“Nice if you want to just relax..”
Review of Ocho Cascadas

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Ocho Cascadas
Reviewed 20 August 2012

I have always wanted stay at Ochos Casacadas as I have owned at Club Cascadas in Cabo for 15 years and love it. Although Ochos has Beautiful views and villas same as in Cabo it does not have the social environment and community pools that Cabo does or amenities on site. Access to beach and downtown not convenient. Wireless Internet outstanding and staff is excellent! Tons of of steep narrow stairs..be careful as I did fall even though I was paying attention to footing.
We were in villa 6 and enjoyed it and wife read 6 books. We went at the end of May 2012 and weather very humid. Glad we had the chance to experience Ochos but will probably not return..you will find at us on the beach at Club Casacadas in Cabo.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
10  Thank rcwinter1

Reviewed 9 August 2012

We just returned last week from Ocho Cascadas and really enjoyed everything. The location is in a quiet more residential area. The beaches near there were clean, clear, and few people (don't forget an umbrella for the beach). Ocho Cascadas is a beautiful place and will be more beautiful in 2014 after renovations. We were in villa 2 on the lowest level and it was very private. The view is obstructed by trees and a nice home but it was great to be near the exit and have a more private pool. I never even saw another guest except for the cocktail mixer on Friday evening that was held in the renovated condo. NICE! The chef made a breakfast and a dinner for us while we were there for the week. It could not have been better! The staff was so helpful and stocked things we requested and stocked things for the start of our vacation. There is a bus stop at the bottom of the hill that will take you to the center cheap. Taxis are reasonable and easy to find (sometimes even waiting outside). I would stay there anytime.
Only down sides: no air conditioning so it does get hot but they provided extra fans for the rooms, it is built on a hill so if you want to go walk and explore the immediate are there will be hills to climb.

This is a great place! Thank you to the staff for a beautiful vacation!!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank jessicared
Reviewed 30 July 2012

I certainly agree with all of the positive comments regarding Ocho Cascadas. The staff was warm, friendly, and accommodating; the views were spectacular; the villa was amazing; and the travelling chef made us a dinner that will not soon be forgotten. Yum! BUT, no air conditioning. None. The electricity went off two nights, too, which meant no ceiling fans, either. The rooms were too hot to stay in comfortably, and we were eaten alive by mosquitos. It was hot, hot, hot, and humid. And I am from Phoenix.
I viewed the renovated villa and it is stunning and equipped with air. Unless you can rent the airconditioned villa, this is not a comfortable place to stay in the summer, regardless of what the time share representatives say.

Room Tip: Villa 4 and above afford the best views.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
7  Thank lynn a
Reviewed 18 June 2012

Few recommendations:

1) Book the chef. We had a group of 4, and the 3 meals we had averaged around $50 each meal ($12.50 per person). They have a menu of available dishes to chose from. The more meals you have, the cheaper it is, because the chef can reuse ingredients.

2) Utilize the pool. The pool was in the perfect location under the perfect conditions. Absolutely loved it.

3) Bring deodorant. The heat and humidity in August were rough, but they are not enough to deter you from going. Just know that you are going to sweat like crazy.

Please contact me if you have any questions.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
7  Thank pvtmulholland
Reviewed 30 May 2012

We just returned from another great visit to Ocho Cascadas, and the resort was as fabulous as always. I won't repeat what others have already said, but I wanted to tell everyone about some major news concerning the resort.

First, a bit of history. When Ocho Cascadas was originally sold as a timeshare resort back in 1982, the weeks were sold on a "Right-To-Use" (RTU) basis, and that RTU contract expired at the end of 2009. Then, the resort owners (the wife & sons of the original architect/builder Ed Giddings) agreed to extend the RTU for another three years (2010-2012). But that usage period will soon be ending as well.

Now, for the exciting news. The resort will be completely refurbished/renovated in 2013, then re-sold as a timeshare resort, but this time forever (i.e. in perpetuity)! The resort will be enhanced and upgraded with many improvements such as:

- Air-conditioned bedrooms
- Enlarged second bedroom
- More ceiling fans in the living area
- New plumbing
- New grounded (3-prong) electrical wiring
- Granite countertops
- Stainless-steel kitchen appliances
- Non-slip stone tile flooring
- Additional overhead lighting
- Beautiful accent lighting

One of the villas has already been upgraded to serve as a "model" showing the improvements that will be made to the whole resort. I have compiled some helpful photos & information about the resort refurbishment/renovation and placed it here:

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
11  Thank collinsc
Reviewed 11 May 2012

I have stayed in hotels and time shares around the world. I have not stayed in one that has pool that is in the living room. Each unit has it's on pool which is actually a waterfall that cascades to the unit below. When you sit in the living room, there are no walls between you and the view, because there are not outside walls! We have stayed in the Penthouse for the last 4 years. All of your meals are prepared by an excellent cook. And the food server has some of the best customer service skills I have encountered.

Caution, I would not recommend going after early May, since there are no walls there is no AC, late afternoon and evenings will be uncomfortable.When the rainy season starts in June and the humndity goes up and the misquitoes come out. I would not want to be there.

This place does not have high end marble floors and gold faucets It does have character

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
7  Thank frequenttravelerdave
Reviewed 18 December 2011

Would very much so recommend this sunny beach paradise to any person that I come across. The views are simply stunning. The architecture is one of a kind, unlike anything I have experienced, so imaginative & like something out of a fairy tale. The sweeping panoramic views of the Bay of Banderas are brilliant. Located in such a dramatic setting nestled on a beautiful lush mountain, one is surrounded by gorgeous views, anywhere your head turns. The staff was very kind & friendly, always greeted me with a big smile, or to help with any need. The rooms present you everything you could wish for, including a warm personal pool. Everything is open to the wonderful Vallarta weather. I just returned from a stay with my family in the Penthouse, Villa 9 & 8. We stayed for a full week, wish it was a month. This is truly a special, special place that anyone who values beautiful experiences should snatch up if given the opportunity. This is my 4th time to Ocho Cascadas, and will definitely not be my last. The town is improving & is worth fully exploring, as well as the tremendous Puerto Vallarta Botanical gardens & beaches! Come experience Vallarta & the breathtaking masterpiece Ocho Cascadas is for yourself, you will not regret it.

Room Tip: The higher the room, the more dramatic the view.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family