“Really nice place..and people ..”
Review of Casa Velas

Ranked #2 of 123 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 21 July 2012

We just got chance to stay one night but we enjoyed it..I wish I had extra night here.. But next time I'll be there for sure..I like all the staff work there ,they r so helpful and sweet..there location is so quite and peaceful. It's perfect for a romantic couple...I truly loved there beds cause I got such good sleep there first time.. I recommend this to everyone who is going to peurto Vallarta...

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Mitdarshi
casavelasmanagement, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Casa Velas, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2012

Dear Guest.

We are so grateful for considering Casa Velas as your favorite destination. Thanks for your positive comments on our service and colorful grounds.

Our commitment is to meet and exceed your expectations and special requirements to make of your stay your best “VACATION” ever.

Receive a warm greeting from Casa Velas.

E: concierge@hotelcasavelas.com

Write a ReviewReviews (1,599)

Reviewed 20 July 2012

From the moment we arrived until the moment we left Casa Velas, we enjoyed our trip to Mexico. The staff at this small boutique hotel is phenomenal, landscaping on site - beautiful, the gourmet meals - wonderful, the Beach Club – romantic. Golf is available if you enjoy that sport. Amenities and shows at the Velas Vallarta available as well. What more could we ask for?
Come to Mexico; go to Puerto Vallarta, stay at Casa Velas; tour the region and see the Los Arco vista, the Vallarta Marina, Rio Cuale Market, and be sure to go on one of the wonderful tours provided by Vallarta Adventures.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 July 2012

BE AWARE this hotel is NOWHERE near the beach. You cannot see any part of the beach from the hotel property. You have to take a shuttle over to the beach. Now for the SECOND BEWARE: while both Travelocity and this hotel are polite enough the primary motivation here is not customer satisfaction but rather to retrieve every dollar possible and i guess they feel they can do this without repercussion.

We arrived, realized the hotel would require we take 10min shuttle rides back and forth every day and said no thanks. The hotel staff said it's fine no problem. We called Travelocity the very next day to report the problem and suggested that they reclassify or at least much more clearly state the hotel and beach club locations. Their answer fine but you still have to pay for the first night because the hotel says you stayed the first night. Wow. So now it's a my word against yours with a hotel and an awful online travel site.

Well hopefully this review can help folks avoid my ordeal. My advice is that for the price PV has a lot better to offer, if being on the beach without hassle is your aim. Oh and by the way same goes for online booking service.

Room Tip: Look elsewhere for better value.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
9  Thank jkonstantas
casavelasmanagement, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Casa Velas, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2012

Dear Konstantas, Johnnie

In Casa Velas Hotel Boutique we are concerned and very interested about our client’s observations.

We are very sorry to hear that our location has been misunderstood. As shown in our web site Casa Velas is situated along the fairways of the Marina Vallarta Golf Club in Puerto Vallarta. Just seconds from the beach and minutes from Puerto Vallarta International Airport, our spectacular Puerto Vallarta, Mexico resort is also within walking distance of Puerto Vallarta's sophisticated 500-slip marina and 15 minutes from the charming city center of Puerto Vallarta with its famous mile-long boardwalk, El Malecón.

I take this occasion to put at your disposal my previous concierge services, where I will gladly follow your request or information regarding your reservation and or our hotel, also let me inform you that we have a reservation center where a representative will happily attend to your entire request and doubts you might have about our hotel Casa Velas or any other of the Velas Resorts properties.

You are always cordially invited to visit us and benefit from the only The Leading Small Hotel Boutique, adults only, all inclusive with a personalized service in Mexico, Casa Velas, a truly deluxe, sumptuous, stupendous experience, where all our guests are equally important, where they find their home away from home.

We are always willing to welcome and pamper our guests as a commitment.

Receive a warm greeting from the friendliest city of the world, Puerto Vallarta.

Reviewed 13 July 2012

This was our third trip to Casa Velas and the experience continues to be amazing. The accommodations are beautiful and well maintained. The staff are about the best we have ever encountered. Jorge and Benny seem like family members. They all make a point to remember names and always address us as returning friends. The meals are outstanding. As a previous guest noted, breakfast is beautifully presented--who knew that eggs benedict could be a work of art? We went to the Beach Club every day and had wonderful Asian lunches. Dinner at Emiliano's is a treat, but we enjoyed the option of also going to Andrea at the Velas Vallarta site. This is probably the most restful resort we have ever stayed at.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Linda W
Reviewed 9 July 2012

I second all the reviews that hail Casa Velas as a serene oasis with exquisite food and impeccable service. The real reason for this review is to comment on the excellent service received from chief concierge Angel.

I emailed Casa Velas a year after my visit to obtain some information about a product they use in the hotel and within minutes I received a response from Angel.

Multiple emails and a phone call followed to track down the exact item. The service was flawless and Angel went out of his way to obtain the informaiton.

Casa Velas and staff truly understands the importance of valuing customers.

I just had to write this review as I have NEVER received service like this before.

I can't wait to return.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Karen P

Dear Karen P.

I am delighted to read your positives comments, thank you for giving us the opportunity of being your host and I am so grateful for all your beautiful comments about myself.

It is so important for us to know our guest’s opinions and realize that we, as a team, are accomplishing our most important mission, which is exceeding our guest’s expectations.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and experiences at trip advisor; we’ll always be willing to welcome and pamper you as a commitment.

Thank you again for choosing us as your home away from home it will be my pleasure to welcome you in your next visit.

Receive warm greetings from Casa Velas.

Reviewed 8 July 2012

My wife and I researched quit a bit before we picked Casa Velas...The hotel was wonderful,service was excellent,the room was nice size & very clean...The breakfast is out of this world @ the restaurant...can't say enough about how peaceful the resort is...My wife and I travel the Carribean & Mexico a couple times a year and this is the first time neither of us had any issues with what we drank or ate....ice, fruit, water ect...we were good the whole six days we stayed....the staff seems to genuinely care about its guest, example on our last day there while waiting for transportation to the airport there was a little mix up with Applevacations picking us up, the staff caught on quickly and called & paid for our cab to the airport without us even having to ask what was going on...again wonderful staff! (you have to try the fresh made Guacamole...) Just a wonderful all & all stay...will definitely go back!

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank WCL111
Reviewed 28 June 2012

My wife and I spent 9 days at Casa Velas - June 6 – 15, 2012. This was our first visit to Puerto Vallarta so I was unsure where to stay: Zona Romantica, Hotel Zone, Marina, Nuevo Vallarta. I was also confused how to figure out all of the details – all inclusive or not, internet access, cell phone coverage, communicating (English spoken everywhere?), taxi availability, restaurants, activities, tipping, beachfront or not. I read many reviews in Trip Advisor as well as many forum posts. All the posts for Casa Velas were so positive I wasn’t sure if they were all authentic – they were. Below is my experience.

We decided to stay at Casa Velas and we loved it. It is a beautiful property and the customer service is unbelievable. We had a master suite with a Jacuzzi on the porch overlooking the Golf Course and we loved it. We ended up in the Jacuzzi several nights. Its not heated so it’s very refreshing.

Everyone is so genuinely nice and helpful. It is really very serene on the grounds. We felt like we had the pool to ourselves. There were only a couple people in the pool anytime we were there. We also loved the Beach Club. The infinity edge pool looks out over the beach and ocean and you can see the city in the background. Absolutely gorgeous. A 5 minute van ride to the Beach Club is easy and available with little wait time. We spent many days there.

Food – We did the all-inclusive and it was a great choice. It would have been a hassle to go to a restaurant for each meal or pay the high ala carte prices at Casa Velas. Overall the food was very good. Breakfasts were fantastic. Lunch and dinners were mostly excellent also but the menu choices seemed limited for a long 9 day stay. Room service was quick and good. The Beach club had fantastic asian dishes and typical pool bar food. Alcohol at each bar was top shelf and bartenders were fun – Fredy, Benny, Gerardo were very friendly and gave great service. We had one meal (included) at the French restaurant to the Grand Velas and it was fantastic – don’t miss it.

Tipping – I saw many posts saying that gratuities were included in the price of the all-inclusive so no need to tip. I completely disagree. I tip for great service and the service was consistently outstanding. I tipped around 15 % on every check. Of course this is why they need to give you a check for each meal (and also for them to keep track of what was given to customers). At the end of the 9 day trip, the total cost in dollars for all of the tips was araound $250 – a great bargain for terrific service. Thanks everyone!

English / Spanish – Almost everyone at Casa Velas speaks English as well as Spanish. I decided to learn some Spanish before I went and it was the most important thing that I did. I really enjoyed speaking Spanish while I was there. I tried to speak Spanish to everyone in PV and each person helped me with new words and phrases. They appreciated that I tried to speak Spanish and with their help I got better and better. Because I learned all the numbers in Spanish I was able to bargain with vendors in Spanish. We had a few taxi drivers who did not know English and my Spanish was enough to get by. I used ‘Learn Spanish in 10 minutes a day’ and I recommend it.

Taxis – They were everywhere and very cheap. It cost 80 – 100 pesos to go downtown from Casa Velas which is around $8. It takes about 20 minutes to get downtown. Most taxis do not turn on their AC. You can request it when hailing a taxi from downtown.

Wifi – It was so expensive to use the cell phone that wi-fi was worth it even though it was expensive - $80 US per 7 days for a single device. Ouch. But it was very fast. I found the free wifi in the lobby to be slow.

Restaurants – we went to a couple restaurants in Old Vallarta. They were good but not great. I really didn’t like the beef in PV but the fish and shrimp were great everywhere. Chicken and pork dishes were good too. Local street taco stands were great and fun.

Crime – We went everywhere and felt safe everywhere at any time of day or night. No different than being at home.

Beach Vendors – They are constantly trying to get your attention, but you can just say 'No Gracias'. No need to be a jerk about it. They are just trying to earn a living and its a difficult job. I bought some things from them and got some great deals (always negotiate). You can’t beat shopping for souvenirs while sitting in a pool with a drink in your hand! I will say that the Timeshare people in old town are difficult to put up with. I avoided all timeshare pitches – my time is too precious.

Pesos – I always converted dollars to Pesos and then used Pesos for everything. Its easier and you end up with the best value.

Final thoughts – We really enjoyed Puerto Vallarta. Everyone was very friendly. Going in the low season was great because it was not crowded anywhere and great deals everywhere. But it was hot and not many places have AC (not an issue while at the resort). When we go back we will definitely stay at Casa Velas again and will do the All-Inclusive. Our experience at Casa Velas was truly outstanding and we look forward to seeing everyone there again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
13  Thank Steve_in_STL
casavelasmanagement, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Casa Velas, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2012

Dear Mr. Farlow

I am so glad to hear from you and I wish to thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your stay with us at Casa Velas, I am delighted to read your positives comments, thank you for giving us the opportunity of being your host. I will happily share your comments with all our family members.

Your live experience with us, is the greatest motivation to all of our staff and all of them always are inspiring us to continuing with our mission… always exceed your expectations and put special attention in all the details for your total comfort.

We’ll always be willing to welcome and pamper you as a commitment, thank you again for being chosen as your home away home, hopefully we will have the opportunity again to have you and exceed your expectations one more time in a near future at Casa Velas Hotel Boutique or at anyone of our different Velas Resorts properties.

All the best!!