“Great family resort”

Ranked #49 of 125 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Prince George, Canada
“Great family resort”
Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

Our family of 5 stayed at this resort for 2 weeks. We have a 4 year old daughter and 1 year old twin boys. This resort was conveniently close to the airport which was a must for us. Our arrival was good. Angel the bellboy is amazing and extremely helpful. Treat him well. He works hard and always greeted everyone in our family every time we saw him. He always asked us how our stay was going.

We did not have the 2 cribs we had requested in our room when we arrived. Angel made sure to get them delivered. The hotel was full and we were told by Eric that we would only get one. We gave the hotel an hour to get both playpens in our room or we would call westjet and demand a hotel change. We did receive the playpens after many excuses. Although it was not Angels job he was so helpful with this matter.

The room was a basic room. Our room faced the street which we were fine with. Flor was our cleaning lady and she did such and amazing job. Although she did not speak English she greeted us and our children every time she saw us. We were on the 4th floor. The elevator was small but in good working condition and we rarely had to wait long for it.

Service at the buffet was on and off. Some helped us, some did not. It was disappointing when all the Mexican families are being served and we were not. After 2 weeks we had great service from Cesar, Martin, Daniel, Alexis among many others. We did notice they were very tip motivated which is irritating. Cesar was our favorite. He gave great service without expecting a tip so we often sat a table in his area and left him tips because he clearly deserved it.

The 3 restaurants had fantastic service. The food was really good. We booked at 6:30-7:00 when they weren't very busy. Service was quick and efficient at every meal. Booking them can be frustrating. You call but the line is always busy. Call early in the morning.

There is a market right beside the resort which was convenient. The cruise ships dock right beside the resort and if you are interested in the pirate ship it docks beside the resort as well. Walmart, SAMs Club, a mall and Casino are all 10 mins walk away. There is a SorianaSupermarket 2 min walk away. Beware of the guys from Crystal trying to get you to look at their resorts. They are pushy and irritating.

Carlos was the best bartender. He treated us well. Ofelia and Jose were very friendly as well. The drinks are weak so I recommend ordering doubles.

My husband and I have travelled all over the world. This resort was by far the best. It was an enjoyable time. Our timing must have been right. The beach chairs were never full and you could find chairs by the pool throughout the day. The kids activities were great. Free zip lining at this resort was a bonus.

• Stayed May 2014
5 Thank Kerri90
Katarina P, Community Manager at Crown Paradise Club Puerto Vallarta, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Hello Kerri90,

Thank you very kindly for your positive review of our hotel. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us! I apologize that there were no spare cribs upon your arrival, I must say that special requests are not guaranteed and are subject to availability, however I understand your disappointment and am glad that it was resolved in the end.
Your input and opinions are important to us and are useful not only to other travelers but also to our hotel, as our guests’ suggestions for improvements are very helpful to management staff to see where we could improve.

I will be sure to pass on your lovely compliments to the staff members you mentioned. They will be pleased to know that they helped make your vacation special.

We’re glad you had a great family vacation and thank you for your support. We look forward to your return! Please feel free to contact us directly as we would be happy to assist in arranging your next visit.

Katarina

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
Carson City, Nevada
Reviewed 7 May 2014

We have been coming back to this hotel on and off for the last 10 years and unfortunately have watched it decline since then however, this trip put us over the edge. We noted some of the areas around the grounds appeared dirty, ponds with trash in them and never cleaned out. Upon our arrival we were given an average room on the 2nd floor which faced the pool area. This room appeared to have seen better days and the bathroom should have been condemned. The towel rack fell off the wall, sink facets were leaking and the shower glass on the side was ready to beak away. Also the room had an awful sewer smell and the air conditioning unit sounded like a diesel truck running al night. I would have thought that due to the fact we made our reservations nearly four months in advance, we would have been set up with a better room and the fact that we were returning customers...NOT!.. Other folks we spoke with made reservations a week in advance were given a nice room on the 8th floor with a ocean view, bedroom and kitchenette. Its probably a good thing we were on the 2nd floor though, as we were told on the day of our arrival that some people had gotten stuck in the elevator for 5 hours prior to our arrival so we opted to use the stairs. We also noted that people were saving the bed lounges next to the pool which according to the posted sign was prohibited but apparently not enforced. So my wife would get up at 6am each morning and grab one placing out towels and whatnot on them. One morning we returned to our poolside bed lounge to find some lady on it and she refused to move and return our towels. After arguing with this so called lady to no avail, we met with the front desk manager and advised him of the situation. He said we should not have left the towels on it. My wife the politely explained to him that if he was going to lecture her on the rules then he needed to go speak to all the others at the pool lounges who were doing the same. needless to say that went no where. The food was mediocre at best and the only reason I am giving this two stares is due to the fact the other employees of the hotel were polite and helpful. Sorry Crown Paradise. We are done.

Room Tip: Ask for one at arrival.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank DWoomer
Katarina P, Community Manager at Crown Paradise Club Puerto Vallarta, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Hello Dwoomer,

I would like to apologize on behalf of Crown Paradise Club that we did not fulfill your expectations during your recent stay with us and that you were not pleased with your room and the attention provided. We take great pride in having the best and friendliest staff and we try to resolve guests issues as quickly as possible and I regret that you did not have the relaxing holiday we would have liked for you to have.
Your feedback has been forwarded to management to review as we aim to provide a unique stress free vacation for our guests.
If you would like to contact me directly as to provide me with more details, this would help us in seeing where some guests are unsatisfied and would help us in making changes in the future.

Thanks again for taking the time for posting as we want to hear all comments, good and construction. We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back and change the poor perception you have of our hotel. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can be of assistance.

Kind regards,

Travellers are raving about these Puerto Vallarta hotels

San Jose, California
Reviewed 30 April 2014

My family of four (2 boys, 5 yrs & 3 yrs old and the 3rd is due on August 01st) traveled to Puerto Vallarta and stayed at Crown Paradise Club for a week from April 16 – April 23. Overall, we had a great vacation in Puerto Vallarta and the resort. Here are my personal experiences I would like to share with the future travelers.

Arrival at the airport, we took a taxi to the resort for 215 pesos or $20 usd not a penny more. They will try to rip you off if you don’t have pesos. Taxi back to the airport from the resort is 100 pesos or $10 usd.

Arrived at the resort, check-in was a breeze. Our room was on the 4th floor, #419. The balcony was facing the kids water park and to the left; the infinite pool and the beach. The room was recently renovated with modern amenities, but no refrigerator or ice marker. If you want ice, you have to go to the bartender to get it, a bit inconvenience. Being on the top floor is not too bad, my pregnant wife and the kids had no problem going up and down the stairs. The room was clean, but we still had to wipe down the room (toilet, sink, cabinets, draws and floor, etc.) with disinfecting wipes before we unpacked. We went and bought our own water, so we don’t have to call everyday for a complimentary bottle of water (worth 10 pesos, less than a dollar) not worth the trouble.

Since the resort is catered to Mexican families (95%), the foods at the buffet were authentic Mexican cuisine. We had no problem the foods. There were bacons every morning at the omelet stations. We tried all three special restaurants (French, Italian, and Japanese), they were all very good. Beware; the service at the Italian restaurant was extremely slow. We had to leave without our desserts after two hours of dinner serving. I found the bars at the lobby and the adult Jacuzzi were the best.

If you’re planning to lounge all day by the pool or beach; you will need to get up early to reserve those lounge chairs. We’re not a family of lounger, so we don’t have a problem with people reserving then by placing their belongings on it and leave for hours before actual usage.
The entertainments were good, different shows every night. My five yrs old had a blast with the Disney and acrobatic shows. The staffs were multi tasks and talented. They worked very hard to keep everybody entertain and happy.

During our week long vacation, we used the local buses to get around. We went to Victor’s Place in Marina Vallarta for dinner and free wi-fi. We went El Centro, Mismaloya Zoo, Tony’s Hideaway for lunch and the beach (where they filmed The Night of the Iguana.)

Overall, we had a great vacation and would recommend this resort to families with little ones. I had vacation in Mexico numerous times and usually we stayed at different resorts each time. But this one, we would like to come back in the near future. The only complain I had were, they don’t allow the adults from Paradise Club side to go to the Golden side. But, the Golden Crown Paradise side can go over the Paradise Club side. Anyway, my wife and I had our honeymoon on the Golden Crown Paradise back in 2007 and wanted to go over to the Golden side to take some pictures for our scrapbook, but were not allowed. What a bummer.

Room Tip: 4th floor with the view of the water park, infinite pool and the beach
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Katarina P, Community Manager at Crown Paradise Club Puerto Vallarta, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Hello familyvacation041011,

On behalf of Crown Paradise Club I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us while vacationing in beautiful Puerto Vallarta and for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor. I’m sure many travelers will appreciate your detailed account of your experience at the hotel and local attractions. It is always a pleasure to read about our guests’ positive impressions, especially when they’re planning to return.
I’m sorry if you found the exclusivity of our sister resort an inconvenience, the option of using the Crown Paradise Club facilities is an added value to our guests staying at the Golden, this being the property with slightly higher rates.

Thank you again for your valuable comments and let us know about your next visit as we’d love to give you a warm welcome and make sure you have a memorable stay!

Waterdown, Canada
Reviewed 30 April 2014

We really enjoyed ourselves at the Crown Paradise Club for two weeks during the March break. Service was great, staff was friendly, the resort was clean and many upgrades were being finished. The place was freshly renovated and painted and looked very nice. The rooms were newly renovated and comfortable. There was plenty of choice at the buffet to eat there every day and the specialty restaurants were great as well. Our kids really enjoyed the water park and the cooking with the kids club. The entertainment staff were great, especially with the kids and the entertainment was enjoyable. Drinks were good, not just cheap stuff you usually find at an all-inclusive. Our favourite staff members were Lena, Angel and Xavier and Martín. Definitely great value for the money and I would return again and recommend it to other families. My only criticisms are that the pool washrooms could be cleaned a bit more frequently, lose the placemats on the tables in the buffet restaurant and loud construction (chipping the paint with a chisel off the handrail by the pool) could have been saved for a quieter time of year. Also the kids club should have been more regulated with a published schedule and a sign in and out system.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Hello tcgirl3,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review! It is excellent to know how much you enjoyed staying with us.
Thank you for commenting on the friendliness of our team as well as the cleanliness of the resort. I’m glad you liked the comfort of our newly renovated rooms, the food and drinks quality and selection, and enjoyed the entertainment provided.
You can be assured that your constructive criticism will be taken into consideration as it will, no doubt, help us to intensify our efforts and improve our services for our guests.

We appreciate your recommendation and hope that you will visit us again soon.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Stayed for a week from 4/10-4/17

Positives:
*food was good! :) don't know what all the fuss is about with the negative food revies...it was AUTHENTIC Mexican food, so maybe the hotel guests are used to Mexican food from El Torito or such places? Anyway, buffet had great variety, even for the days I felt like eating "light"
*favorite a la carte: Fujiyama...
*Fidel at the Adult-Only pool bar is awesome! He's so friendly, polite, and tries his best to make sure you enjoy his drinks...goes out of his way to make sure you're happy! Always had a smile on his face!
*Plenty of pool choices
*Bar at the beach so we didn't have to walk far to get drinks
*Reservations were not hard to make

Negatives:
*Small adult-only area...maybe some more lounge chairs...
*Consider having a waitress to service the adult-only area...saw waitresses at the main pool...
*Adult-only pool should have bigger signs that say NO CHILDREN...often times, parents would bring their kids and stay until a security guard would come do his/her rounds and let them know they could not be there.
*Adult-only pool should have some steps to get in or out of it...
*Pillows were horrible!!!! :(
*Floors were slippery when wet

Overall, we enjoyed our vacation! We got to relax and just lounge around...which is exactly what we wanted out of this vacation. Got a little nervous because I didn't realize how "family-friendly" this resort was before I booked...I saw the pictures after and thought "OMG, how am I going to relax with all these kids running around", but it wasn't so bad...adult-only pool was the saving-grace for that! :) (Nothing against kids, I'm a teacher, I love kids...but was looking for a break from them!!!)

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Katarina P, Community Manager at Crown Paradise Club Puerto Vallarta, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Hello CJHern,

Many thanks for posting on Tripadvisor. It is so great that you enjoyed your week with us, and that you liked our food selection, pools, beach bar and service. We’re really happy to know we were able to provide you with relaxing vacation and met most of your preferences.
Be assured that we take very seriously all constructive feedback from our guests, and welcome all suggestions.

We hope you will choose to stay with us again the next time you are visiting this beautiful destination, please feel free to contact us directly so as to make sure you have another wonderful stay.

Kamloops
Reviewed 27 April 2014

My daughter (18) and I travelled to this resort from Apr 03 - Apr 14 and I will give an unbiased and totally honest review.
How could I say anything wrong when a resort takes the time to decorate our room with streamers and balloons to celebrate my daughter's birthday and gives her a personalized cake at dinner...that my friends is going up and beyond!!!
Sooooo many people have complained about the food, yet we saw people munching all day everyday so it couldn't have been that bad...lol We always found things to eat and being a picky eater myself, but I always found things to fill me up.
We had a hoot with Fidal at the adult pool and he was very open and friendly and meticulous in keeping his bar clean all the time. We were there when he was put under pressure by a group of big wigs and he passed with flying colors. There were a few days that he searched all over the resort to find Bailey's as I love Mudslides for breaky...lol. HOLA FIDAL YOU ROCK MY FRIEND xoxoxo
The outstanding bartenders at the main beach bars...Isaac and Angel and all the others made sure that we had fun there every night. Ask for an Isaac Special shooter tastes just like a posicle BUT beware lethal:)) GREAT JOB GUYS!!!
The Nitro wellllll that is very different than the clubs in town but trust me still fun if you have the right mindset. The staff there are a blast and we met a ton of people at the resort so spent a few nights right until close dancing and having fun. We did see a few of the shows Disney was our favorite...lol
We spent the majority of our days at the Adult pool but did venture over the entertainment pool for volleyball and tunes...Yes, people, it is Mexican rules so make sure you are on the team with the guy with the whistle (tee hee) The only thing that would be nice that could be changed is some music at the Adult pool, not blasting but some background tunes to add to the experience.
We spent some nights on the Malecon at the clubs and also went to Andelas and the Roxy one night. Soooooooo much fun and great memories:)
You have the opportunity to have a professional photo shoot done by the hotel for FREE! Do It! We have 10 amazing pics on CD that only worked out to $80.00 and fantastic keep sakes of our trip.
Many people we met were from the sister resort who were upset that we couldn't join them next door as they could be on our property anytime. We didn't mind but after thinking about it...why couldn't we? When I booked my vacation I spent more $ to be in renovated rooms etc than what the Golden was offering. It's all good but maybe something to consider changing in the future. Not for anyone under 18 of course but flexibility to wander and meet more people might have people returning more often:)
Anyhooooo...for all of you considering this resort...Just Do It...Fun is what you make of it :)))

Room Tip: We were on the top floor facing the main complex...the timeshare...I mean club membership guys have...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank SmileUROnHoliday
Katarina P, Community Manager at Crown Paradise Club Puerto Vallarta, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Hello SmileUROnHoliday,

Thank you so much for posting such a great review! Our desire is that all our guests can be as satisfied as you are. It was our pleasure having you at the resort.
Thank you for mentioning how much you enjoyed your stay and the service you received from our team. They really go above and beyond to please our wonderful guests, and noticing their efforts is truly rewarding.

Our sister resort Golden Crown Paradise is an adults-only property where we offer our guests serenity and relaxation, whereas Crown Paradise Club although it does have adults-only areas, is family-friendly oriented with great variety of activities throughout the resort. As we strive to keep this more intimate atmosphere in Golden, we only let the guests staying in that property use the facilities at the family side. We’re truly sorry if this was an inconvenience for you, and I suggest you may consider the adults-only resort for your future stay if you feel it better meets your needs.

Thank you for choosing the Crown Paradise Club and leaving such a great feedback, we certainly hope to see you again!

Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

We took our 5 and 10 year old kids to the resort for the week of April 11. We took a shuttle with Royal Tours from the airport and it was new and professional. Check in was fast and Angel took us to our room and made us feel welcome. Pools were great, aqua park suited for 8 and under and the other two family pools were heated and great. Jelly fish that week kept us out if the ocean but pools made up for it. Zip lines great and food was ok with a la crates were good. Ha a great vacation

Stayed April 2014
Katarina P, Community Manager at Crown Paradise Club Puerto Vallarta, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Hello Jantzm,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. It is excellent to know that your check-in experience was fast, along with Angel’s excellent service and warm welcome.
We love hearing that your kids enjoyed the activities offered throughout the resort, and that you were pleased with our pools and food selection.
We appreciate you writing a review on your experience, and hope to see you again soon for another fun filled family vacation!