Our family of 5 stayed at this resort for 2 weeks. We have a 4 year old daughter and 1 year old twin boys. This resort was conveniently close to the airport which was a must for us. Our arrival was good. Angel the bellboy is amazing and extremely helpful. Treat him well. He works hard and always greeted everyone in our family every time we saw him. He always asked us how our stay was going.
We did not have the 2 cribs we had requested in our room when we arrived. Angel made sure to get them delivered. The hotel was full and we were told by Eric that we would only get one. We gave the hotel an hour to get both playpens in our room or we would call westjet and demand a hotel change. We did receive the playpens after many excuses. Although it was not Angels job he was so helpful with this matter.
The room was a basic room. Our room faced the street which we were fine with. Flor was our cleaning lady and she did such and amazing job. Although she did not speak English she greeted us and our children every time she saw us. We were on the 4th floor. The elevator was small but in good working condition and we rarely had to wait long for it.
Service at the buffet was on and off. Some helped us, some did not. It was disappointing when all the Mexican families are being served and we were not. After 2 weeks we had great service from Cesar, Martin, Daniel, Alexis among many others. We did notice they were very tip motivated which is irritating. Cesar was our favorite. He gave great service without expecting a tip so we often sat a table in his area and left him tips because he clearly deserved it.
The 3 restaurants had fantastic service. The food was really good. We booked at 6:30-7:00 when they weren't very busy. Service was quick and efficient at every meal. Booking them can be frustrating. You call but the line is always busy. Call early in the morning.
There is a market right beside the resort which was convenient. The cruise ships dock right beside the resort and if you are interested in the pirate ship it docks beside the resort as well. Walmart, SAMs Club, a mall and Casino are all 10 mins walk away. There is a SorianaSupermarket 2 min walk away. Beware of the guys from Crystal trying to get you to look at their resorts. They are pushy and irritating.
Carlos was the best bartender. He treated us well. Ofelia and Jose were very friendly as well. The drinks are weak so I recommend ordering doubles.
My husband and I have travelled all over the world. This resort was by far the best. It was an enjoyable time. Our timing must have been right. The beach chairs were never full and you could find chairs by the pool throughout the day. The kids activities were great. Free zip lining at this resort was a bonus.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A MODERN FAMILY-FRIENDLY ENVIRONMENT The ambiance here at the Crown Paradise Club Puerto Vallarta, All Inclusive Resort is one of casual family fun. Our oceanfront resort was designed with myriad places to have fun and relax with an aquapark with 9 slides a pirate ship and a castle, big jacuzzi with swim up bar for adults, 3 a la carte restaurants and more... All the fun for big and small! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, LoveHolidays, Traveltool, S.L.U., Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, HRS, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Crown Paradise Club Puerto Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crown Paradise Club Puerto Vallarta Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Crown Paradise Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Playa De Oro