I'll start by saying that this was our first upscale all-inclusive, I've stayed at a few in Egypt and Dominican but they weren't this nice. The service was very nice, everyone made it a point to make us feel welcome and comfortable. We went during the low season and we basically had the place to ourselves, I would highly recommend going during this time if you like solitude. We stayed mostly at the pool but did go to the beach club for a few days. CAUTION, THE OCEAN WILL SHRINK YOUR HANDS AND YOU MAY LOSE YOUR WEDDING RING. If you find a ring in the ocean by the beach club that looks like a rosary, please let me know, I will pay you a nice reward.
The breakfast at Emiliano was probably my favorite of all the meals. Because the place is a health spa the portions for all the meals were perfect, not too big so that you can try a few things. For breakfast I highly recommend some kind of juice or smoothy and either the homemade granola or muesli. Also ask for a side of the whole grain bread, it goes great with the jams. For lunch I recommend the sea food soup, caprese salad, and the Puerto Vallarta ceviche with chips and salsa. Top it off with a cubana and you have a great lunch. For evening meal I recommend stopping by Beny's bar and asking for whatever kind of drink you like. I prefer a gin martini before supper and Beny's are great. The all-inclusive liquors include Bombay gin, Tangueray gin, Beefeater gin, Chivas scotch, Johnny Walker red and black, and of course Don Julio tequilas. The all-inclusive wine list includes some nice wines from Argentina, Chile, and Mexico. If you ask Bernadino or Daniel nicely they may even give you a set of the good stemware (Riedel) which really adds to the wine experience. I really didn't have a so-so meal so I can't really suggest anything for dinner. For dessert I liked the sorbets or creme brulee the best.
At the pool Freddy makes all sorts of great drinks, my favorite being either the cubana or mojito. At the beach club I really liked the Sushi and a cubana. Rengal takes care of all of the guest at the beach club and is very detail oriented.
All-in-all we are very satisfied with the decision to visit Casa Velas. We researched for a long time before deciding to stay here. We will definitely be back some day (maybe I'll find my ring) and we are looking forward to the next visit to this resort.
Last thing, be sure to ask Beny for a cocktail stir stick animal.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Imagine the perfect resort retreat in the Mexican Pacific Riviera, where luxury and romanticism combine in perfect harmony. Resembling a private estate, Casa Velas offers Condé Nast and AAA award-winning service in a casually elegant and intimate boutique atmosphere in Puerto Vallarta. This boutique hotel enjoys a garden setting surrounded by the Marina Vallarta Golf Course. A beachside experience waits just three minutes away at your private Ocean Club, with stunning sunsets and memorable dining. Unlimited transport is available day and night to whisk you to the golden shores of the Mexican Pacific. The Ocean Club is a place of supreme peace and tranquility for enjoying an infinity pool, jacuzzi and terrace with impressive ocean views. Our luxurious getaway invites you to enjoy the comforting sounds and vibrant colors of the tropics as you discover the true meaning of relaxation and luxury at an all-inclusive Puerto Vallarta resort paradise. Recently chosen as one of the Top 10 hotels in Mexico and the Caribbean in three categories - Luxury, Relaxation/Spa and Hotel for Romance - by TripAdvisor®, Casa Velas is an enchanting destination where simple pleasures rejuvenate your mind, body and soul. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Casa Velas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Velas Boutique Resort
- Hotel Casa Velas Boutique