and suggestions for improvement with the team, as this kind of comments are our main tool when considering changes at the property.

Once again thank you for your feedback, we hope you visit us again soon and have another great holiday at CPC!

Plainfield, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

I just got back from a week at Crown Paradise with my husband and my 3 year old. We had a great time!! It's a wonderful family resort. The staff were all very happy and helpful, and seemed to really love their jobs. They were very children oriented & tried catering to them the best they could. We loved the kids club ( A BIG "THANK YOU" to Beni!! Great job taking care of the little ones !!) Our daughter was definitely entertained, while we went to dinner, or just had a couple of hours to ourselves by the bar/pool...Rooms, buffet, entertainment, water park, pool, beach area- all wonderful!! The food in the ala carts restaurants was very good, we repeated them each twice. French restaurant was our favorite. The bars were all well staffed , and the beverages are well served. FIDEL was definitely our FAVORITE BARTENDER. He was extremely friendly and knew his job well. A true asset to Crown Paradise Club!!...The only negative thing I can say about this place is that the coffee was very bad! Everything else was wonderful though. So overall, I think that CP is a fantastic resort for families with kids, but they should definitely improve the quality of their coffee...Stayed April 5-12.

1 Thank agatha w
Katarina P, Community Manager at Crown Paradise Club Puerto Vallarta, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Hello agatha w,

Thank you for staying at Crown Paradise Club and for taking the time to post your comments about the visit.

We’re very glad to know that your stay with us resulted in such a pleasurable vacation, that your 3 year old was entertained to the fullest and that you had the opportunity to have some worry-free time and relax beside the pool and at the bar.

We greatly appreciate the special mention of Beni and Fidel who helped make your stay more pleasant, we will surely congratulate them for their amazing job.

I took note of your observation about the quality of the coffee and will make sure to share it with the F&B management.

Thank you again for your kind comments and we are looking forward to welcoming you again and create new vacation memories for you.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014

I just came back from a 15 day stayed at this hotel. I do agree with some of the reviews. This hotel is great for families. Kids love it. I would not recommend it for couples either. They are better to stay at the Golden Crown right beside. The water park and pools are GREAT. The hotel is very clean and service is good. Food at La Palapa restaurant Definitely needs improvement. Bacon yes they need more bacon specially if they already know it is what most of the visitors request. I heard comments also from other families requesting the bacon and it was always gone right away. My husband and I are not picky eaters and the food was not very good. it has to be improved. The a la carte restaurants are ok Japanese and Italian our favorite the French (steak,cheese fondue great). The Disney show is very good. I would definitely recommend the baby paradise and the kids club. Over all Great experience I do recommend the hotel but the food needs improvement.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Katarina P, Community Manager at Crown Paradise Club Puerto Vallarta, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Hello Liliana I,

Thank you for sharing your experience with the TripAdvisor community. We appreciate you mentioning the features your family especially enjoyed, such as water park, pools, baby and kids club.
We also appreciate your observations regarding the food. We are committed to constant improvement in order to provide our guests with the very best experience, therefore we took our guests’ suggestions and included the bacon as a daily ingredient in the buffet.
We are glad to hear that the family-friendliness of our resort was ideal for your family and that you overall had a great experience.
We sincerely hope to have the opportunity to host you again, and make your stay even more enjoyable next time you visit Crown Paradise Club.

Saskatoon, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

I visited this resort in March, my initial impression when I walked in to the front desk was the resort was dumpy. As you go up to the rooms and the pool areas it does get more appealing. The cleanliness is kept up with very well. The buffet was awful, I stopped eating large portions of food by day two as they didn't offer any variety it was the same food every day almost, changed a few dishes here and there and there is no heating lamps so the food gets cold fast. Bacon was treated as gold and you had to ask for it. Drink variety not good. No juices and no real guacamole served! The adult pool did not offer enough seating and I witnessed guests fighting over chairs, not what I call a vacation for them. The suites bathroom has absolutely no privacy it's a glass door that doesn't even shut. Service was very slow at the fancy restaurants. Overall the resort has potential but it lacks the main needs someone vacationing are expecting! A few minor changes and it could be a great resort. Staff was vey friendly and trustworthy. The good thing is the resort is right near the gates to go on excursions walking distance for most. The pools were good as well and this is a very good resort for a family with children as there's 2 kid pools. All in all it's a 3 out of 5!

• Stayed March 2014
Katarina P, Community Manager at Crown Paradise Club Puerto Vallarta, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Hello Zub55,

Thank you very much for your feedback which is genuinely appreciated as we use this to review what improvements we can make to our product and service.
While I am pleased to note that you enjoyed our location, the pools and in particular our service, I am most concerned to read of your disappointments with our food selection and quality. We have a weekly menu at the Buffet for breakfast, lunch and dinner that changes daily, also specialty restaurants’ menu with varied options, and many other options at our snack bars and room service menu, all this in order to meet our guests’ different tastes.
We apologize we failed to meet your expectation of a relaxing vacation, but assure you that we’ll use your comments in a constructive manner.
Once again, thank you for reviewing Crown Paradise Club, and we hope you consider visiting us again soon.

Kind regards,
Vancouver Island BC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014

We have just returned from a fabulous 15 nights at the Crowne Paradise Club is Puerto Vallarta and it really was Crowntastic as they say. I have both good and bad to review but the good is outstanding and the bad is fixable…
We traveled with West Jet from Vancouver and everything went smoothly. Check-in was great and easy and we were taken to a lovely room in the apartment section of the hotel. It’s a building on the property where the rooms all have a kitchen, dining room and living room as well as a nice king sized bed in the bedroom. If you are on a long stay – or even just a family of four I highly recommend upgrading to this room type). While we didn’t use the kitchen perse it was nice to have a fridge for drinks and a kitchen sink and counter space. The dining room ended up being a great drop zone but had we opted for room service (which is available until 11pm) it would have been great. The best part of the room was the ability to stretch out on a couch after a long day of sun tanning and eating and drinking – instead of having to lay in your bed…

The grounds of the property and the beach all score high marks. 3 swimming pools, 4 bars within easy walking distance (that gradually lessened as night came on..), a snack bar, a buffet that is open for long periods – they’ve got it all covered. While there was the occasional small scaffold I would say that the upgrades are almost done. It’s Mexico so I believe it’s always kind of a work in progress… It never got it in the way of anything so that’s good. There is still renovation on a bank of rooms but they do not affect the flow at all.

The staff and the service are for the most part great! Many of the staff have been there for years and years and it shows. They are happy in what they do and they do it well. It didn’t take more than a day or two for everyone to start knowing our likes… The bars are well stocked with a good variety of nice liquors. And they are more than willing to put whatever you want into a glass for you – blend it, stir it, put it in a travel mug, regardless of size, whatever it is they are happy to accommodate.

The biggest thing you need to know about this hotel is that it caters to (and very well I might add) families with children. If you are not partial to seeing droves of children almost everywhere until about 10pm…. then this is not the hotel for you. You would be best to book at the adjoining Golden Crown Paradise where kids are not allowed. The benefit is that while staying there you can still take advantage of all of the facilities at the Crown.

The property has 3 a-la-carte restaurants (Japanese, French and Italian) and they are definitely worth the visit. You can’t wear beach clothes but for us – that was a nice part of the holiday – I got dressed up for dinner and my guy wore a nice pair of long shorts or pants – and we ate amazing food!
If you enjoy Japanese food you will love the Fujiyama. They even have an unlimited sushi/salad bar. I am not a fan and didn’t really enjoy my dinner. This is where their level of service came in. Our waiter just asked me what I would prefer and allowed me to invent something that was sort of ‘off menu’ but available and I was happy. I couldn’t ask for better. Our favorites were the French (Sans Souci) and the Italian (La Piazza). We rotated between these two restaurants for our entire stay and enjoyed each and every meal. Many times it was so good we ordered a double order (Crepe Suzettes and the Shrimp Crown come to mind…lol). No matter what our request they did their best to satisfy.
During the day there is a snack bar in front of the beach that serves made to order burgers as well as a couple of salads and fries and usually something battered like veggies or fish. They had pizza but it was basically red cardboard. Again, you could find something. It would have been nice to have things like ribs and chicken wings. (They are on the room service menu..)
The bad of this hotel with regards to food is the Buffet (La Palapa) but even they have their good! The buffet offers a lot of choice and variety – salads and fruit, breads and pastries, as well as warm food and a couple of items made to order.
Breakfast – has an omelet station where Juan will make you any style of fried egg or omelet that you want. He is also the keeper of the bacon – which is hard to find, runs out fast and very well done – but it’s bacon…). There is also someone who will make you fresh juice drinks and someone who will make pancakes to order. All of these items are good. Where they fall flat is the food in trays – it doesn’t always look appealing, it’s usually over cooked and covered in some kind of sauce and very rarely even warm. I would say cool… We always managed to be very happy with our omelets and bacon and I believe that even the pickiest of eaters can find something that they will like.
Lunch and dinner at the buffet also had items that were made to order like a hotdog/hambuger station as well as a hot sandwich station at lunch and a pasta bar and crepe dessert station at dinner. Again the food being served in the food trays was saucy, over cooked and cold. If you love veggies and fresh fruit you will be quite happy. Also, another positive about the buffet was that they tried to accommodate where possible. I always wanted quesadillas at lunch and couldn’t find them anywhere. They had a great – non spicy salsa in the buffet at lunch and if you asked, someone would go to the kitchen and appear 5 minutes later with freshly made quesadillas…

All in all I would highly recommend this hotel to families!
If you are there and have any problems at all go and find Marianna at the Conceirge desk (by the Japanese restaurant) and she will get you all taken care of. She is amazing!!

Room Tip: Rooms near the childrens pool can get very noisy at times. If you are looking for extra space - or...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Katarina P, Community Manager at Crown Paradise Club Puerto Vallarta, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Hello needingsun69,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback following your recent stay at Crown Paradise Club.
I was delighted to read that you enjoyed the facilities and the service that we provided you with. I’m happy that your room suited you perfectly, and that you found our food selection in the a la carte restaurants to your liking.
I’m sorry that we fell short in your expectations in regards to the buffet, I understand you preferred the options offered during breakfast, and that you consider we should improve the dishes presented at lunch and dinner. I’m glad to hear you always found something to your preference and that our staff accommodated your request when required.

Kind regards and many thanks once again for your invaluable feedback.