“Honeymoon”

Casa Velas
Ranked #2 of 123 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 10 March 2012

My wife and I stayed at Casa Vellas for our honeymoon and it was everything we hoped for. The room was great and the staff went above and beyond to make sure every bit of our stay was as enjoyable as it could be. Would love the opportunity to return to this AMAZING location again in the near future.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jeff B

Reviewed 28 February 2012

This was our second trip to Casa Velas, and I'm sure we'll be back. The rooms, grounds, and pool were ultra-clean and in excellent condition. The staff was great as well. Beny the bartender was a kick, Jesus the concierge was friendly and helpful, and Stefano got us some great deals on golf..Thanks to all. The best part of this hotel is the food. The Emiliano restaurant had great choices for dinner (Duck, Filet Mignon, Mahi Mahi), and a large lunch menu and a breakfast to die for. Nothing we had was less than awesome. The Beach Club has a setting that can't be beat (right on the water)...food there was the same high quality as Emilianos. We decided to go to the timeshare presentation and came very close to buying into the Velas Group, but the time wasn't right for us. As these presentations go, this was extremely low key . They seemed proud of their product and we felt little pressure to join.

8  Thank Ken J
Reviewed 26 February 2012

We had a lovely week at Casa Velas. The reviews here say it all .. it really is very special place - and its also amazingly good value.

Above all I valued the peace and quiet. Casa Velas is a serene, calm and understated hotel with the emphasis on wonderful food and exemplary service. There's no sun bed bagging, no shouting children or rowdiness. The buildings and grounds are beautiful - tucked away from the road and the other large beach side hotels. The other guests were delightful - friendly, smiley and happy.

We adored the Beach Club - and we particularly enjoyed the service provided by Rangel - who was probably the best I have ever come across.

My only gripe with Casa Velas is with the end of meal 'bill ceremony'. We were assured that Casa Velas was all inclusive when we booked. I double checked with Eden, the booking consultant, and he confirmed by email that service was 100% included. So why, after every meal, do they ask you sign the bill with service clearly excluded? I felt bad every time and it took the shine off mealtime to be honest.

2  Thank Will E
Reviewed 24 February 2012

this is our third time at casa velas and it is getting better and better each time.it is nice to see the same faces again that recognize you at your arrival.

a big thanks to jesus who went out of his ways to help us with a little accident that happened,one of the best concierge in the business.he arranged a great romantic dinner at the beach club,thanks again.

like every year,we ate several times at emiliano restaurant,great chef with superb presentation.we went to piaf one time but do prefer casa velas.

we had a few massages on the beach,thats what i call relaxation,alma is my favorite....

thanks to stefano who recommanded us the best excursions ..

we went whales watching with vallarta adventure,it was unbelievable.

this time our friends bought a membership like us,i would say casa velas is the most professional place that i know where they have and use a very different approach with their marketing,there was obsutly no pressure at all in any time,keep doing the same thing thats what differed you from the rest.....thank you stefano

i love casa velas and i would recommand it to any couples who want to relax and enjoy a high quality service.

take a chance you wont be deceive...

sitting around the pool one day i listened to the couple next to me complaining about a few things,please enjoy your vacation .....its too bad to see some people like that,well i dont have to explain more you got the picture....

thanks to everybody who contributed to make casa velas my favorite hotel....

see you next year benny,salud

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank beaulal
Reviewed 24 February 2012

We and another couple just returned from a week in food and beverage heaven at our home @ CasaVelas. Back in snowy Chicago, we are just amazed that our wristbands no longer allow for respectfully delightful services, from the Front door staff, Jorge, Carlos etal to the beautiful smiles behind the front desk. The attention to detail at our meals created an outrageous elegance both in flavors and presentation along with a sincerity of service that constantly made us feel special at every event. Beny the bartender is a master mixologist and just a charming entertaining fellow THE BEACH CLUB staff is "Johny on the spot" attentive from towel to water in iced champagne buckets to creative drinks, snacks and even poolside dinners accompanied by outrageous sunsets. Rangel (our new best friend) and his team could not have been nicer or more pleasant during every interaction. Spa services place you in a unique floating space that relaxes both the spirit and the body.We are already talking about when to return to PV and our home there. Our stay was only marred by the Internet room fees and some unusual days of rain that caused us to towel wrap and nap while lulled by those annoying Pacific surf sounds. A special place with a level of personal services that nurtures the soul but expands the waistline. Alan/Susan Olken, Highland Park, Il USA

Room Tip: The entire resort is suite driven, we stayed in a 2 story villa with plunge pool. It is not kid frie...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank AlanSusanOlken
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Returned to Casa Velas for a second time in three years. It is still amazing but remember it is still Mexico. Some times it seemed the staff was on a bit of a work slow down and other times they were very attentive. It was hard to predict when they worked slow or seemed too busy setting tables etc. to assist with guests and tipping didn't seem to make a difference. Even though they say it is all-inclusive, they also tell you 80% of guests tip, so we tipped. Many times we had to go up to the bar to ask for a drink or lunch menu and I don't remember that from 3 years ago. Other people also complained about very slow service in the restaurants too. It seemed to be hit or miss. I think the service was better 3 years ago.

The grounds are stunning and the staff very friendly. The food was also well prepared with a lot of variety. A water main broke when they were there which left no water for showers before dinner one night but was fixed in a timely fashion. The over head lights in our room were burned out when we arrived. They were changed with the high efficient light bulbs which usually last for years but they burned out before our week was up so, sounds like the place is in need of a big major mechanical over hall.

Also, at check in they said we had not paid our all-inclusive fees in advance, which we had. They were looking for us to pay again but I said no and showed them my confirmation number from their corporate office. They were very polite about it but were unable to resolve the issue since their corp. offices were closed on the weekend and also Monday which was a national holiday. I finally went on line and got my credit card statement which proved I had paid 1 month in advance. This should not have been an issue at all and added some unwanted stress to our vacation.

All in all, it was a lovely stay and we will probably return since it is so beautiful, a great location and friendly staff with great drinks and food. I don't think you will be disappointed if you go, just remember it is in a foreign country and they do things differently there. Also, stay away from the time-share reps. - Stefano, Tammy and Dean. They really know how to ruin a great vacation stay.

Room Tip: Loved the first floor with warm private splash pool and outside table and chairs but noise from gues...
3  Thank Mary O
Reviewed 14 February 2012

I just have to say that I don’t usually try to book a hotel this nice, nor do I routinely write reviews of hotels on websites. Casa Velas totally ruined me on both counts.
I cannot leave this hotel unrecognized for their phenomenal property, outstanding service, and the atmosphere they have created for their guests. Upon our arrival we were greeted at the door, seated in the lobby, and suddenly it seemed the whole world revolved around us. A cool drink, towel, and check-in documents were brought to us by charming Lluvia. Our flight was early, and our room wasn’t “ready”. We were given a tour of the grounds and then sat at the pool where we ordered an appetizer and relaxed. The service of the pool bar and restaurant staff was impressive, from that very moment on.
The grounds were beautiful, serene, and perfectly manicured. The hotel was wonderfully maintained and furnished, as well as spotless.
When our room was ready, we were escorted by Jorge to our room, which looked different than I expected. Not wrong, but I thought from photos I’d seen, that the layout was different. Jorge got on the radio, and with Lluvia’s help, he showed us three different rooms, on three different floors, and said we could choose the one we liked. WOW. We of course chose the one they had picked for us. The room was beautiful, cleaned well every day, plus a turn down service with a note.
We chose the European (breakfast inclusive) package, mostly because we don’t drink alcohol and it was harder to justify the cost. However, we did eat lunch almost every day at the pool or beach club, and dinner once at Emeliano’s, and it was excellent.
We were given wristbands, like many all-inclusive properties, but these were hand-made braided bracelets, with a little silver charm. Our wrist bands were more like “friendship bracelets” both literally and figuratively. We grew close to many on the staff over our six night stay. They made us feel like friends, and greeted us by name, as we did them. Their service, friendliness, and caring was truly exceptional. For instance, when I could not find a certain leather item I was shopping for, I spoke to Jesus the concierge, and he thought one of his staff knew where I could find it. Pablo took us, after work, to Pitillal, to a saddle shop, where we had the talabarteria custom make the item for me. Pablo then insisted to drive us to our dinner reservation that night. Two days later, he returned to the shop, picked the item up, and delivered it to me at the hotel!
To those I haven’t mentioned, Carlos, Cruz, Mary at the gate, etc., we will see you again, soon. Thank you for a beautiful week.

1  Thank Indefatigueable
casavelasmanagement, General Manager at Casa Velas, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2012

Dear Guest,

With great pride I read your comments and would like to thank you for them. It is very pleasing to know that we did a good job and that we, as a team accomplished our main priority witch is offering the most relaxing and comfortable vacation experience for our guests.

Recognition is crucial for striving perfection and I would like to bring up that reviews like yours, gives us the certainty that we are heading on the right direction. Rest sure that I will personally thank the staff for a well done job and make them know that a significant part of Casa Velas success belongs to their daily effort of performing a professional and personalized service.

I will also congratulate our Executive chef and his amazing team that always have a wonderful service attitude and present their creativity and talent to offer high quality products in all the restaurants and food services of the property.

Once again thank you for taking the time of sharing your travel experience in this forum. Hopefully we will have the honor of hosting your first anniversary and continue with the Spanish lessons here at your home away from home.

Regards,

Hotel Mousai
Hotel Mousai
#3 of 123 in Puerto Vallarta
Garza Blanca Preserve, Resort & Spa
Garza Blanca Preserve, Resort & ...
#13 of 123 in Puerto Vallarta
Secrets Vallarta Bay Puerto Vallarta
Secrets Vallarta Bay Puerto Vall...
#14 of 123 in Puerto Vallarta
Velas Vallarta
Velas Vallarta
#5 of 123 in Puerto Vallarta
Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit
Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit
#1 of 28 in Nuevo Vallarta
Villa Premiere Boutique Hotel & Romantic Getaway
Villa Premiere Boutique Hotel & ...
#6 of 123 in Puerto Vallarta

Been to Casa Velas? Share your experiences!