“Wonderful!”
Review of Casa Velas

Ranked #2 of 123 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 21 July 2012

Don't listen to 'jkonstantis'. Apparently he knows how to use Tripadvisor to complain, but not to research his stay in advance! Nowhere in these reviews is the resort represented as on the beach. It is VERY clear that it is secluded on the golf course with a shuttle to their private beach club. He also thinks he shouldn't have to pay for the first day he stayed? The nerve!

I am currently on my last night of our 7 night stay and am so sad to leave. What a wonderful place. Gourmet food to die for, attentive and genuinely caring staff, along with quiet, beautiful surroundings makes this place a little bit of heaven on earth.

The complaints I may have if any are so overwhelmingly overshadowed by everything that Casa Velas gets right that you feel nit picky for even bringing them up. Things like the Mosquitos, or non-gratis spa, but bring a can of OFF and get a massage on the beach from a vendor and those complaints are quickly forgotten.

Our experience here has been incredible and I would eagerly recommend the Casa Velas to anyone!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank MonDex
casavelasmanagement, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Casa Velas, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2012

Dear Guest

I wish to extend warm greetings from Casa Velas and thank you very much for expressing your opinion about your stay with us; it is always a pleasure to know that we have exceeded our guest’s expectations on regards of the service provided by our dedicated staff and the food quality at the property.

Thank you for giving us the opportunity of being your host during your anniversary trip, and make it a memorable one and experience a true vacation in paradise.

Thank you again for expressing your opinion and it will be my pleasure to welcome you in your next visit.

All Casa Velas staff send you a friendly HOLA!!

Reviewed 21 July 2012

We just got chance to stay one night but we enjoyed it..I wish I had extra night here.. But next time I'll be there for sure..I like all the staff work there ,they r so helpful and sweet..there location is so quite and peaceful. It's perfect for a romantic couple...I truly loved there beds cause I got such good sleep there first time.. I recommend this to everyone who is going to peurto Vallarta...

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Mitdarshi

Dear Guest.

We are so grateful for considering Casa Velas as your favorite destination. Thanks for your positive comments on our service and colorful grounds.

Our commitment is to meet and exceed your expectations and special requirements to make of your stay your best “VACATION” ever.

Receive a warm greeting from Casa Velas.

Reviewed 20 July 2012

From the moment we arrived until the moment we left Casa Velas, we enjoyed our trip to Mexico. The staff at this small boutique hotel is phenomenal, landscaping on site - beautiful, the gourmet meals - wonderful, the Beach Club – romantic. Golf is available if you enjoy that sport. Amenities and shows at the Velas Vallarta available as well. What more could we ask for?
Come to Mexico; go to Puerto Vallarta, stay at Casa Velas; tour the region and see the Los Arco vista, the Vallarta Marina, Rio Cuale Market, and be sure to go on one of the wonderful tours provided by Vallarta Adventures.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 July 2012

BE AWARE this hotel is NOWHERE near the beach. You cannot see any part of the beach from the hotel property. You have to take a shuttle over to the beach. Now for the SECOND BEWARE: while both Travelocity and this hotel are polite enough the primary motivation here is not customer satisfaction but rather to retrieve every dollar possible and i guess they feel they can do this without repercussion.

We arrived, realized the hotel would require we take 10min shuttle rides back and forth every day and said no thanks. The hotel staff said it's fine no problem. We called Travelocity the very next day to report the problem and suggested that they reclassify or at least much more clearly state the hotel and beach club locations. Their answer fine but you still have to pay for the first night because the hotel says you stayed the first night. Wow. So now it's a my word against yours with a hotel and an awful online travel site.

Well hopefully this review can help folks avoid my ordeal. My advice is that for the price PV has a lot better to offer, if being on the beach without hassle is your aim. Oh and by the way same goes for online booking service.

Room Tip: Look elsewhere for better value.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
9  Thank jkonstantas
casavelasmanagement, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Casa Velas, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2012

Dear Konstantas, Johnnie

In Casa Velas Hotel Boutique we are concerned and very interested about our client’s observations.

We are very sorry to hear that our location has been misunderstood. As shown in our web site Casa Velas is situated along the fairways of the Marina Vallarta Golf Club in Puerto Vallarta. Just seconds from the beach and minutes from Puerto Vallarta International Airport, our spectacular Puerto Vallarta, Mexico resort is also within walking distance of Puerto Vallarta's sophisticated 500-slip marina and 15 minutes from the charming city center of Puerto Vallarta with its famous mile-long boardwalk, El Malecón.

I take this occasion to put at your disposal my previous concierge services, where I will gladly follow your request or information regarding your reservation and or our hotel, also let me inform you that we have a reservation center where a representative will happily attend to your entire request and doubts you might have about our hotel Casa Velas or any other of the Velas Resorts properties.

You are always cordially invited to visit us and benefit from the only The Leading Small Hotel Boutique, adults only, all inclusive with a personalized service in Mexico, Casa Velas, a truly deluxe, sumptuous, stupendous experience, where all our guests are equally important, where they find their home away from home.

We are always willing to welcome and pamper our guests as a commitment.

Receive a warm greeting from the friendliest city of the world, Puerto Vallarta.

Reviewed 13 July 2012

This was our third trip to Casa Velas and the experience continues to be amazing. The accommodations are beautiful and well maintained. The staff are about the best we have ever encountered. Jorge and Benny seem like family members. They all make a point to remember names and always address us as returning friends. The meals are outstanding. As a previous guest noted, breakfast is beautifully presented--who knew that eggs benedict could be a work of art? We went to the Beach Club every day and had wonderful Asian lunches. Dinner at Emiliano's is a treat, but we enjoyed the option of also going to Andrea at the Velas Vallarta site. This is probably the most restful resort we have ever stayed at.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Linda W
Reviewed 9 July 2012

I second all the reviews that hail Casa Velas as a serene oasis with exquisite food and impeccable service. The real reason for this review is to comment on the excellent service received from chief concierge Angel.

I emailed Casa Velas a year after my visit to obtain some information about a product they use in the hotel and within minutes I received a response from Angel.

Multiple emails and a phone call followed to track down the exact item. The service was flawless and Angel went out of his way to obtain the informaiton.

Casa Velas and staff truly understands the importance of valuing customers.

I just had to write this review as I have NEVER received service like this before.

I can't wait to return.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Karen P

Dear Karen P.

I am delighted to read your positives comments, thank you for giving us the opportunity of being your host and I am so grateful for all your beautiful comments about myself.

It is so important for us to know our guest’s opinions and realize that we, as a team, are accomplishing our most important mission, which is exceeding our guest’s expectations.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and experiences at trip advisor; we’ll always be willing to welcome and pamper you as a commitment.

Thank you again for choosing us as your home away from home it will be my pleasure to welcome you in your next visit.

Receive warm greetings from Casa Velas.

Reviewed 8 July 2012

My wife and I researched quit a bit before we picked Casa Velas...The hotel was wonderful,service was excellent,the room was nice size & very clean...The breakfast is out of this world @ the restaurant...can't say enough about how peaceful the resort is...My wife and I travel the Carribean & Mexico a couple times a year and this is the first time neither of us had any issues with what we drank or ate....ice, fruit, water ect...we were good the whole six days we stayed....the staff seems to genuinely care about its guest, example on our last day there while waiting for transportation to the airport there was a little mix up with Applevacations picking us up, the staff caught on quickly and called & paid for our cab to the airport without us even having to ask what was going on...again wonderful staff! (you have to try the fresh made Guacamole...) Just a wonderful all & all stay...will definitely go back!

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank WCL111
Also consider these accommodations in or near Puerto Vallarta
Hotel Mousai
Hotel Mousai
#3 of 123 in Puerto Vallarta
Garza Blanca Preserve, Resort & Spa
Garza Blanca Preserve, Resort & ...
#13 of 123 in Puerto Vallarta
Secrets Vallarta Bay Puerto Vallarta
Secrets Vallarta Bay Puerto Vall...
#14 of 123 in Puerto Vallarta
Velas Vallarta
Velas Vallarta
#5 of 123 in Puerto Vallarta
Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit
Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit
#1 of 28 in Nuevo Vallarta
Villa Premiere Boutique Hotel & Romantic Getaway
Villa Premiere Boutique Hotel & ...
#6 of 123 in Puerto Vallarta

Been to Casa Velas? Share your experiences!