“Fun Family Vacation”

Crown Paradise Club Puerto Vallarta
Ranked #50 of 125 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
“Fun Family Vacation”
Reviewed 24 August 2014

We had a great time at this resort. Our younger kids loved the water slides and swimming in the pools. Our teenagers enjoyed the beach and hanging out by the pool. It was hard to get loungers most days, but if we noticed that a saved lounger hadn't been used in a few hours we would move the towel to the side and use the lounger until someone came back to claim it. We liked the convenience of the buffet restaurant most days, but enjoyed the french restaurant as well. We came to this resort last year and we were looking forward to having the flaming coffee again, but we were disappointed to find out that they don't offer it any more.
Over all, this was a great vacation, we would love to come back.

5 Thank Adrian F
Katarina P, Community Manager at Crown Paradise Club Puerto Vallarta, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Hello Adrian F,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to Crown Paradise Club. I am happy to hear that you had a great time and that your children enjoyed the facilities.
We hope you and your family will return many times in the months and years to come when we will do our best to build another great family vacation memory for you.

Next time you’re with us just make a request for the flaming coffee, we’ll be happy to serve it for you.

All the best,
Katarina P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Lets start for a supposedly all inclusive, you get a free bottle of water, but next is with charge What?? So i can drink gallons and gallons of beer and soda but i can't get a bottle of water?? Stupid. This is so frustrating specially when you go with kids or babies, so I believe they take advantage of it to gain some money. Shame

Next, Wi-fi? of course IF you pay for the password, you kidding, No, is truth they charge you for the password. fortunately i didn't need wifi but if some one is on business or want any info of surroundings or simply stay in touch. You have to pay.

Local phone calls, guess what you have to pay. Don't remember last hotel i went and charged me for local phone calls. Fortunately i didn't need them but what if you want some info of a tour in the city call the airport, or anything. You have to pay.

There is only one buffet restaurant and obviously everybody etas there so guess what happens at 10 am, you have to do a big line to eat and wait 20 or 30 minutes I uploaded a photo of this. Worst of all you are going to eat the same everyday, there is no variety. I was hoping to eat good fish and shrimp, but everything is cheap meat. There are some other restaurants but with reservations only. They are free, but when you are on vacation you don't want to take care about clock, you want to say im hungry now im going to eat when i want no when they want.

There is no pool bar so you have to walk to o to this beverage points, there are only 3 bars for all the costumers so you have to wait long time to be attended. Then finally is your turn you ask for a beer and they give you a microscopic glass, so you want another then wait another 15 minutes, soon you realize is a waste of time and you decide better to go and buy something outside the hotel.

Beach is ok the only problem is that there is a lot of vendors disturbing do you want this do you want that. I'm on an "all inclusive" i shouldn't need anything.

There are shows at nights but is in a place outside the hotel and you have to walk like 1 block, returning to the hotel at midnight in a lonely street is not a good scenario.

Kids pool is good but there is like a pirate ship very dangerous, there is no handrail and there is a risk of falling. I uploaded a pic about this. Hope they fix this problem or maybe they are waiting that some kid falls and then fix it.

Pool and bars closes early so there is 9:00 pm still sunlight and the hotel is like shut down. there is no 24 hrs snack so if you are wake up at night and suddenly you say lets go for something and a beer, there is nothing you can do.

But there is a good thing of this hotel is well located. There is a supermarket 1 block away where you can by water and stuff. The marina is aside so lots of ships and other attractions depart form this point. There is a flea market very near, and airport is also near. Maybe location is the only thing good to mention of this hotel.

There is a beautiful dock that enters in the sea where you could get great pics when sun hides or rises but there is a chain on it and is always closed don't know why they waste this beautiful construction

Very expensive hotel for what it offers not an all inclusive, I will never come back.

4 Thank Eder55
Katarina P, Community Manager at Crown Paradise Club Puerto Vallarta, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Dear Eder55,

Thank you for taking the time and effort to send us your feedback. I am very sorry to hear to read that we did not meet your expectations. We always appreciate guest feedback and continuously take comments into consideration as we strive to improve our on-property experience.

It is a pleasure to learn that you were able to take advantage of our convenient location but apologize for the dissatisfaction in services you encountered.
We always try to do everything we can to ensure that our guests receive enhanced amenities and services while we keep our prices low.

We are always listening to our guests and appreciate your candid comments. Thank you again for sharing your experience and we hope we'll have another opportunity serve you.

Kind regards,

Travellers are raving about these Puerto Vallarta hotels

Jacksonville, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 12 August 2014

This is the first time that my family and I have stayed at Crown Paradise. It's been a month now and my children can't stop talking about it while we have dinner. that leads me to believe that they had a great time, and that they will treasure for ever. Now my wife and I personally spend our honey moon there and we still talk about it when our friends ask us where we spend our honey moon at. I guess what I am trying to say is that we love the resort so much that we have been a guess there for 3 different occations. We love the staff hospitality, profesionalious, friendlyness, and over all we feel like family. The location of the resort can't be in a better place close to a grocerie store, wall mart, marina, and old down town Puerto Vallarta. I will always have Crown Paradise be the resort for me and my family now and in the future

2 Thank Lorena M
Katarina P, Community Manager at Crown Paradise Club Puerto Vallarta, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Hello Lorena M,

I'm so glad you and your family had such a great time with us. Thank you for coming back, what an honor! I appreciate you sharing your experience on TripAdvisor, we are lucky to host you! Thank you for your kind words, and we hope to welcome you again in the near future.

Warm regards,
Reviewed 11 August 2014

My family (kids 6 and 2) and my in-laws stayed at this property a couple of weeks ago and had a fantastic time. From checking with Mariana M (Best Concierge in Mexico!) through the delivery of our luggage by Angel (BEST Bellman in Mexico!). Between these two great individuals our stay was THE BEST!! My mother in-laws are vegetarian and Marianna made sure all of the restaurants were aware of this to help accommodate her diet. The Lapalapa restaurant from the concierge Laura, Yara (sp?) , the chef and staff were truly a joy to see everyday. When we walked into the restaurant, the staff made sure my mother in-law diet was accommodated (THANK YOU!). Our waiter Octavia was a top-notch person. He was always very attentive and always had a smile on his face. Make sure to ask for his table when you request your seating. He will definitely take care of you. The bar staff at all of the locations onsite were extraordinary. A special credit for the lobby bartender (forgot his name) and the ocean side bartender, Issac. These guys “bleed” excellent customer service. The team at the activity center near the Oceanside pool was remarkable. Truly everyone works hard at this hotel. My family and I will be going back again!

Room Tip: Room number 426 was awesome! Great location and great view!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Katarina P, Community Manager at Crown Paradise Club Puerto Vallarta, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Hello Bruce M,

It is nice to read that when staying here at the Crown Paradise Club, you experienced the amazing service we offer. We truly appreciate you noticing that our staff works tirelessly every day to make each guest experience unique and special. Thank you for commenting that we made your vacation truly memorable.
We are glad you had a blast and will return again in the future. Thank you so much for your five point review.
On behalf of all the staff here I can say we can’t wait to fill your days with fun and excitement and most of all - great memories.

Warmest regards,
Hazel Park, Michigan
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I took my young daughter here this year because there had been a hurricane in Cancun and the same hotel there was damaged. I could compare both. There were many things for us to do and I felt safe leaving my daughter at the kids club and she had a blast each day. I enjoyed the pools and the beach. The staff was always friendly and excited to help. I would return to this property. I didn't prefer the downtown area of Puerto Vallarta though in comparison to Cancun. (I actually traveled about 9 years ago)

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Katarina P, Community Manager at Crown Paradise Club Puerto Vallarta, responded to this review, 9 August 2014
Hi Stephanie R,

Thank you for staying at the Crown Paradise Club Puerto Vallarta. I see that you’ve visited our property in Cancun as well, and tried to give us your comparison of the two. Both of the hotels have had numerous changes during the years but what they certainly have in common is that they are family-friendly oriented and known for their great hospitality.

We look forward to seeing you soon, thanks for posting!

Warm regards,
Mty
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Luckily, we were there just to spend the day. We bought a very expensive day pass for what we got. Food was terrible and made with low quality ingredients. Long line to get a single ice cream scoop! Two of my kids got sick.
Besides that, there were not enough seats at the beach. It was allowed to 'reserve' a place
with a towel even if not nearby!
The sense was of an old, not clean nor customer-oriented hotel.

• Stayed July 2014
Dear MacPapita,

Thank you for posting the feedback about your recent visit to the hotel.

I apologize that after only spending a day you left with such negative impression. If given the opportunity, you may have seen that Crown Paradise has a lot to offer and is the reason our guests return year after year. We have an extensive food menu, with numerous restaurants, nightly theater shows, amazing Kids club, Baby club, etc…. too many things to list and not to leave out our staff.

We’re sorry we didn’t live up to your expectations but thank you for giving us the opportunity to be your hosts.

Kind regards,
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Everything was bad, the service was bad, the food was horrible, we were in two rooms and both of them had cockroaches. I even got a bug inside my enfrijoladas and no one cared enough to make it up to me. For dinner we made a reservation for the italian restaurant and the servers where rude and trying to rush us to order and eat quick, I guess because they wanted to go. We gave the hotel a couple of chances it was not a one time mistake, they where several of them.Its unfair because my family and I come all the way from San Francisco and it is not a cheap or quick flight. We where hoping to have a nice place to stay and relax and we got the opposite. I highly recomend not to stay in this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014
4 Thank Carolinamcw
Katarina P, Community Manager at Crown Paradise Club Puerto Vallarta, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear Carolinamcw,

On behalf of Crown Paradise Club I would like to apologize that we did not meet your expectations. Our primary goal is to provide an unforgettable experience to all our guests and for them to want to return again and again. It appears that we did not succeed in your case.
As any other property located in tropical climate we proactively treat all areas of the hotel against cockroaches, this is not necessarily the indicative of the uncleanliness, these insects are native to Mexico and tend to wander indoors during the rainy summer months. Please know that we do work closely with a pest control service to try and keep them outdoors.

If you would like to contact me directly as to provide me with more details, this would help us in seeing where some guests are unsatisfied and would help us in making changes in the future.